Dune 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being a fan, and not liking the book much......

It looks kinda boring .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing will ever beat TNG for the quality of storytelling and the chemistry that cast had. It's timeless.

I had not watched TNG in about 10 years (in that time I had watched TOS, DS9). And I wondered if they were better than TNG, which I watched alot when I was younger.

Re-watching TNG this last few weeks, and wow, it is def. the best Star Trek, and arguably the greatest Sci-fi show. I forgot how good the scripts were, and for every meh-episode, it was followed by 4-5 classics.

TNG never fails to keep my interest when I'm TV browsing. If I find it on I'm always initially curious what episode it is and then, no matter what point it's at, I always want to see how it resolves.

I loved TNG -- particularly after the first season, but it's been many years since I've watched it.

Star Trek and Dune are two wildly different universes. Not sure there's a real comparison there...

I didn't even check to see why it was brought up :lol

The Patrick Stewart connection?

No reason. I just like to rattle the cage.

XFOT368.jpg

I've never made it past 10 minutes of TNG. TOS is the best and only Trek for me. I don't have time for the rest, and I find them rather tiring, truth be told. Besides that, I'm firmly in the Kirk camp.

89abe98de6071178edb1b28901a8f459.jpg

i like Next Generation but for me Kirk and original crew are the best. They started the phenomanon and for me I love the big 3 in it.

I've never made it past 10 minutes of TNG. TOS is the best and only Trek for me. I don't have time for the rest, and I find them rather tiring, truth be told. Besides that, I'm firmly in the Kirk camp.

To be fair, TNG had a slow start, but it got really good in the second and third season.

I like Kirk too. He' more of a man of action. Picard is a better diplomat and can win with words. Both were great leaders.

To be fair, TNG had a slow start, but it got really good in the second and third season.

I like Kirk too. He' more of a man of action. Picard is a better diplomat and can win with words. Both were great leaders.

I tried TNG, but like I said, the first 10 minutes were so obnoxious that I had to turn it off. I think it's a bit a product of its time. In a way it felt even cheaper than TOS. And I don't know, maybe it gets better after 35 episodes or whatever, but I'm not making the sacrifice. Honestly, I'm not wasting 100 hours on a genre show. Especially Trek, which never grabbed me past the core idea of space exploration. TOS I liked, everything else... Eh. From what I've read/heard/seen bits of, DS9 and Sisko would appeal to me, but like I said, I'm not pouring all that time on genre fiction tv. Not anymore, at least. Trek just never really sat well with me is all. Its brand and characteristics.

I tried TNG, but like I said, the first 10 minutes were so obnoxious that I had to turn it off. I think it's a bit a product of its time. In a way it felt even cheaper than TOS. And I don't know, maybe it gets better after 35 episodes or whatever, but I'm not making the sacrifice. Honestly, I'm not wasting 100 hours on a genre show. Especially Trek, which never grabbed me past the core idea of space exploration. TOS I liked, everything else... Eh. From what I've read/heard/seen bits of, DS9 and Sisko would appeal to me, but like I said, I'm not pouring all that time on genre fiction tv. Not anymore, at least. Trek just never really sat well with me is all. Its brand and characteristics.

I really want to like Dune. I don't know if I should watch the original or wait for the new film to go in knowing as little as possible. I'm sure the film will bomb, so I hope the story doesnt feel incomplete.

I really want to like Dune. I don't know if I should watch the original or wait for the new film to go in knowing as little as possible. I'm sure the film will bomb, so I hope the story doesnt feel incomplete.

You could always read the book. And the Lynch movie is an interesting trip. There's some fan cut out there somewhere if you can find it.

I never really sparked to classic Shatner Trek (despite having an obsessed roommate in college and therefore seeing a lot of snippets and part episodes) or anything later Trek (possibly because I worked on ST TNG for a short while during college) but Netflix got the whole series and I watched the first couple of eps and was surprised to quite like it. I even watched the pilot that didn't have Shatner.

TNG is far better than TOS, but I still like TOS a lot. The sci-fi themes are above and beyond almost any other show....time travel, artificial intelligence...TNG takes TOS and improves on it with even better writing. But I understand you watched 10 minutes of a bad episode likely, so that is going to shade your opinion .

I have a friend who has only saw the first half the Incredible Hulk movie with Edward Norton, and has never watched another MCU movie. I was like just watch Iron Man, but he won't do it, thinks all marvel makes crap movies. Man loves movies, but he makes me crazy having watched arguably the worst MCU movie and therefor skipping the rest.

Back