**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I presume I'm not alone in immediately thinking ''Dr Steven Seagal''. The first pic even has the squint.
Indeed. Trying to find a pic of Seagal but nothing is really spot on with the hair. I hope this movie is as interesting/intriguing as I hope it will be. The Batman and DS: MoM is all I need to deliver for me this year.

Guys, is this Tom Cruise as Iron Man pic/meme going around in any way related to reality, or is it just a meme cause he said he was gonna play Iron Man for like 10 years before RD Jr finally did. Just wondering.
After Stewart Xavier, it's the most likely of the rumors. Its been circling for a long while now, so who knows. Cruise wanted an open facemask back in the day, and with the Superior armour, they can do that.

36-362727_m.jpg

The problem is that he's always disliked his likeness being used for toys, so it's kinda hard to buy it that he'd show up as a superhero. Then again he's gotten older. Maybe he thought it'd be a fun idea to do a cameo in power armour and get the people talking.

I have to say, the ponytail kinda ruins it for me. I'd still buy an HT dolly, but it takes some getting use to. I really like the costume though. This is the Strange I'd use for my Illuminati display, unless we get a DS3 with a huge colalred cape or something. The proper Strange I'd keep in my sorcerer shelf.

Indeed. Trying to find a pic of Seagal but nothing is really spot on with the hair. I hope this movie is as interesting/intriguing as I hope it will be. The Batman and DS: MoM is all I need to deliver for me this year.
Same. As far as CBMs go, those two are my most anticipated ones. I do hope they live up to the hype. I'll be dissapointed if after all the rumours the Illuminati end up being Bruce Cambpell doing a cameo as Balder, Peggy Carter and Monica Rambeau like in the leaks from months ago.

Is this Defender Strange look more like some type of Asian kung fu thing? Wondering if it is just an interesting design or actually inspired by something.

Is this Defender Strange look more like some type of Asian kung fu thing? Wondering if it is just an interesting design or actually inspired by something.
In the comics? Not really, just a suit upgrade. Strange lost the Sorcerer Supreme title (for the 15058689th time) and Voodoo took over for a little bit. Nobody really cared, Remender's series tanked, turned into a mini, and all people remember from it is Doom. Years later Remender brought Voodoo back in AXIS, and a short while later Zub had him **** Wanda, in a pairing that's still "ongoing" yet nobody acknowledges, and I assume was done just to spite Doom in-universe. Anyway, Strange got his title back in Bendis' New Avengers, and that was his new suit.

4300150-0663704659-new-a.jpg

He kept it for quite a bit, I think it was around 5 years. That Bendis issue came out in 2010 or 2011 and he had it up until Secret Wars and the 616 jumpstart, which gave way to the awful Aaron look.

zxjvrnpyq5n31.jpg

Around two years back he got a new suit in Waid's run, which was more Sci-Fi as he went to space to get better magic.

clean.jpg

Then he ditched it, went back to an MCU style outfit and now he's dead.

DRSDEATH2021001_P2.jpg

But his 60s self has timetraveled due to a spell to solve the murder.

Death-of-Doctor-Strange-2-Preview-Avengers.jpg

But solicits have come out, and Clea takes over as Sorcerer Supreme.

strange-1-cover-1639510055642.jpg

Marvel, killing off a character just as his movie opens; brilliant! Awful design btw. She should've kept the one from above and just added the cape and maybe changed the colours. The short hair look is the GOAT.

That's 20+ years ago. There's no merch from Edge Of Tomorrow, Oblivion, any M:Is even though they kept grossing money, and so on. The only recent merch was a Mummy Funko, that was actually cancelled and recalled.

funko-nick-morton.jpg

And I guess a Lego minifigure of Ethan Hunt from that toys-to-"life" game.

81gf7b3domL._SL1127_.jpg

But, they did make this:

mi.jpg

So, I don't know, maybe it depends and he approves one merch per 5 years or something.

That was a nice summary of Dr Strange....and Tom Cruise toy history. :lol I like the main costume Dr Strange is wearing in the trailers, but if he wears a "classic" comic style costume, I'll definitely get that figure along with regular Strange.

That was a nice summary of Dr Strange....and Tom Cruise toy history. :lol
I'm the Nostalgia Archiver. I post it, so you don't have to google it.

