DST: Lord of the Rings 6? action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm never a fan of super noticeable ab crunch like that! I find it too distracting to the look of the figure. I would have a handful of other figures in my collection if not for ab crunch seams like the one Legolas has in this line.
Totally agree, I'm really courious to know the opinion in the community because it's something that some companies keep doing and In my opinion does really litlle poseability wise and like you said is distracting and kind of ruins the look of the figure(excep a few that are able to fit it organically). Wonder if they are too deep to change it or if all of them will have it(if that's the case I'm definitely out)

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Wave 2 Frodo and the Nazgul are up for preorder at BBTS with an April release. Legolas and Gimli are due this month according to them but I haven't seen any in hand pictures of them yet so I'm guessing they may slip to next month. Anxious to see how they turn out.

I just looked at my BBTS preorders and saw this is set for January. I really hope so, I know there's COVID delays obviously, but they've only put up 2 other figures for preorder in this 'line' so far and it's going to be 2023 before we complete Sauron at this rate.

I just looked at my BBTS preorders and saw this is set for January. I really hope so, I know there's COVID delays obviously, but they've only put up 2 other figures for preorder in this 'line' so far and it's going to be 2023 before we complete Sauron at this rate.

I know what you mean and at this rate watch their license will expire before they complete half of the fellowship.

What's amazing to me is, Toy Biz back in 2001 was able to produce ALL NEW action figures from an ALL NEW film. In under a year they gave people,

Frodo
Strider
Legolas
Witchking
Newborn Lurtz

Gandalf
Sam
Gimli
Saruman
Orc Overseer

Boromir/Lurtz
Merry, Pippin/Moria Orc

Electronic Cave Troll
Uruk-Hai

Arwen/Frodo w/ Horse
Ringwraith w/ Horse

20 unique characters, 2 horses with 20+ unique sculpts along with pretty substantial diorama pieces, electronics, etc. All that product in less than a year with MINIMAL reference material

vs.

20 years of reference material and behind the scenes references and they can't even get a Gimli and Legolas out in a year. Truly baffling, even with COVID. Why a wave of just two figures?

The Toy Biz LOTR toy line was incredible they went so deep with the character selection and put out so many figures. At one time I had the entire line and massive armies. I don’t know if any other movie property except Star Wars that has gone this deep.

What's amazing to me is, Toy Biz back in 2001 was able to produce ALL NEW action figures from an ALL NEW film. In under a year they gave people,

Frodo
Strider
Legolas
Witchking
Newborn Lurtz

Gandalf
Sam
Gimli
Saruman
Orc Overseer

Boromir/Lurtz
Merry, Pippin/Moria Orc

Electronic Cave Troll
Uruk-Hai

Arwen/Frodo w/ Horse
Ringwraith w/ Horse

20 unique characters, 2 horses with 20+ unique sculpts along with pretty substantial diorama pieces, electronics, etc. All that product in less than a year with MINIMAL reference material

vs.

20 years of reference material and behind the scenes references and they can't even get a Gimli and Legolas out in a year. Truly baffling, even with COVID. Why a wave of just two figures?

Its not 2001, Lord of the Rings isn't a big phenomenon any more so they're not going to sell a well as the Toy Biz figures, nor are they going to be on the shelves at every toy story like the Toy Biz ones were. They're clearly testing the waters with these, hardly unreasonable given that it's a franchise that's been out of the mainstream consciousness for 15 years.

The Toy Biz LOTR toy line was incredible they went so deep with the character selection and put out so many figures. At one time I had the entire line and massive armies. I don?t know if any other movie property except Star Wars that has gone this deep.

Agreed!!
The Toybiz line was huge for its time.
The SW Kenner line will always be king,but this line is definitely 2nd.
I nearly had them all too but passed on the redos or similar looks for the main characters.
I still have the translucent Frodo and Dark Galadrial moc.

Toy biz was really incredible the detail on those figures was amazing the accessories the packaging, not only main characters but minor characters too then villains then the trolls the huge treebeard talking figure I still have.. the two packs, horses, fell beast, the box sets.... then the hobbit films came out and we got some pisspoor legolas and bilbo the Gandalf has zero articulation in comparison to toy biz it was an insult and an embarrassment.

Its not 2001, Lord of the Rings isn't a big phenomenon any more so they're not going to sell a well as the Toy Biz figures, nor are they going to be on the shelves at every toy story like the Toy Biz ones were. They're clearly testing the waters with these, hardly unreasonable given that it's a franchise that's been out of the mainstream consciousness for 15 years.

How about Asmus? They’re able to produce intricately detailed figures with tailored clothing. Their output is a handful of figures a year.

There should be ATLEAST production sample pics of Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, and the Ringwraith. We don’t even know what accessories or Sauron parts the figures come with. It’s ridiculous.

How about Asmus? They’re able to produce intricately detailed figures with tailored clothing. Their output is a handful of figures a year.

There should be ATLEAST production sample pics of Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, and the Ringwraith. We don’t even know what accessories or Sauron parts the figures come with. It’s ridiculous.

1/6 figures are a completely different market form what DST is doing. LOTR is Asmus' main focus, for DST it's probably Star Wars and Marvel. It's not unreasonable to assume Covid has slowed down the production process significantly, if they can only produce so many figures a year because of it it would make sense to focus on pumping out Boba Fetts and Darth Mauls, which are going to sell a lot more than Gimli will. These figures will come eventually.

676DE6A0-0D50-4FB9-8C0A-8072880CB436.jpeg
4EDC7231-A02C-4866-BDAA-EF9BCE6D365F.jpeg

I am liking that Gimli right there. Was quite fond of my old Toybiz version in that huge box. However, I know getting him will make me want more of them. :dunno

Gimli looks good, Legolas not so much, anyway I'm not getting in this line atm

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

0D1AB15B-2F3C-4D4D-8CE8-81541F549B07.jpeg

Throw in some Uruk Hai and I'll bite.

2E24EB4A-98DC-4B4F-93C7-85FCCC570C5C.jpeg

Disappointed that the final mass produced product came out looking flat and boring compared to the prototypes, but nothing custom paint can’t fix. However, they did drop ALOT of the articulation that was originally there on the protos. All the double joints are gone. Also a bummer that they dropped the Lothlorien cloaks that were shown last year at Toy Fair. I also don’t think they’re better or more detailed than say, Toy Biz Helms Deep Legolas or Amon Hen Gimli.

**** it though, I’ll support it and build Sauron. I just hope they actually atleast complete the waves to actually MAKE Sauron.

If I can get a really nice Moria Orc, Amon Hen Uruk Hai/Lurtz and some decent Helms Deep swordsman Uruk Hai, I’ll be happy. They’re at a decent start with this guy,

F8382872-1BC6-4D8D-BAA4-86224D729409.jpeg

E5815CE3-D8AB-4A64-999F-E91242C042B6.jpeg

Back