Done with Neca, Have to Vent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayiw

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope I am posting this in the right section...

Anyway, after spending hundreds (probably thousands) of dollars on hundreds of Neca figures, I am done with this lousy company. I purchased on Neca's Ebay store the 7" Alien Big Chap. It had a loose torso and would not stand and in trying to get it to stand it shelf dove and one of the feet broke off. I contacted Neca immediately via ebay to let them know. They wanted pics which was completely understandable. I did that and then they wanted me to return the damn thing. I can't understand why they would want this broken thing back. I had no use for it and would have just trashed it anyway. But fine I can return it. The issue that I have with this is they want me to wait until they receive the return, then when they do the refund I would have to re-order it again if I want another one... and that's if they still even have any. I don't know why they could not just send me a replacement after I send the return. I posted on their Twitter, both the CS and the regular one and am being ignored, I posted on Facebook and was basically told I have to deal with Ebay Neca CS. This is not the first issue I had either. a couple of years ago I was bought an Alien/Pred 2 Pack and the shoulder gun was broken. They told me to take it back to the store and exchange it. Well Toys R Us had none left and Neca refused to send me a gun.

So yes I am officially done with Neca. Not only due to the CS issues but due to their crap products. While they look beautiful, they are made like crap. Loose joints, messed up paint, uneven legs, breakage and so on. I've been putting up with all that for long enough and not that they cannot even appreciate a very good customer I am done giving them my money. I will be tempted for sure as they have so many nice things coming out but so be it. I'll stick with Hot Toys figures. Not buying 8 or 9 Neca figures I could just get one Hot Toys figure, or not buying a couple 1/4 scale Neca figures I can get a Hot Toys figure.

Thanks for letting me vent and beware if you have any issues with your Neca stuff.

Jay

The foot was not the issue. The loose torso was. It just flopped forward or backwards. I have glued many Neca figures due to loose joints but this was was the loosest I have ever had. Even the legs we a bit loose. The foot that broke off was because it fell. For $27 I should not have to glue anything.

The foot was not the issue. The loose torso was. It just flopped forward or backwards. I have glued many Neca figures due to loose joints but this was was the loosest I have ever had. Even the legs we a bit loose. The foot that broke off was because it fell. For $27 I should not have to glue anything.

Sounds like Hot Toys will be the answer to all your troubles :lol

Update... idiots refunded me instead of sending me a replacement. Whatever. I'd rather have the refund at this point anyway. Worst most incompetent customer service I have ever dealt with. Never again, lesson learned.

I find pledge (future) works very well with loose joints, which is pretty common with NECA.
I usually just superglue the joints. Had to do that to many of my Neca figures but none were as loose as that Alien. I've never heard of using Pledge/Future. How do you do that? Do you just take off the joint and spray it on it or just kind of try and spray it in there with everything together? Wouldn't the slickness of the wax make it more loose though?

Back