1948747701-the-nostalgia-critic-o.gif

Aaaaaand now that I compared myself to Doug, I need a wash...

I like the main costume Dr Strange is wearing in the trailers, but if he wears a "classic" comic style costume, I'll definitely get that figure along with regular Strange.
I doubt he'll get a more accurate costume, in this film anyhow. Still, who knows? What bothers me is something that is visible in the trailer for the first time, and that's the patched cloak. I don't want my Strange to look like ragman. We'll see, maybe it's there so that by the end Strange does get a cloak upgrade or something, closer to the comics. IIRC the patch is from the comics, with Rintrah sewing it there, but for the life of me I can't remember the run or anything else. Still, this movie is shaping up to be crazy for merch. I for one can't wait to see what they have coming out from it.

God, they really did turn him into Seagal.

steven-seagal-cheers.gif

Mordo don't know who he is ****ing with:

steven-seagal-fight.gif

steven-seagal-seagal.gif

fight-steven-seagal-like.gif

tumblr_pwyyoxuijp1uphxvgo4_500.gifv
6390f4687d39c70f5ea7ec1dc75e8668.jpg

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Kamar-Taj. I was schooled in the mystic arts. I was given the title of Sorcerer Supreme. They take a movie “Doctor Strange”. They have a 5-foot-5-inch little English guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Kamar-Taj. He doesn’t speak Kamar-Tajian. He has never cast a spell. They make him the Sorcerer Supreme. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

Source: Just to show I'm not making it up

Last edited:
I was implying that he clearly did NOT give his likeness rights to that godawful Ethan Hunt figure from the 90s. Even though it's an old crappy toy, they could still get likenesses better than that......thing.

PS.....I never liked Dr. Strange. I'm team Dr. Fate all the way.

I was implying that he clearly did NOT give his likeness rights to that godawful Ethan Hunt figure from the 90s. Even though it's an old crappy toy, they could still get likenesses better than that......thing.
Oh, I mistook that. I figure it'd have to be approved by him just to get made and it was just its age.

PS.....I never liked Dr. Strange. I'm team Dr. Fate all the way.
I7UVlDR.gif

I like Fate's look a lot, and I'll surely be buying the dolly if it's made (it helps he's being played by Pierce Brosnan) but I vastly prefer Strange purely as a character. Nabu can be a real dick, and the Chaos/Order Lords too annoying. Plus he's tied to all that JSA smarmy ******** which I have no interest in. Strange can be a **** and even a villain at times, but for me that makes him more interesting. He's the same as Reed, Stark, Doom and the such; obviously I favour him.

Plus, my man rolls up with ths crew.

1FIgP4mEagFuLgbsdKGwS14J2Y9eUgdIHvCYpsN4m-D5jRckiT4muaqyACW-S8qqKOzc1u4jGcdWFqG-RGf7vCQgcnHV36Pliz0-WvLgwBkBpTKbTvdQ-Vtekom5G0cgIbJo56XvSw=s0

I dare you to find something with Fate more based than Conan, Doom & Kang in the same picture. ...Nothing? Thought so.

lsKil0nHHNK3AgtX87CGjtT6kGm3ph8eZj3tNWmb03YgDbdqP80C1Z6bXa7K5CbOvXhXgS4QNPcHLRFzl23HSKSIEe6WV6YWm91zhhZkXS0K1uGxk2r_XbMYh9S9vqSPQFtNxzlESg=s0

Kidding aside, Fate's one of my favourite DC characters, but I'm more of a Marvel guy if we're talking investment in the wider universe. My favourite DC corner were the Lanterns, but now they're so awful I haven't bothered to even keep up. Morrison's run(s) were fine, but even they were tedious. GL unironically ended with Johns. There were some bright spots later, especially compared with the awfulness they're putting out now, but... yeah. Fate shows up in the JL Dark stuff. I'd love a small shelf of these guys, with JonCon, Swamp Thing, Zatanna & Fate, but I doubt any of them will happen. If Fate does get a figure, I'll put him with my Marvel Sorcerers and invoke the law of Doctor Strangefate.

Marvel > DC

This cannot be questioned. Minus Batman, you wouldn't even hear much from DC Comics/movies.

I dare you to find something with Fate more based than Conan, Doom & Kang in the same picture. ...Nothing? Thought so.
I was into DC more cause the Super Powers figures were SOOO much better than the Secret Wars figures. They were my gateway into the comics.

