Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was against a female Doctor for reasons of continuity, not misogyny.

Maybe I should cut them some slack, I guess shows - particularly SF shows - shouldn't be constrained by the past. But it might have seemed less incongruous and gimmicky to do it at the start of the modern era, not after so many more males and while ratings are tanking.

Good thing I don't care for Who. :lol

5d985df0cd0f964ea75f0cf94fe2d092.gif

Should have been kept as a woman again. Now we know the next doctor after this one will have to be a woman otherwise they'll have backlash over that.

I was against a female Doctor for reasons of continuity, not misogyny.

Maybe I should cut them some slack, I guess shows - particularly SF shows - shouldn't be constrained by the past. But it might have seemed less incongruous and gimmicky to do it at the start of the modern era, not after so many more males and while ratings are tanking.
I thought Whitaker was perfectly fine in the role, but unfortunately she was never given any great stories to shine in like the other NuWho Doctors.

What I really miss is the dark and weird Capaldi years, but that didn't seem to be a big hit with fans so it's probably going to be nothing but light and upbeat stories from here on out, especially with RTD back in charge.

Doctor Who has been execrable since it came back in 2005. And to be fair was pretty awful after Tom Baker left in 1981.

Just to reiterate;

From the board's Community Guidelines:
D. Hate Speech. While we believe everyone has a right to express their point of view, even if it is unpopular, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate (e.g Evolution/Creationism or the politics behind gun control, abortion, etc). It is unrealistic to believe that a religious or political viewpoint won’t work its way onto the site in some fashion (e.g mentioning you will pray for a sick member). It is important to remember that the purpose of this policy is not to limit your ability to express your beliefs but to limit the division often caused by discussing/debating differing points of view regarding these subjects.

From the board's Code of Conduct:
Politics, Religion, Sexual Orientation
Discrimination of any kind is not allowed on this forum. Our call is to be supportive, not divisive. Because of this, discrimination, racial vilification and offensive generalizations targeting people of other races, religions, sexual orientation and/or nationalities will not be tolerated.

If you can't follow the board's rules then you'll be shown to the door.

^ ^ Agreed would love to see that Timeless Child nonsense retconned right out of existence! :lol Never heard of the actor playing 14, but I’ll give him a chance. Just glad they’ve gone back to a male doctor…each to their own but a female doctor never felt right with me...maybe it was just the choice of actress, who knows!

I still miss my favourite Doctor - Capaldi though. Just hoping for good stories and better writing now Chibnall is going. :pray:

^ As soon as that? :lol If BCS do do a new figure of Tennant we might just get it in time for the 70th anniversary…

Disney as a partner with the BBC is horrifying. It's like some middle class white woke woman with two heads, both called Karen, has taken over (sorry ladies, only being a bit silly, although yes only a bit, the white wokie ladies are the WORST. The rest of you are delightful, and that coming from an extremely gay man - not in my mannerism but in just how hot I find attractive men. Annnyyywaaay….)

I really hope it's true Disney don't have any overriding control and that American influence doesn't creep in. Who just has to remain entirely British. Not that the BBC is any better at all, it's probably worse, and I think Disney might be learning about the woke stuff seeing as everything they're doing is a disaster on their streaming service.

Even though RTD is also super woke, I don't think he hates white people, as is common and indeed 'acceptable' for that crowd, so I think he'll use diversity in the positive way it should be used and moreover I think he'll have a lot of interesting plans for the show, as well as spin offs already in the works.

We can hope! This is make or break for sure. We're back in 2005 where had series one flopped that would have been it. I think it'll be the same for Kcuti's first series.

Obviously the 60th will do very well in the meantime and of course the draw of Tennant, along with the other inevitable appearances, and with Kcuti and the new style for the series running through the specials it might just retain a big audience as a result . That's their strategy anyway, clearly.

Back