EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish he would do a whole crew for everything
I have wanted a full TMP crew since the Mego days. It's my holy grail but I long ago realised that if I am going to get it, I need to do it myself! TMP uniforms are not well loved. The renaissance of 1/6 Trek is not something I was expecting but I am actually starting to feel like I might be able to realise my dream! It's getting uniforms made that seems to be the stumbling block.

I have wanted a full TMP crew since the Mego days. It's my holy grail but I long ago realised that if I am going to get it, I need to do it myself! TMP uniforms are not well loved. The renaissance of 1/6 Trek is not something I was expecting but I am actually starting to feel like I might be able to realise my dream! It's getting uniforms made that seems to be the stumbling block.
Might be able to either ask geewhiz or get a project going with yunsil/toribox then have a good sculptor make the heads. the whole thing can be one big group project to save money. I would recommend starting the thread on customonesixth.com
You could start with a Scotty figure then do the next after.

Might be able to either ask geewhiz or get a project going with yunsil/toribox then have a good sculptor make the heads. the whole thing can be one big group project to save money. I would recommend starting the thread on customonesixth.com
You could start with a Scotty figure then do the next after.
I have heads for all the main crew except Chapel and Scotty with moustache, although I will make a decision on which Uhura head to use when the Exo-6 version comes out. I have a Barbie Uhura head with a painter currently getting TMP style hair done but I have no clue how good she is going to look.

I have a custom zaranite head ready (probably science department) and a Mantis head to send off for repainting alongside Shran as two background Andorians (probably security and medical respectively). I would quite like a Saurian engineer and an Arcturian security guard and then maybe a standard human male security guard. I also wouldn't inf Billy van Zandt's Rhandarite security officer. That's 18 characters and 16 additional uniforms? I suppose I could think about making some other characters like DiFalco or the engineering officer if I get that far. I'm not sure how much Gee Whiz might charge for that hoard - but it's probsbly more the wait time.

I would think 20 characters is probably more than enough. How many crewmen are normally on the bridge? I think it might only be 11 plus Scotty, McCoy, Chapel, and visiting security guards (RIP Phillips).

This is also why I am thinking of getting some additional flooring made to expand the bridge display once the chair comes out.

I have heads for all the main crew except Chapel and Scotty with moustache, although I will make a decision on which Uhura head to use when the Exo-6 version comes out. I have a Barbie Uhura head with a painter currently getting TMP style hair done but I have no clue how good she is going to look.

I have a custom zaranite head ready (probably science department) and a Mantis head to send off for repainting alongside Shran as two background Andorians (probably security and medical respectively). I would quite like a Saurian engineer and an Arcturian security guard and then maybe a standard human male security guard. I also wouldn't inf Billy van Zandt's Rhandarite security officer. That's 18 characters and 16 additional uniforms? I suppose I could think about making some other characters like DiFalco or the engineering officer if I get that far. I'm not sure how much Gee Whiz might charge for that hoard - but it's probsbly more the wait time.

I would think 20 characters is probably more than enough. How many crewmen are normally on the bridge? I think it might only be 11 plus Scotty, McCoy, Chapel, and visiting security guards (RIP Phillips).

This is also why I am thinking of getting some additional flooring made to expand the bridge display once the chair comes out.
They usually charge around $500 but if it was done a a group buy there might be a discount. FullMetal could do the badges

Apparently another online retailer has had to refund its preorders on Admiral Kirk.

Apparently another online retailer has had to refund its preorders on Admiral Kirk.

Just got an email from Popcultcha to that effect. Feeling pretty bummed considering nanjin said there’d be third-party availability and PC said there was no reason to be concerned.

Guess I’ll pick it up on the secondary market - don’t mind waiting for a non-extortionate price.

Just got an email from Popcultcha to that effect. Feeling pretty bummed considering nanjin said there’d be third-party availability and PC said there was no reason to be concerned.

Guess I’ll pick it up on the secondary market - don’t mind waiting for a non-extortionate price.
That kinda sucks for people waiting for third party retailers. That should really be locked in before advertising them for PO.😕

It seemed to be a pretty open and known fact that this was a limited edition. Nanjin was explicitly clear on that.
It seems odd that Popculcha and other retailers didn't get the memo.
It also seemed suspect that some of these companies had pre-orders open for way longer than seemed it made sense.
How do you hold open a pre-order for weeks for something that is selling out everywhere?

I feel bad for those who missed out due to retailer missteps, but I don't see where this is an Exo-6 error.

It seemed to be a pretty open and known fact that this was a limited edition. Nanjin was explicitly clear on that.
It seems odd that Popculcha and other retailers didn't get the memo.
It also seemed suspect that some of these companies had pre-orders open for way longer than seemed it made sense.
How do you hold open a pre-order for weeks for something that is selling out everywhere?

I feel bad for those who missed out due to retailer missteps, but I don't see where this is an Exo-6 error.
Without knowing the business or how things are done between manufacturers and retailers, it is easy to throw stones but difficult to accurately blame anyone. Nanjin is easier for some to blame since Exo-6 is newer and popcultcha has a longer and larger customer base. Kneejerk customer loyalty certainly playing a part in some of the vitriol I’ve seen on FB about this.

I would not be surprised if Nanjin made TMP McCoy an Exo-6 direct exclusive.

Btw, “Disco McCoy” has always been the nickname, but what do we think he will be named on the package? “Frontier Doctor”? “Reserve Activated McCoy”?

Without knowing the business or how things are done between manufacturers and retailers, it is easy to throw stones but difficult to accurately blame anyone. Nanjin is easier for some to blame since Exo-6 is newer and popcultcha has a longer and larger customer base. Kneejerk customer loyalty certainly playing a part in some of the vitriol I’ve seen on FB about this.

I would not be surprised if Nanjin made TMP McCoy an Exo-6 direct exclusive.

Btw, “Disco McCoy” has always been the nickname, but what do we think he will be named on the package? “Frontier Doctor”? “Reserve Activated McCoy”?
It doesn't sound like Popculcha is supplied directly by Exo-6. I don't pretend to know the situation. It's unfortunate all the way around.

I like "Reserve Activated McCoy" or "Drafted McCoy", but "Disco McCoy" works, too!

Nanjin Tam

To be clear, we never have any connection with this company.
I myself don't even know them.
"In good faith" are some strong words. Not too many really have good faith.
Look at our history, we can live up to "in good faith."
Someday, we will be blamed if someone is stress out from constipation 😅

Nanjin Tam

Just to be clear, POP Costume is my good personal friend. Do not mistaken this POP from the POP in Australia. I have absolute zero knowledge of that POP in Australia. (I don't even know this company's full name)

I just started reading/posting here in the Star Trek section, are things always this entertaining? :ROFLMAO:

Knowing who is supplied directly by EXO-6 is the key. The only two I think I'm aware of in the US are BBTS and Sideshow? Is that correct, and are there others?

Back