Plus, DC were "edgier" and more "adult" when I was reading in the 80s and 90s so reading them made me feel more sophisticated than my peers.

I still dug a few Marvel books...Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine.

But I was reading all the weird stuff DC put out, like this:

RCO001_1472875464.jpg

OK, Etrigan is no Conan the Barbarian, I'll give you that......but Darkseid and Orion are no slouches.

And this one was drawn by MIKE MIGNOLA.

So there.

JL Dark characters are the most interesting characters from DC for me right now. Batman milked hard over the last 15 years. Still room for a good Superman while Flash is in the trash with Ezra right now. Gal Gadot doesn't seem to deliver her lines very well IMO and I think she is overrated. Pretty model IMO.

Marvel > DC

This cannot be questioned. Minus Batman, you wouldn't even hear much from DC Comics/movies.
I'm more of a Marvel fan, as I like the general universe more. Plus I can find something to like in every little corner. I like the Cosmic stuff l'm into the FF and the GotG and the Infinity Watch and I know all the abstracts and everything. From the supernatural stuff I like the sorcerers like Strange and the edgelords like Blade. I like big names and D-Listers. From the X-Men only I can name Z-Listers. Point is, while as a young lad I've written many fanfics, revamps and poor screenplays, all about various Marvel properties. I did my own Ultimate Line, a separate X-Line, even cooked up movie treatments for Iron Man. Hell, I had an idea like the recent Life Story minis ages back. From DC, I've only done it with Batman.

With DC I have a far less personal history, and my favourite part is probably the Lantern corner Post-Johns, which occasionally changes for Batman. I like a couple of DC characters, but if you told me to draw you up a Top 10, it'd contain much more Marvel. I don't know a lot about their mythology and structure, the tangled continuities turn me off, and the general feel of the universe is not to my liking. Too cheesy and earnest, that alternates with poor grimdark instead of finding a good balance. As shown in the crossover there's fundemental differences in how the two universes are set up, and it depends on what you like. I despise the whole "Marvel is le humans wanting to be gods, DC is le gods wanting to be humans" since the character archetypes are similar in both. Instead the difference is that Marvel characters are far more realistic in that there are a whole lot more ***** running around, while DC at least tries to make most of their MCs a proper super-hero. Me, I agree with Kang and enjoy this type of character in fiction:

Timeless-2021-001-022.jpg

I'm not a full-on cuntlover, I like more pure heroes. But they're people like Luke Skywalker or Iron Man, who still have some "edge" to them, instead of purer ones like Superman and Flash. Also, I like armours and swords, so... Batman's a giant moralnut, and he's been getting on my nerves for years now, but the concept and aesthetics are just too good for me to abandon him. Ironically, the reason why I like the GLs is because their power is literally a supervillain's basic trait, but they use it to do relative good. The idea of Space Knights powered by their Will is just too awesome for me.

Point is, In my external comic HD, I have ~850GBs of Marvel, which could easily be 1TB+ if I got around to DLing some more stuff on my list, and DC, including imprints, is ~440GBs. So about double the amount. That said, as far as quality goes, DC has Vertigo and that counts for a lot. I think Marvel has better written long caperuns across the medium, especially with stuff like the X-Men & FF. But Vertigo titles like Sandman, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer and Lucifer as just above the capes. Things like Transmetropolitan have aged badly, and while Authority & Planetary are good timecapsules they're not exactly good. However those Vertigo giants just make DC a more "prestige" company. Not to say that there are no bad issues in them and that they're not a smudge overrated, but they contain more genuinely mature and different topics than most Marvel books. Still, as far as pure enjoyment/"liking" goes, it's Marvel that I prefer.

View attachment 553522

OK, Etrigan is no Conan the Barbarian, I'll give you that......but Darkseid and Orion are no slouches.
I never managed to get into the Fourth World stuff. I tried, as I love Space Operas, but it was just too campy, too silly, too stupid pretending to be grand, with awful and garrish aesthetics all around, that I never managed to care. Morrison's "LE EBIN HECKIN META DARKSEID LE IS" nonsense was even more embarassing. Thanos might have started as a ripoff of Darkseid & Metron, he may have been wanked by Starlin to the point of oblivion, and I may not even care much nowadays, but I prefer both him and Adam Warlock to the entirety of the DC Cosmicverse.

