EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be interesting, if not impossible, to see the waitlist numbers and cancelled pre-orders to gauge how many people missed out on the TMP figures. It could suggest a potential market for a second small run. I would love a chance to get Kirk at a realistic price (not secondary market ones).

If you’re supremely patient you’ll snag one at a decent price. Maybe not this month or even this year, but eventually.

Received my Kirk preorder today. I’m very pleased! I can tell it’s not the easiest to photograph and capture the likeness as much as you can in person. As soon as I opened it, there was no mistaking Shatner’s likeness. The expression is wonderful and really captures the glint in his eye. As others have mentioned, he is just a bit too tall.
Some quick pics:
CF8FEF24-70A3-41AF-BBCC-AEBDB1E3F628.jpeg
848FDD0E-337C-44F2-BBD3-8E5492B87699.jpeg
62B01F23-F09A-47DB-8CFE-F45C3AF20732.jpeg
ddfb8096-dbd6-41b0-b02c-40d0993d0a11-jpeg.616917
B6E2B59F-2213-49D1-AC4D-3DCB03C7D981.jpeg
7A968C7A-7CFA-46B9-8677-F0BFC0B6A53D.jpeg
7C761517-E57A-42C0-B6EF-27ED5557B820.jpeg
9588F277-A5CB-4D6C-B330-AA3156CB149D.jpeg
6A734443-BA3A-478D-BD78-094C08E6D343.jpeg

Attachments

• DDFB8096-DBD6-41B0-B02C-40D0993D0A11.jpeg
    DDFB8096-DBD6-41B0-B02C-40D0993D0A11.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 445
I had forgotten I have a spare Ilia head. Originally, she looked a bit too small next to QMX so I asked Ron Thompson to enlarge her slightly but I decided to get them both painted at the same time. The TMP ones have slightly smaller heads, I think. I just found her while looking for a spare box and she actually looks ok next to them. I will keep my jumbo headed version, since she still looks good next to all my other customs and if I put her at the back, the larger head is actually a bonus, but if anybody wants the smaller head, send me a PM.

Her head sits a bit high on this Phicen body but I think she fitted fine on the first body I chose.

Attachments

• 20230108_181240.jpg
    20230108_181240.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230108_181257.jpg
    20230108_181257.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nanjin has a few spares for sale if anyone who missed them wants one according to Facebook:

We have a few Kirk and Spock available for Immediate Purchase this afternoon.

Will put them on line after 1 pm (Pacific Time, GMT: -8)
The sales are for TODAY only because our warehouse is closing this Friday for CNY and to ease the covid pressure on our colleagues. We will process the order and shipping within the following 12 hours.

"One per customer" still applies. I will cross check emails and shipping addresses.

Nanjin has a few spares for sale if anyone who missed them wants one according to Facebook:

The sales are for TODAY only because our warehouse is closing this Friday for CNY and to ease the covid pressure on our colleagues. We will process the order and shipping within the following 12 hours.

"One per customer" still applies. I will cross check emails and shipping addresses.
Way to keep that quiet :lol Joke. Good luck to those who missed out before.

I'd forgotten what a nightmare it is to find the right body for the right head. Dug out an old spare body and the shorter neck is perfect for the Ilia head but it's pale and she needs suntan. Also fractionally shorter. I think Persis was slightly taller than Grace. Mind you, with heels, she will be taller.

I wish I could work out which make of body it was.
20230110_203822.jpg

I missed out originally because the system wouldn't take my Paypal for some reason. I sure hope I can get one this time around. I wonder how close to 1:00pm WCT he will list them?

Wow - that went fast. Thank you for the heads-up. I grabbed one Kirk so fast I could barely type the paypal payment fast enough.

Got Spock but didnt stand a chance on Kirk.

Nanjin said 24 pieces sold in 30 seconds.

I know he wants emhpasis on TWOK, but seems like hes leaving money on the table.

Wow - that went fast. Thank you for the heads-up. I grabbed one Kirk so fast I could barely type the paypal payment fast enough.
I'm glad a few more people were able to get them! However popular these have been, they must be expecting the TWoK ones to sell even better, factoring in it's a more popular movie, more popular uniforms, and a long pre-order window.

I'd forgotten what a nightmare it is to find the right body for the right head. Dug out an old spare body and the shorter neck is perfect for the Ilia head but it's pale and she needs suntan. Also fractionally shorter. I think Persis was slightly taller than Grace. Mind you, with heels, she will be taller.

I wish I could work out which make of body it was.
View attachment 617412
Persis was 5'7", Grace 5'8"

Back