Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trust Timewalker for this piece more than ER. ER delayed my Bowman order and made me feel ashamed for asking about my order, even though I did not pester them. Took me 2 extra years to get that figure, but I did eventually get it

Good news everyone…

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/EVA-Space-Pod-2001-A-Space-Odyssey-Executive-R-p/er-sl202401.htm

IMG_2962.png

I am on the fence in regards to purchasing the EVA Pod. No doubt it will be a quality item and the highlight of anyone’s collection, but the timing is off for me; if the Pod, like it is now, were available, say 7 years earlier, I would have jumped on it. At this point, I now have an ECTO 1, a Delorian, 66 Batmobile, Hulkbuster, the list goes on of major collection showstoppers I get to enjoy in my house (no humblebrag intended here).

However, I have also invested in 5 or six suits of different colors and have virtually all of the other material ER has made for this license. If I were to get the Pod, I would get to use/see everything every day. I would want to place it in a lit diorama like I did my Batmobile, but doing that could run another 1.5K because I would want to do it right. Also, it could take me upwards of a year to get this project done, and typically that means scope creep and a budget increase.

So, what should I do, or is this just a first world problem?

Back