Also, everyone there wears diapers and Jobseid can't even rock a battleskirt properly.

b545634d911f2bcb2fec0ef9497cbbdc.jpg

Doom remains the King of Tunics. He's a proper Thad like the Ancients.

800px-Alexander_the_Great_Founding_Alexandria-e1555073781449-1.jpg

Darkseid is like a kid wearing a sack. FACT! Now that I have empirically proven that you cannot match my previous shot, I'll give you more.

HNgeW4HSTwSl2mZ0rT3lGNLd8m817MDoZc_oijfJ4Dtwauq1LJw8fgK0BgSgLfA5KdkMFC_cbaMp_Wc9D2QXKaprgmc0-Mf0kkYgnNuLCy3cplzSdOlKcEn-foWb7Iq6uiMLjSg5fg=s0

Strange is cooler than Fate by virtue of having cooler friends. FACT!

And this one was drawn by MIKE MIGNOLA.

So there.
Kidding aside, I grew to dislike Mignola after how he treated the GDT cast and how he fumbled the comic. I have no great love for GDT and Perlman as people, but Mignola canning the movies and creating the 2019 abomination just for money while citing "artistic pursuit", while tanking the book to be "le serious artist", made me lose respect for him. The fact that he's back at milking Hellboy with pointless one-shots every single month for the past two years just makes me feel sad for him.

JL Dark characters are the most interesting characters from DC for me right now. Batman milked hard over the last 15 years. Still room for a good Superman while Flash is in the trash with Ezra right now. Gal Gadot doesn't seem to deliver her lines very well IMO and I think she is overrated. Pretty model IMO.
Technically I agree, but the GDT movie got canned, and the only actual announcements is that they're looking specifically for black actors for both JonCon and Zee, so who cares? The only other DC property I'd be looking forward to are the Lanterns, but I don't see them happening anytime soon. Superman doesn't interest me, but I'd love good dollies of Brainiac & Luthor. Figures of thse would be stunning:

Prime-1-Braniac-Statue-006.jpg

XM-Studios-DC-Lex-Luthor-Rebirth-16-Scale-Premium-Statue-2.jpg

Where is the Man of Steel 2 with Cavill vs. Brainiac? Oh WB, your idea is to woke the character in a movie for HBO Max is quite smart. That will keep all those people from ransacking our building. I hope Batgirl falls flat before that to put that to rest. Abrams is leading the charge on this and DC is damaged enough as it is.

I will agree that the supernatural stuff can be soooo interesting. Sandman, Constantine, Deadman, Etrigan, Zatanna. Awesome lineup there but I need to dig deeper on reading those. There are all types of possibilities and I'd love to see more abilities, strange monsters and strange realms to adventure to. DS MoM I hope really embraces the weird. It could be game changing in my mind's eye, but this is Marvel.

Where is the Man of Steel 2 with Cavill vs. Brainiac? Oh WB, your idea is to woke the character in a movie for HBO Max is quite smart. That will keep all those people from ransacking our building. I hope Batgirl falls flat before that to put that to rest. Abrams is leading the charge on this and DC is damaged enough as it is.
MoS 2 should've been the next film after MoS, but WB is headed by a bunch of morons. Abrams is going to do untold damage to DC, but Superblack will get rave reviews just for existing. Remember, they're doing both Val-Zod and black Clark. I wouldn't mind a Calvin Ellis movie, as a Superman who's also POTUS is a neat idea. But Abrams' Superblack will be trash. I don't get how people even trust him nowadays.

I will agree that the supernatural stuff can be soooo interesting. Sandman, Constantine, Deadman, Etrigan, Zatanna. Awesome lineup there but I need to dig deeper on reading those. There are all types of possibilities and I'd love to see more abilities, strange monsters and strange realms to adventure to. DS MoM I hope really embraces the weird. It could be game changing in my mind's eye, but this is Marvel.
Etrigan and Deadman and the such aren't much to my liking, since, like I said, I'm not well versed in the entire mythology. But they are cool characters on paper and aesthetically pleasing, so I'd watch a movie with them, Xanadu, and the usuals like JonCon. Currently they're pushing Diana as the connection between them and the main JL, which could also work.

dc-comics-justice-league-dark-20180430.jpg

Back