Evangelion 2020 Statues/Figures/Misc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear baby jesus that was bonkers.

I haven't seen anything that insane since a Jodorowsky movie.

It wasn't as "horrific" as End of Eva, but it was probably weirder.

Geez....where to start.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Geez....where to start.....

I can REALLY spoil stuff if you want, but that's the general gist of it!

cheers bro just spent the last few hours looking up any spoilers i could find, sounds crazy and honestly don't know what to feel about everything i've read so far

All told, I still prefer the original TV series and that crazy gonzo End of Evangelion.

These movies were fun, but they really were pretty pointless once you get down to it. Especially the first one.

It was cool as hell to see it in the theater, but I don't think it's gonna have a lot of replay value. The best one is still 2.0.

All told, I still prefer the original TV series and that crazy gonzo End of Evangelion.

These movies were fun, but they really were pretty pointless once you get down to it. Especially the first one.

It was cool as hell to see it in the theater, but I don't think it's gonna have a lot of replay value. The best one is still 2.0.

yeah neon and EoE will always be the best no amount cg animation will change that, but i do like the end battle and eva design of 3.0, thats about it so far

Just my opinion, but this one blows 3.0 outta the water.

There's the looooong village interlude which is indeed slow and dull, but man, the last third of the movie is as insane or more so than anything that's come before it in Evangelion.

thats saying a lot! eye was pretty nuts, bro spoiler question
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just my opinion, but this one blows 3.0 outta the water.

There's the looooong village interlude which is indeed slow and dull, but man, the last third of the movie is as insane or more so than anything that's come before it in Evangelion.

That?s good to hear! So you don?t think we?ll hate that ending? Without spoilers

I hated the turn 3 took and I also hated all the time waisting. No one acted like a human or spoke to each other, which bothered me.

2.0 felt to me like a great alternate version that featured a more traditional hero arc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it has a satisfying ending, but it's hard to please so many people that want so many things.

I also disliked 3.0 and thought it was a huge bore for 90% of the movie and that the characters felt all wrong.

This movie has an extended "slow" sequence but it's a lot more pleasant than 3.0. It's a little dull, and very very slow, but not bad. All I'll say is the entire first third of the movie feels like a weird Ghibli movie, not an Evangelion movie.

Then in act 2, things get really crazy and weird and frantic again.

It's not as good as 2.0 in my opinion. To me, that was pure, unadulterated Evangelion. But this is the next best thing....much much better than 3.0 and I think it felt like a decent conclusion.

Well, with the hype of seeing the movie, and fear of missing out, I went ahead and ordered the DYNACTION Eva 01 at 4 the morning while it was still at retail price. It just looks so BIG and fun, and I'll regret it when it sells out and is going triple the price. I have so many Eva toys all over the place, but this one looks so solid and so fun and damn it....HUGE!

Hope I don't get any buyer's remorse when it arrives in a few days. I don't usually just spontaneously buy stuff...it's usually all planned out months ahead.

Yes. I enjoyed the philosophical dialog that many think is crazy. It is not crazy at all. I liked that they used sephirot in the End of Evangelion, as they were present all along.

I also enjoy Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. series the most. The movies never got me interested, they are visually pleasant, but not as fun as the series. I also actually like the new Netflix series (everything but Motoko redesign).

I think it has a satisfying ending, but it's hard to please so many people that want so many things.

I also disliked 3.0 and thought it was a huge bore for 90% of the movie and that the characters felt all wrong.

This movie has an extended "slow" sequence but it's a lot more pleasant than 3.0. It's a little dull, and very very slow, but not bad. All I'll say is the entire first third of the movie feels like a weird Ghibli movie, not an Evangelion movie.

Then in act 2, things get really crazy and weird and frantic again.

It's not as good as 2.0 in my opinion. To me, that was pure, unadulterated Evangelion. But this is the next best thing....much much better than 3.0 and I think it felt like a decent conclusion.

Thanks for that breakdown. Emotionally I don?t think I could have gone into this movie not knowing hahah

Well, with the hype of seeing the movie, and fear of missing out, I went ahead and ordered the DYNACTION Eva 01

This looks like the best Eva figure so far, I wish I had the space, or was a slightly bigger fan to get one.

Yes. I enjoyed the philosophical dialog that many think is crazy. It is not crazy at all. I liked that they used sephirot in the End of Evangelion, as they were present all along.

I also enjoy Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. series the most. The movies never got me interested, they are visually pleasant, but not as fun as the series. I also actually like the new Netflix series (everything but Motoko redesign).

I hated the last two episodes of the original show myself. And those movies were also super vague aswell. I feel like an abused wife of this series for sure hahah

For me I wish there was more Oshii ghost in the shell. That original movie is very special to me.

I?m also very surprised no ones made a more manga faithful anime. Stylistically and it?s comedic aspects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DYNACTION Eva 01 just arrived.

Dear god, it's BIG.

Where the hell am I gonna put this thing??

This Dynaction toy is just insane. It's so big. And it's not just hollow plastic/rotocast like I imagined it would be...it's got diecast in there. It's hefty!

