Elvis1976 & Friends NYC Custom Figure Show. Saturday or Sunday?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELVIS1976 & FRIENDS NYC CUSTOM FIGURE SHOW. SATURDAY OR SUNDAY?

• Saturday, October 11, 2014

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sunday, October 12, 2014

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

MisterToyNYC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings:

For awhile I've been considering holding the "Elvis1976 & Friends NYC Custom Figure Show" on Saturday, October 11th and Sunday, October 12th. The reason for these dates was to coincide with the NY Comicon.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to have the show on both dates, so I must choose one. At first I was thinking Saturday afternoon would be best, thinking this would give Comicon attendees an opportunities to attend both events. It was brought to my attention that Sunday would be best day, since Saturday is the busiest day for most Comicon events. (Note: Our show is not affiliated with the NYCC, but I do plan to advertise at the Comicon and hope that many Comicon goers will want to see our show as well.)

So I feel that Sunday, October 12th is the best date, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

Which date do you think would be best for this show? Saturday, October 11th or Sunday, October 12th?

Thanks.
Eric

Last edited:
Definitely Sunday, October 12th for me, Sunday is just an easier day for a lot of people id assume, not much else is going on so its perfect.

I would recommend you don't hold your show on Comic Con weekend at all.
Most people tend to stay at Comic Con till the bitter end on both days.
Plus people are usually either broke after Comic Con on Saturday or Saving all their money to snag the best deals at the end of Sunday's show.

Superbowl is in Jan./Feb. I believe and I voted.

Thanks brother :)

I would recommend you don't hold your show on Comic Con weekend at all.
Most people tend to stay at Comic Con till the bitter end on both days.
Plus people are usually either broke after Comic Con on Saturday or Saving all their money to snag the best deals at the end of Sunday's show.

I understand, but I'm looking to take advantage of those who flew in from out of state or out of the country for Comicon. They're already hear, why not catch both shows? I've gotten a few people tell me that they're coming from far away and can't come in twice.

Yes, the die-hard Comicon goer will want to stay until the end. Not everyone does. Personally, I go every year (only on Saturdays), spend a few hours there seeing the cosplayers, maybe buying some stuff and then I'm done. Most of the major events are held on Saturday. I'm figuring if I hold my show in the afternoon on a Sunday, I can get the Con goers who want to do both.

If it's a show like Toy Fair where it's just you and other Customizers showcasing your work, then it's a Great idea.
But if the show is a show where people are selling their work, then it's a bad idea.
People are just always broke after Sunday's show.
And any good Custom piece nowadays are $500.00 and up. There's not gonna be many people left with that kind of money to purchase a One of a Kind Custom.
I'm in NY and would personally Love to go to see a Custom Show but I work a Dealer's table and by the time we wrap everything up, it's like 7PM on Sunday.

If it's a show like Toy Fair where it's just you and other Customizers showcasing your work, then it's a Great idea.
But if the show is a show where people are selling their work, then it's a bad idea.
People are just always broke after Sunday's show.
And any good Custom piece nowadays are $500.00 and up. There's not gonna be many people left with that kind of money to purchase a One of a Kind Custom.
I'm in NY and would personally Love to go to see a Custom Show but I work a Dealer's table and by the time we wrap everything up, it's like 7PM on Sunday.

It's mainaly an art show. Most pieces won't be for sale although I can tell you that people who will be there to purchase will have the money ready. They are planning way before just to buy some pieces there.
I already have a few order just for the show. With the pieces show it isn't the kind of show where you buy random pieces like at comicon.

It's mainaly an art show. Most pieces won't be for sale although I can tell you that people who will be there to purchase will have the money ready. They are planning way before just to buy some pieces there.
I already have a few order just for the show. With the pieces show it isn't the kind of show where you buy random pieces like at comicon.

Exactly. It's not the kind of show where people rent a table and try to get rid of their backstock. The show is designed as an art show. And as Seb said, although not all pieces are for sale (some are), some attendees have already pre-ordered pieces. I, for one, always offer my pieces for sale. I believe Zebraten does as well.

Elvis. When are you guys going to comic con?

I don't believe we were going to Comicon. Where we, Seb?

Eric

Back