Display Shelving Ideas - Help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to get some information and opinions.
As of last week my wife and I are having our first home built. I was adamant about making sure I had a studio in addition to extra bedrooms so that my studio doesn't have to one day become a kids bedroom.

So the studio area is roughly 15' x 15' and Im trying to do some pre-planning on how I want to display my collectibles.

Right now I have around 25 Sideshow pieces and a few Bowen pieces. What I'm trying to get is information/links on some good display shelving.

Let me go over some things I do and do not want and maybe that will help narrow it down.

- I'd prefer to buy new. The reason being is if I need another that matches down the road, I'd like to be able to go get another of the same thing.

- I'm interested in either glass displays or wood/glass displays

- They need openings large enough to house the large pieces (Iron Man with Flag) or the ability to adjust shelf heights. It would also be nice if each slot was deep enough to hold a couple of statues for pairing. IE: Cap and Red Skull.

- I'd prefer one large display or 2 mediums rather than have to buy 7 smaller shelves at say...Ikea.

- I do want lighting, rather it's already built in, or has the room to add them.

If anyone has any recommendations on styles, brands, things I may not have thought of, etc, I'd be happy to listen to you. Also any links to things I can get a visual for would help.

Are any styles/brands more likely to get top heavy and fall over?
Do I need to bolt anything against the wall for this reason etc. Things like this that I may not have thought of.

Thanks in advance!

This is my favorite. I love how he did his here and that it stretches to the ceiling, each compartment has its own soft light

DSC01500.jpg

Love the style of these with the heavy wood bottom

2i084kj.jpg

As much as I like the look of going to the ceiling I also think this is cool.
It's not very tall from the ground and leaves room for much larger pieces to go on top. My guess is these are individual units that you stack on top of each other but Im not 100% sure.

Room19.jpg

look at amin ko's collection,i think it has both wood and light.good luck!!i would suggest ikea besta for a non expensive cabinet,but it seems that you dont like them..

look at amin ko's collection,i think it has both wood and light.good luck!!i would suggest ikea besta for a non expensive cabinet,but it seems that you dont like them..

forget it about .. this is crazy .. amin ko's collection rooms .. is madness ok.. i haven not find yet a room like amin ko's collection room .. not in this site ..

If your building a new house, what about having the builder add built in cabinets? They can easily make them with adjustable shelves or to your specifications and add lighting during the build process. This also solves another problem - with built in cabinets it would never turn into another kid's room.

Yeah thats what I originally hoped for, was to have the builder add those in. Unfortunately the subdivision builders offer a variety of floorplans but no customization since they order all the lumber, drywall, carpeting etc by the spec for the floorplan. The good side is it makes a brand new home affordable this way. If I had went the route of hiring an architect to do custom work, bought my own land etc. the process would have cost much more than I'm spending now.

One thing I could consider though is having a contractor come in after the fact and convert one of the walls into a wall/shelf unit...I just have no clue what something like that might cost.

Ecekat, its not that I hate Ikea stuff as much as Id rather not have 10 separate shelves that hold 3 statues each, Id prefer one larger, stable unit if possible.

Thanks for the tips so far, any additional info would be appreciated!

I have the Besta units from Ikea and I think they're the best. They have a bunch of different configurations you can buy, so you can go for the tall cabinet look or the low, wide shelving look. They are fully adjustable, so they work well with whatever scale you collect.

I don't know if there's an Ikea in the Dallas area, but there is one a little north of Austin.

I have the Besta units from Ikea and I think they're the best. They have a bunch of different configurations you can buy, so you can go for the tall cabinet look or the low, wide shelving look. They are fully adjustable, so they work well with whatever scale you collect.

I don't know if there's an Ikea in the Dallas area, but there is one a little north of Austin.

what about heavy statues on besta??do they resist??

Back