Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man! Long time no speak :clap , I reverted to lurking on this forum ever since they revamped the site. How much did your Enterbay/Subway Bauer go for if you don't mind me asking? I'm not really too sure on his value these days, especially when it's so hard to find them now. I paid £230 for him if I remember rightly and I just want my money back really so wacked him on ebay at best offer from £287 as people tend to give stupid offers

It would appear that I sold mine for $210 shipped, possibly lower. $210 could have been what I listed it at and I may have come down from that. I sold it on SSF, on ebay I'd have looked for more probably - but I'm an ebay selling virgin.

Long time no speak indeed. I never went away, although I post less than I used to. Mainly I'm in the NECA threads

This is random. I purchased this EB figure from eBay, & compared it to the one I already owned (which I purchased from the online store Amiami some time ago), & the one from eBay was a different colour (both sculpts & necks), different paint, & was quite a bit better in the likeness area. I know there might be differences with hand painted collectibles, but it seems kinda silly for them to look so different, for being the same figure.

I was already excited with the one I already owned, but the one from eBay makes me see it differently now. Could one of them be fake? It would be strange if the one I got from Amiami was fake. Maybe these were released, then rereleased at a later date, that might explain the differences?

I took some pics of the sculpts together, but you might not see it through my pics.

UwGqyWN.jpg

XBz7rDB.jpg

One quick way you can tell, the originals had glass eyes. Does one of yours look like the eyes are hand painted. The one to my right as I look at it looks to have painted eyes, whereas the one on the left looks to have glass ones. I have an original sculpt too, yet mine doesn't look as healthy as yours do. Mine has a very ashen grey hue to it when you look at it in hand, but it looks ok in pics.

Looks like the right hand of the two to me. I'd be inclined to think that yours are both authentic.

I don't recall hearing anything about bootleg versions of this figure. . .or of a re-release, for that matter. But something factories adjust things, and have "running changes" during production that can lead to minor variations such as that.

Yeah, it might be something in house, where changes might have been made. I double up on some figures I like, but have never seen a change like this. Not to a point where one sculpt suddenly looks more like the actor than the other. The eBay figure on the left, is definitely superior. Whereas the one on the right that I owned before, has lost a bit of it's likeness.
One quick way you can tell, the originals had glass eyes.
I did not know this. I might check them again later. Maybe with a magnifying glass to get a closer look. Although, I'm not sure how to check, but I'll see what I find. Cheers.

Even with Hot Toys? Well, that's kinda sad. Slight skin tone variation, I don't mind too much. But if likeness suffers on one, but not the other, then it's sad to be one who get's the inferior version, knowing the other exists.

I don't recall hearing anything about bootleg versions of this figure. . .or of a re-release, for that matter. But something factories adjust things, and have "running changes" during production that can lead to minor variations such as that.

The full figure wasn't bootlegged, but, the head was several times, some were good, some were bad. I'm actually using a bootleg on mine as I wasn't happy with the colouring on the original.

Yeah, it might be something in house, where changes might have been made. I double up on some figures I like, but have never seen a change like this. Not to a point where one sculpt suddenly looks more like the actor than the other. The eBay figure on the left, is definitely superior. Whereas the one on the right that I owned before, has lost a bit of it's likeness.

I did not know this. I might check them again later. Maybe with a magnifying glass to get a closer look. Although, I'm not sure how to check, but I'll see what I find. Cheers.

On looking at them again, I don't think the variations are all that major. No two production line figures are ever going to be entirely identical. The 24 figures were the only ones I know of that had glass eyes, all the other Enterbay eyes were plastic as far as I know.

I realise there might differences, but with my 2, they look so different. Not because of the colour difference, it's the likeness that throws me off.
The full figure wasn't bootlegged, but, the head was several times, some were good, some were bad. I'm actually using a bootleg on mine as I wasn't happy with the colouring on the original.
Hang on, you find the bootleg better? Hmmm, I wonder if that's what's happening to me.

For my purposes, yes,

The bootleg looked older and it matched the skintone of the newer Enterbay body I had, he's wearing the Subway gear which was from a much later season than the Enterbay was.

Right, I was referring to a full figure, as we saw with the Hot Toys Origins Wolverine. Sadly, not many figures go without getting bootleg recasts made of their sculpts nowadays.

For my purposes, yes,

The bootleg looked older and it matched the skintone of the newer Enterbay body I had, he's wearing the Subway gear which was from a much later season than the Enterbay was.
I purchased a couple of Medicom figures, & wanted to use the clothing for a different look for Bauer. I was looking for the Subway clothing this week on eBay as well, but didn't find it at a good price. I know somebody posted a cool pic of the EB sculpt with the Subway clothing some time ago. Looked cool.

Yeah, it does look good. Subway also did a Will Smith figure from I Am Legend, what that gives you is a jacket from Live Another Day that will fit the EB Jack. I've often thought about getting one for mine.

Nice suggestion about the Will Smith jacket. Might look into that as well.

So, I took a video of my sculpts next to each other, & even then, I'm not sure anyone other than me can tell the difference. I think the one I owned before, might have a thinner forehead, which make his cheeks seem to pop out more, making him look a tiny bit more chubby. Anyway, here it is. Jack Bauer, & almost Jack Bauer :lol

Also, I so couldn't tell if either had glass eyes :lol

They both look legit to me, the eyes on both look the same. On production line heads, no two will ever be the same anyway. Were both figures MIB?

They both look legit to me, the eyes on both look the same. On production line heads, no two will ever be the same anyway. Were both figures MIB?
Both were used. One used from Amiami, & one used from eBay.

I guess I shouldn't fret too much over it. I'll keep searching for some outfits to try out.

Cheers.

Apart from a slight paint rub on the nose that needs fixing, I'm happy with mine now:banana

IMG_3903.jpgIMG_3904.jpgIMG_3905.jpgIMG_3906.jpg

Back