Statue Doctor Doom Maquette (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner_400360_DrDoom.jpg

Hmm. I’m not as wowed with him as I was hoping. Something odd with the proportions like the Throne PF. Guess I was hoping for something more like the Legendary scale figure struck down.

He's got a pinhead like most statues these days, plus Jay leno's chin. I may get the Hasbro Galactus after all.

The concept is solid enough but the execution just missed the mark. Maybe it’s just the angle exaggerating things but I really thought I was going to love this piece and I’ve got zero interest in it right now. I may go for the Venom and Carnage at this point.

Eh... The older pieces are out of my price range ATM so I was looking forward to this, but it looks off. It's pretty boring too. I'll have to see the price. I'm not a statue collector either, it's just that it's Doom.

I think he looks great. Once again, not a fan of mixed media, but they did blend the cape well with everything else. The flag gives it that little something extra.

edit: he's up for PO now, and honestly not a bad price for something so big.

Last edited:
Something is still really off proportion wise in the new pics. I’m really bummed with how this turned out. The proud ruler of Latvaria theme was a decent concept but I’m just not clicking with how it turned out. Oddly interested in the new Cap though. Wasn’t expecting that the 42nd time they’ve made one of him.

Not really feeling this piece and I LOVE Daniel Bel's work. I'm happy with the last PF so this will be a pass for me.

This sculpt is so good. And the pose is so perfect for Dr. Doom.

He even looks good just like that without the cape.

the armor having musculature makes it look so silly. dunno what it is with SS and making lackluster Dooms.

it would have been better to either make the robe out of fabric or to sculpt it completely. the sculpt robe part on Doom its too finely sculpted on him
it doesnt look finished. the old bowen Statue or Bust has more comic presence. Why made Sideshow always still comic statues with mixed media? all 1/5 scale avengers statues looks fantastic if pose or costume looks bad the statue looks complete. all XM statues looks complete but wrong pose or wrong costume but the statue looks complete finished.
i cant understand this why Sideshow doesnt even stop there

Last edited:
Back