Action Figure Disney Ultimates line by Super7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prince John is AMAZING. Ordering that today. I am so happy they are doing him. Wow. Great job, Super7. I think three characters at the time is good, this can go for a loooong time. So many great characters. And excellent that Super7 decided not to got with modern, but old school. So excited for this line.

I really hope Super7 decides to make other Disney movie for this Ultimates line. Wouldn't mind seeing some Lion King or Aladdin figures in the future.

Brian Flynn from Super7 was just on The Fwoosh podcast. He talked about this line a bit, he said Wave 2 preorder will January, and will have Robin Hood. Now they're going on 4 figures per wave and 4 waves next year set.

He generally said that the first 4 waves, their selection may be confusing or not seem to make sense but they have like 8 or 9 waves already planned, so it makes sense looking at the big picture.

He said they're leading with what they wanted to do, like Prince John was the one he really wanted to do. He mentioned Prince John was the best seller out of the first wave.

And the first reason they wanted to do the Disney license was to do The Haunted Mansion figures, and this line also came out of it for them.

I really hope Super7 decides to make other Disney movie for this Ultimates line. Wouldn't mind seeing some Lion King or Aladdin figures in the future.

A Genie figure would be awesome. Potential for some great accessories and interchangeable parts.

I have to imagine the Genie would be on their short list. So much to do with him, they can probably do multiple releases.

Brian Flynn from Super7 was just on The Fwoosh podcast. He talked about this line a bit, he said Wave 2 preorder will January, and will have Robin Hood. Now they're going on 4 figures per wave and 4 waves next year set.

He generally said that the first 4 waves, their selection may be confusing or not seem to make sense but they have like 8 or 9 waves already planned, so it makes sense looking at the big picture.

He said they're leading with what they wanted to do, like Prince John was the one he really wanted to do. He mentioned Prince John was the best seller out of the first wave.

And the first reason they wanted to do the Disney license was to do The Haunted Mansion figures, and this line also came out of it for them.

While I appreciate that Super 7 is producing some of the more obscure characters/franchises and filling that niche, I do wish we would get some of the more big hitters up front.

Good to hear they already have 8 or 9 waves planned, assuming this line lasts until then. I forget exactly how the phrase goes but even the best laid plans can go awry.

While I appreciate that Super 7 is producing some of the more obscure characters/franchises and filling that niche, I do wish we would get some of the more big hitters up front.

Good to hear they already have 8 or 9 waves planned, assuming this line lasts until then. I forget exactly how the phrase goes but even the best laid plans can go awry.

I think the positive is that this is Disney; if any part of their deal is to sell them in the theme parks or the Disney Store, that would probably fund a lot for them.

I think the positive is that this is Disney; if any part of their deal is to sell them in the theme parks or the Disney Store, that would probably fund a lot for them.

On a recent Fwoosh podcast, it sounded like the Super 7 demographic is rather niche still so their products are primarily made to order.

Since there are already a million other Disney figures on the market, they said they are targeting more of the obscure characters (that people at their company really want) or different scenarios/accessories of the popular characters.

Per the podcast, With a few exceptions, they do not produce more than what has been solicited for the initial preorder allotment.

And also their production and supply chain is constrained by their factories. The podcast mentioned how they had to change factories recently (I think for their He/Man line).

To mass produce for the Disney Store, Super 7 would really have to revise their business plan to become mainstream.

It is interesting how Super 7 and NECA came to a gentlemans agreement with the TMNT license to cater to different consumers and products (movie, cartoon, original Playmates) and diversify the market.

I listened to that before and also Flynn's interview with Pixel Dan. In that one he said that when there's demand, they'll figure out a way, like with the Wave 1 TMNT figure, they're pretty much going to do an entire re-run of that one which is totally not in their 'made to order' plans. I'm sure a property like Disney will change all of their plans entirely and may include keeping them in production for Parks or the Disney Store, who knows.

siwYNYN.jpg

Super7 teased the next wave, it should be revealed in full this week.

Super 7 is really delivering on the more deep cut and obscure characters with this line.

On the one hand, I am glad they are catering to this but on the other hand, i also wish to see some more of the mainstream characters.

UL-Disney_W2_Figure_Alice_2048_820x.jpg

UL-Disney_W2_Figure_MadHatter_2048_820x.jpg

UL-Disney_W2_Figure_RobinHood_Stork_Accessories_v2_2048_820x.jpg
UL-Disney_W2_Figure_RobinHood_Stork_accessories_Store_2048_820x.jpg

UL-Disney_W2_Figure_Hippo_2048_820x.jpg

Really excited for the Alice pieces, she's my wife's favorite, I'll probably order a couple of each of those. I like that they're using a soft goods skirt. I'll get Robin, but I'm almost certainly going to pass on the hippo lol. I'm not even a big Mickey fan but ordered him in the first wave just to get him, but the Hippo is a bit unnecessary for me. I think they did a nice job on the figure though.

That Robin Hood is something I never thought I'd get. It was never even on my wishlist because I figured it was such an unlikely thing to happen.

Oddly, it's sort of a grail item ... as much as I loathe the term.

So Robin Hood is just one figure you can display as Robin Hood or in disguise right? It's not two figures?

Yes, it's just one figure with the swap out parts. I saw someone from Super7 confirm that in instagram comments. You must need a body to plug the parts into; if you're crafty I think you might be able to pull off making something that'll just hide under the cloak and get away with one figure.

That Robin Hood is something I never thought I'd get. It was never even on my wishlist because I figured it was such an unlikely thing to happen.

Oddly, it's sort of a grail item ... as much as I loathe the term.

Comes with a lot of great stuff!

The Robin Hood is a must have. This is shaping up to be a really awesome series, loving some of the more obscure disney characters they?re choosing like the Fantasia hippo. Great stuff! Hoping in the future waves, we get Peter and the Wolf. Peters animal fiends would be great pack ins.

Yes, it's just one figure with the swap out parts. I saw someone from Super7 confirm that in instagram comments. You must need a body to plug the parts into; if you're crafty I think you might be able to pull off making something that'll just hide under the cloak and get away with one figure.

Seems very misleading with their product description which lists the crane disguise as a separate ‘figure.’

Back