Dune (2020) by Dennis Villeneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read something about Dune's release in the US and China and that the forecasts for visitor numbers aren't really good. Also there appears to be an HD leak of the film to be available online, so that might harm the numbers as well.

I really hope it will do well enough for the sequel to be greenlit, but I'm becoming sceptical. :(

Also there appears to be an HD leak of the film to be available online, so that might harm the numbers as well.
Yep, it's out there. You can usually find HD copies of most films a day or so after release.

Only when film releases return exclusively to cinemas will we see true box office numbers.

Going to see Monday.

BR2049 is one of my favorite films of the past decade….to me its a masterpiece in just about every way. I do not think most people understand the comllexity of the story….there is way more to that film than most viewers understand.

DUNE , which I just re read, is a fantatic book, BUT I think nearly impossible to get right on film.

The may make a good film from it, inspired by DUNE, but with only one film, they wont be able to tell ebough of the story detail or world.

Going to see Monday.

BR2049 is one of my favorite films of the past decade….to me its a masterpiece in just about every way. I do not think most people understand the comllexity of the story….there is way more to that film than most viewers understand.

DUNE , which I just re read, is a fantatic book, BUT I think nearly impossible to get right on film.

The may make a good film from it, inspired by DUNE, but with only one film, they wont be able to tell ebough of the story detail or world.
If you loved BR2049 and have read DUNE, you'll love Villeneuve's movie. The translation is extremely good imo.

You do know the DUNE released now is called DUNE Part 1 right ??

P.S I'm sure it won't be a huge cinematic box office, much like BR2049 wasn't. Actually made even worse by the studio to push to HBOMax.

There's just not enough intellectual people out there who like that sort of movie unfortunately. If it's not a simple to follow Marvel movie with action and defeating the bad guy at then end, then it's crap.

2049 is one of my favorite films of the past decade….to me its a masterpiece in just about every way. I do not think most people understand the comllexity of the story….there is way more to that film than most viewers understand.
Same here. It's a brilliant film on every level. One of the best sequels ever made. I actually like it better than the original. :monkey1 :chase

predator-schwarzenegger.gif

Movie is amazing. Great performances. Phenomenal production design. Even at almost 2-1/2 hours it went by fast. I wonder if there’s a directors cut that adds in another 30 minutes or so. Some of the dialogue from the trailers weren’t in the final cut, which isn’t uncommon. All of the major beats are covered, but would have liked to have seen more of the Harkonnans and I wonder if they ever shot the dinner party scene. If HBO doesn’t greenlight part 2, folks will lose their minds.

So this was the mighty DUNE!

Never read the book.

Never watched the crappy Lynch movie.

Never watched the miniseries.

If took this long in my life for me to finally experience DUNE!

What a piece of fluff!

So where was the deep and sophisticated political intrigue?

It was as shallow as a 3rd grade coloring book.

The fights were boring as hell!

The only thing I liked were the witches.

Javier was sleep walking thru this.

The Fremen story was boring.

Mando worm > Dune worm

That holy war vision was super lame.

Dave Bautista didn’t do anything.

I’m DONE with DUNE. (Not really i’ll still watch part 2 just to see his transformation into a god).

Thank the maker I didn’t go to the theater for this.

Give me my WWH movie lol

Last edited:

So this was the mighty DUNE!

Never read the book.

Never watched the crappy Lynch movie.

Never watched the miniseries.

If took this long in my life for me to finally experience DUNE!

What a piece of fluff!

So where was the deep and sophisticated political intrigue?

It was as shallow as a 3rd grade coloring book.

The fights were boring as hell!

The only thing I liked were the witches.

Javier was sleep walking thru this.

The Fremen story was boring.

Mando worm > Dune worm

That holy war vision was super lame.

Dave Bautista didn’t do anything.

I’m DONE with DUNE. (Not really i’ll still watch part 2 just to see his transformation into a god).

Thank the maker I didn’t go to the theater for this.

Give me my WWH movie lol

G- Zeus. I will avoid this thread until Saturday.

Alec Baldwin just killed someone with a prop gun.

:LOL: He was great in Miami Blues.

Back