EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve always found the uniform change/random confusing in Generations. I get it, everyone was changing for the new look so it was filtering through - but considering replicator technology the entire crew could have changed uniform all at once on a date Picard set.
Not eventually as in the real world waiting for the uniform supplies to arrive in waves…
Is a nit-pick I know but it still irritates me to this day, never mind the film itself! I still love it though, warts and all.
It seemed to be down to personal preference at that point on the Enterprise-D, while the majority of the crew once they wear the new uniform never change back Picard himself wore the TNG uniform in the final scene.

Agreed. They also turn up randomly on various crew in Generations so that also ties them all together nicely too - excluding Picard turning up in Emissary of course.

I’ve always found the uniform change/random confusing in Generations. I get it, everyone was changing for the new look so it was filtering through - but considering replicator technology the entire crew could have changed uniform all at once on a date Picard set.
Not eventually as in the real world waiting for the uniform supplies to arrive in waves…
Is a nit-pick I know but it still irritates me to this day, never mind the film itself! I still love it though, warts and all.
This is my favorite example of Trek being incredibly cheap. They tried to make new uniforms for Generations (as seen on the Playmates figures) but they were not working out and were scrapped very early in the filming. But they really wanted a new look for the crew, so they just stole the uniforms from DS9. Not the designs, the actual filming costumes worn by Avery Brooks, Colm Meaney, and Terry Farrell.

The only new costumes they bothered making were for Picard and Data. Riker looks like he is about to bust wearing Brooks’s jumpsuit, and Geordi is swimming in Colm Meaney’s. Worf, Crusher and Troi just said “screw it” and stayed in their TNG outfits.

Yeah that was so bizarre. Plus the fact while the DS9 uniforms worked great on TV, they came across awfully simple and basic on a movie screen and kinda made the TNG crew look like just a bunch of Starfleet janitors.

They're OK, a bit leathery and military for me. I miss the days of bright sets and colors.

Worf looks ******* awesome though.
Picard_306_TP_1124_03894_RT.jpg

Not the designs, the actual filming costumes worn by Avery Brooks, Colm Meaney, and Terry Farrell.
What was Farrell's uniform used for? I know Troi and Crusher both stayed in their TNG duds, but I'm having trouble remembering any blue-shouldered ladies in the film at all.

Last edited:
Another new Odo tease. (I've flipped it as the original is apparently a shot of his reflection in a monitor.)

Attachments

• 337547441_686199283505984_5507443782351770060_n.jpg
    337547441_686199283505984_5507443782351770060_n.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 0
I like the version Shaw is wearing over Riker’s.

View attachment 629853
This season's uniforms are my favourite of all the versions we've seen in Picard. Its one of my favorites, period.
If I had to pick a top five:
1) TOS Film Uniforms (2-6)
2) First Contact uniforms
3) TOS / SNW / Kelvin films
4) DS9 1-3 / Voyager
5) Enterprise

Bottom five?
1) TMP uniforms (Except Kirk's Admiral uni)
2) Discovery Seasons 3-5
3) Any version from Picard 1-2
3) TNG season 1-2
4) Prodigy
5) Discovery season 1-2

Which i guess puts TNG / Lower Decks and Picard season 3 smack dab in the middle

Back