Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT's should take notes, either way I'm interested in it's mobility, I hope it's good enough, if it does, Imma be broke by 2011.

I don't know, I don't want to speculate too much, but it looks like the fingers might be poseable; the left and right are, after all, indifferent poses in the pictures.

These master sculpt proto pictures were taken a month ago, & according to Bill on his chinese tweet, is not poseable yet but will be subject to further development by the production team to hopefully achieve what he envisions.

And listen to fans jump up and down like kids in a candyshop! EB sure know how to drum up some hype, that's for sure! :lol

I'm a bit more reserved about this - it's looking impressive for sure, but it's by no means guaranteed that EB can carry through this awesomeness into production (yes, I'm still a bit burned by Ip Man being the good - but not brilliant - figure that was promised in the proto pics).

If EB do pull it off, I'm seriously going to have to reassess my love for DX04. Maybe I'll have to find a way of affording both.

My ETD A and Fist of Fury looks just as good as the prototype,but i do know what people mean about the final product might not be as good as the proto sometimes,IP MAN is one example,same goes for some of Hot Toys' figures,so why bring this up in a Enterbay thread.

These master sculpt proto pictures were taken a month ago, & according to Bill on his chinese tweet, is not poseable yet but will be subject to further development by the production team to hopefully achieve what he envisions.

I hope he can pull it off. :pray::pray::pray:

Hot Toys' protos are more often than not closer than EB's protos. EB likes to show what their artists are capable of more than showing what their production is capable of. HT has often IMPROVED from their protos, the same can't be said for EB.

EB's misleadings:

Dragon Ball, Ip Man, a few Bruce's, Godfather, to name a few.... which is a lot considering they haven't put out that much in comparison to HT.

Okay, that should put an end to speculation that it's a full body rubber suit. Totally unrealistic (and impractical) expectations here. Thanks for the info, aeumuse.

Hot Toys' protos are more often than not closer than EB's protos. EB likes to show what their artists are capable of more than showing what their production is capable of. HT has often IMPROVED from their protos, the same can't be said for EB.

EB's misleadings:

Dragon Ball, Ip Man, a few Bruce's, Godfather, to name a few.... which is a lot considering they haven't put out that much in comparison to HT.

Dragon Ball and Ip Man maybe, but I have yet to see a final production Bruce figure look any different compared to the prototype. The Godfather figure looked pretty close to the proto also.

Also, it should be noted that the YJ Bruce figure on the first post of this thread doesn't look like it's a finished proto to begin with, so expecting the final product to look exactly like it is unrealistic.

EB's misleadings:

I agree with IP Man,not paid much attention to Dragonball but the Bruce Lee's has definitely not been any worse that is worth mentioning.Sure a few of them was not as good looking as the Prototype,in the same way that no HT figure is just as good as the Proto,heck...Even the incredible terminator 2 figures is not as good looking as the proto,the Proto is always a step ahead on quality.

I guess people will always remember what's happened recently, and EB did have a bit of a miss with Ip Man. I don't want to make a big deal out of it, I love having the figure on my shelf. But I was a little deflated when I got it in hand, as for months I'd been anticipating something so much better. EB have raised people's expectations enormously with these awesome pics... great for getting the hype going, but risky in terms of how people will react if - if - the end product falls short.

I don't think anyone's wishing for anything other than a great figure from EB - nobody wants to see them fail. I'm not HT fanboy, I'm an awesome figure fanboy, whoever is making it.

Wow...this looks fantastic. I'll hold off on getting too excited though until we're shown something that actually has the logistics worked into it.

like wat others had said, i dont care if the articulation is limited, i will pose it in the exact same pose as in the pic, it just looks soooo good!

This is simply amazing. It looks like a wax figure lol. I wonder how much it will cost? Does anyone have any ideas?

I guess people will always remember what's happened recently, and EB did have a bit of a miss with Ip Man. I don't want to make a big deal out of it, I love having the figure on my shelf. But I was a little deflated when I got it in hand, as for months I'd been anticipating something so much better. EB have raised people's expectations enormously with these awesome pics... great for getting the hype going, but risky in terms of how people will react if - if - the end product falls short.

I don't think anyone's wishing for anything other than a great figure from EB - nobody wants to see them fail. I'm not HT fanboy, I'm an awesome figure fanboy, whoever is making it.
Great posting

Everyone who said Enterbay was finished with Arnie Kim leaving, please raise your hand so we can make fun of you.

Everyone who said Enterbay was finished with Arnie Kim leaving, please raise your hand so we can make fun of you.

I think a few dozen hands just raised at Hot Toys headquarters, but I think they're just doing it to give you the middle finger.

Back