It's actually just unreal to get something this nice and this BIG in the Japanese collectibles market for a relatively "reasonable" price. Yeah, it was about $150 or so, but honestly, compare that to just about anything else and it's almost a bargain. Masterpiece Transformers the size of this dude's shin cost that much!

There seem to be plenty to go around on amazon japan at the moment, but I wonder if this will go up in value once it sells through. Look at how expensive those Medicoms were, which were smaller, and also used rubber which is guaranteed to deteriorate. I really think this is the best bang for your buck we've ever had for an Evangelion toy!

Mine has just been standing in a neutral pose since I opened it, and it's just imposing as hell on the shelf. I'm gonna mess around with it more this weekend and try out the option parts.

If you're at all on the fence about getting one, I say grab one now, just in case it does sell out and costs triple about a year from now!

Speaking of RAH, I think this is new to the thread. I myself am a devotee of the 1995 series and End of Evangelion and haven't been following the films, so I may blunder a little, but the RAH figures catch so beautifully the rather unsettling quality of the EVAs in a way that I don't purely personally think even the grandeur of the Dynaction figure does - of course, it might not be necessary to put this into spoilers, but just in case
Spoiler Spoiler:

Medicom are releasing a new edition of the RAH EVA-01 and EVA-13 for 'Evangelion 3.0 - You Can (Not) Redo - cf. Hobby.jp. I am not familiar with EVA-13 or the Spear of Cassius.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I find it interesting that EVA-13's second set of arms seems to come in both an unarticulated and an articulated form, as well as the new Spear, which from a brief glance appeared in the 2.0 film, which seems to imply an increase in accessories. I am slightly hopeful we might see my beloved EVA-00 released with the pylons made optional to allow a closer correspondence to 1995-7, and perhaps a release of the difficult to obtain (in a satisfactory condition) 1/6 Children.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10770762

10770762b.jpg

Yeah, I kind of miss the old 1995 designs as well. But it's like Star Wars after the special editions...it's like those don't even exist anymore. I'm so used to seeing Eva 01 with the extra green stripes that it looks odd to me to see it without now.

I also LOVE End of Evangelion. I really enjoyed 2.0 and 3.0+1.0 of the new series...they were really well animated and exciting, but man...nothing comes close to the sheer horror and balls to the wall madness of EOE.

I'd love to see Eva 02 in the End of Evangelion re-design in a high quality modern figure.

And the "bad guys." Eva 13 is the "big bad" in the final Rebuild movie....but it's kind of boring. It's just Eva 01 with an extra set of arms. The Eva Mass Production Series from EOE? Jeez those things were downright terrifying. With their grotesque whale like faces/mouths, and the way they flocked like crows or vultures eating carrion. Those were nightmare fuel. I'd love to see one of those in a high quality figure as well, but just like the original designs, they've long since been abandoned. I don't think they've had any merch of any kind in over 15 years.

I'm still really enjoying the Dynaction figure...so much bang for the buck. It can get into some pretty unsettling poses that resemble the true nature of Evas. I like the opening jaw gimmick but I really wish it had an alternate head with those horrible demonic all red eyes for the true Berserker look.

Actually, I really love the "Awakening" look that only appeared for a few minutes at the end of 2.0 where all the green bits start glowing red. There have been plenty of toys made of that scene specific look. I'd be awfully tempted to get another Dynaction if they did that specific color.

If you haven't seen the Rebuild movies...I can't recommend 2.0 enough. It goes in totally different directions than the original series. 1.0 is OK but it's just a shot for shot remake of the first several episodes with better animation. It's nice I guess, but pointless. Just watch 2. 3.0 really sucks in my opinion and has almost zero re-watch value. But I did see 3.0+1.0 and it was a decent way to end things.....this time.

End of Evangelion is still the best....what a trip that movie is.

PS.....mafex is also putting out a new Eva 01 and Eva 13 based on the new film, with their lances. But mafex being mafex, don't expect to see them til say....2023....

I just came across this on amazon japan and thought it was adorable:

51e9J3ON0pS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm not gonna buy it cause it's like $80, but one of the things I liked about the movie was seeing (Tentative) Rei learning to be human, but she clearly wasn't quite getting it cause she was still wearing her plugsuit underneath her farming outfit.

(I know, maybe she needed to stay in the plugsuit to survive, but still, she looked so awkward with those boots and hat and gloves over the plugsuit trying to plant rice...I really liked that!)

Overall I still think it was a rather lackluster and unnecessary movie, and the "happy" ending really rubbed me the wrong way. I still revisit End of Evangelion all the time but I have very little desire to ever rewatch the "Rebuild" movies with the exception of Part 2.

Mari the Mary Sue really spoiled the ending of the new movies for me....well that and the completely lousy and forgettable third movie.

Glad to see the original Evangelion finally available on bluray with English subs for the first time, but I won't pull the trigger on that either cause the discs won't play in my Japanese player. Oh well...maybe I can pick up the set when it's cheaper and buy a non-region locked player too.

Back