DKA8976's 1/6 Collection - Harmonica & Frank, Butch & Sundance, Heat Duo, PF Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DKA8976's 1/6 Collection - VM Mad Max, Yunsil/BBKill Connery, ACI Aragorn, more

Fantastic collection, perfect set up!

Re: DKA8976's 1/6 Collection - Weathered VM Mad Max, Yunsil/BBKill Connery

Nice work mate :clap "You crafty little man you" ;) I would love to see more of the battle-damaged head!

Wow, very nice job! It takes a pair of these to do that with such a pricey figure:

jCQDySV.jpg

and it definitely paid off here.

Congrats for the new acquisition bro!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I couldn't have Max on my shelf with a minty-clean outfit, it just looked weird, so after a lot of thought I felt that I should take a shot at it. Good thing is A) Elvis 1976 was kind enough to give me some weathering tips, B) It is a really simple weathering job and C) You can't over-weather this guy. His outfit is absolutely filthy during the movie, and it only gets worse as the film goes on. So the restraint that you usually have to have with this stuff goes out the window.

I will get pics up of the alternate head later!

Great collection. Congratulations! I like Connery, if one day you think sale it, tell me.

I will pay handsomely for him!

That is an incredible collection of figures/iconic characters, man. Really, well done. That Mad Max, in particular, is just awesome!

Amazing collection! Connery looks fantastic

Re: DKA8976's 1/6 Collection - Harmonica & Frank, Butch & Sundance, Heat Duo, PF Marv

3/5/2017
Update! It has been a while and things have changed a lot with my display. Besides figure turnover, I started making my own bases for certain figures (Heat Duo, Road Warrior, Die Hard, OUATITW duo, GBU trio, Snake Plissken) and started putting movie posters behind the figures to try and add a little to each display. I have also gotten significantly more selective - I buy less and keep more.

I also snagged 9 PF Marvel figures for case toppers. I love classic Marvel Superheroes, but wanted something high end. I am very pleased with them!

Not pictured - HT Reeves Superman, HT 89 Batman/Joker, HT DX 10, 12 and both T1 Arnies

Some notable stuff:
-The OUATITW duo are from sisquiris project with clothing from Geewhiz and paint from the wonderful Daven Tan.
-Indy is the MJ12 head, Kato clothing set with Pecards treatment and whip/accessories from mfisher. I prefer the Kato clothing set to the Yunsil set, but the jacket takes a ton of futzing to not look chunky.
-VTS Max was weathered by me and could probably do for even more weathering. Cool figure.
-The CK Butch and Sundance really grow on you for a while.
-Die Hard base was made with real shattered glass, which was really stupid and dangerous but looks cool.
-That Chinatown JJ Gittes is one of the best 1/6 figures I have ever owned.

Anyways, comments welcome! Enjoy!

Re: DKA8976's 1/6 Collection - Harmonica & Frank, Butch & Sundance, Heat Duo, PF Marv

The poses are great! I have such a hard time getting the right pose, you have it down.

Thanks man! Lots of work goes into them. Certain ones (like Blondie) are set and then never re-set due to the intricacies of the pose (I do want to mod his hip to get the Clint lean, though). I get these things for the realism, so I try to give them a pose that fits that realism. I have sold beautiful figures that I have been unable to pose well (Rainman's Dullboy being one - I just couldn't get a pose that looked right).

I'm with you on the posing. My favorite figures are those that have a standout pose. I need it to look exactly like the specific scene from the movie or show. Like the Clint lean, the GBU shootout, the Doc standoff with Ringo, etc. The character become lifeless to me if they have a simple unrelated pose.

That Mad Max figure is.....lovely. Haha. I'm a huge Mad Max fan. May I ask how you put it together? It's stunning. I would love love love to have one!

Fantastic display, really well thought and great poses.

3/5/2017
Update! It has been a while and things have changed a lot with my display. Besides figure turnover, I started making my own bases for certain figures (Heat Duo, Road Warrior, Die Hard, OUATITW duo, GBU trio, Snake Plissken) and started putting movie posters behind the figures to try and add a little to each display. I have also gotten significantly more selective - I buy less and keep more.

I also snagged 9 PF Marvel figures for case toppers. I love classic Marvel Superheroes, but wanted something high end. I am very pleased with them!

Not pictured - HT Reeves Superman, HT 89 Batman/Joker, HT DX 10, 12 and both T1 Arnies

Some notable stuff:
-The OUATITW duo are from sisquiris project with clothing from Geewhiz and paint from the wonderful Daven Tan.
-Indy is the MJ12 head, Kato clothing set with Pecards treatment and whip/accessories from mfisher. I prefer the Kato clothing set to the Yunsil set, but the jacket takes a ton of futzing to not look chunky.
-VTS Max was weathered by me and could probably do for even more weathering. Cool figure.
-The CK Butch and Sundance really grow on you for a while.
-Die Hard base was made with real shattered glass, which was really stupid and dangerous but looks cool.
-That Chinatown JJ Gittes is one of the best 1/6 figures I have ever owned.

Anyways, comments welcome! Enjoy!
Hello, If possible I would like to see images of your Harmonica figure. Thank you

Back