DST: Lord of the Rings 6? action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I compare what they put out as of right now, there's a ToyBiz counterpart that's better. Which, as Henz said, basically shows how ahead ToyBiz was and how behind Diamond is. Which is odd, because sometimes something great slips through with them. But generally, expect a figure that feels like it was from 10 years ago.

It certainly is amazing how ahead and innovative ToyBiz was back then. I am still shocked looking at the old figures online.

We were absolutely spoiled by Toy Biz in hindsight. I'd say a decent chunk of their output holds up today, 20 years later. And what a run that line was, crazy depth of characters, and the larger figures too. Regardless, we have come some way since, and could be getting improved versions of the core characters. DST are not it, not for me at least.

Production Sauron pics look pretty good.
DDE81E3F-3844-47FC-B2F2-171E8CE576F4.png
CF248E67-5D4A-4433-AAE2-2714B9AB548A.png

Can’t help it, I’m deep in the line now! So far I only have Legolas, Gimli and the SDCC Gollum Invisible Frodo 2 pack but I also have the other waves on preorder. This little package is so fun, I barely even want to open it!
0BCB767F-9FDD-4529-AA59-56AA68290806.jpeg
9B271842-8F3B-4B9B-BC06-BC33C3F8B8B1.jpeg
DF16F984-3648-4711-9518-C9D45445314C.jpeg
6244408E-32B1-45DD-92E9-BFCEA5F725AF.jpeg

I am likely the DST line too. I wish they included the missing accessories and somehow gave Gollum his hair but overall I am all in. I am glad the the regular release Gollum will have Legolas’ knives with him.

Seeing Gimli in hand at my local Forbidden Planet looks really good, but Legolas made me feel sick, no double joint elbows and that harsh face sculpt, had to ram it back on the shelf immediately.

Also Gollums knees are single joint, insanity

Anyway until i see Merry, Pippin and Sam im not biting.

They showed Boromir and Lurtz. I believe they are hoping to have them up for preorder in September. I have also heard on another board that they are going to complete the fellowship and had additional characters in mind after that.

Back