DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Sgt. Horvath 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just happened to have pre-ordered him yesterday. My plan was to lighten up the hair and beard but it looks like DiD will be doing that, already.

I'm trying to see if the sculpt is there and its just the paint apps that are hurting it but I don't think that's the case. The sculpt is way off.

Looks like the same sculpt but with a lighter hair/beard paint application.

View attachment 511579

DJNX5GKWsAA6TYN.jpeg

I'm trying to see if the sculpt is there and its just the paint apps that are hurting it but I don't think that's the case. The sculpt is way off.

I don’t think it’s the paint. This was apparently sculpted by a one-armed blind person. Absolutely horrible. Laughable that they think “lightening” the paint job was going to save this train wreck of a head sculpt. I’ll wait for Facepool to take a crack at it, because this sucks.

6B4E5612-1712-42EE-A800-7D0C4A47FDF2.jpeg

8ED93786-CAF6-4381-814B-9F25E2B18998.jpeg

DID's attention to detail on costume and accessories is insane. Miller comes with everything but the sandwiches he sees at the beach.

This sculpt isn't great, what happened was DID show their figures as they are going into production so this was a late change and it is a repaint.

I'll have to see if Facepool make him too. It's sad because Miller and Jackson were easy purchases.

DID's attention to detail on costume and accessories is insane. Miller comes with everything but the sandwiches he sees at the beach.

This sculpt isn't great, what happened was DID show their figures as they are going into production so this was a late change and it is a repaint.

I'll have to see if Facepool make him too. It's sad because Miller and Jackson were easy purchases.

Yeah, their clothing and gear is always top-notch, sadly it’s not always the case when it comes to likenesses.

It is definitely a good thing that we actually have "2" companies involved in figure releases for the same exact film. I've been able to choose which ones I feel are the better representation of the character. For example, I had initially pre-ordered Facepool's "Jackson" figure but as soon as I saw DiD's rendition, I cancelled FP's and ordered DiD's. With Miller, I got Facepool's boxed set and later on picked up the head sculpt and some loose pieces from Did's, which I preferred.

Unfortunately, we run the risk that one or the other will not release a certain character and I've seen where aftermarket prices end up going through the roof. We have yet to see FP offer a Caparzo, for example. I ended up pre-ordered DiD's Horvath in order not to miss out on the character but if FP announces theirs and it looks better, I'll at least get their head sculpt to update DiD's.

It is definitely a good thing that we actually have "2" companies involved in figure releases for the same exact film. I've been able to choose which ones I feel are the better representation of the character. For example, I had initially pre-ordered Facepool's "Jackson" figure but as soon as I saw DiD's rendition, I cancelled FP's and ordered DiD's. With Miller, I got Facepool's boxed set and later on picked up the head sculpt and some loose pieces from Did's, which I preferred.

Unfortunately, we run the risk that one or the other will not release a certain character and I've seen where aftermarket prices end up going through the roof. We have yet to see FP offer a Caparzo, for example. I ended up pre-ordered DiD's Horvath in order not to miss out on the character but if FP announces theirs and it looks better, I'll at least get their head sculpt to update DiD's.

That’s understandable. I actually preferred Facepool’s Jackson myself, and ordered the Deluxe for the extra head sculpt and bell tower diorama. In hand it looks pretty good. And I have Facepool’s Miller, too. I was looking to get DiD’s head for him, but I missed out, just to see if I preferred that one. All good, though, as long as I have at least one Miller, I’m happy. I was really looking forward to this one, but aside from the accessories and clothing, I’m just too disappointed to get him. I may regret it later, much like missing out on Caparzo, but I honestly didn’t think he turned out all that great, so I’m not too bummed.

I'm hoping that we get someone to offer a custom Horvath sculpt if Facepool doesn't come through.

I did pre-order the deluxe Upham from Facepool, which comes with an extra head sculpt but for Mellish. Looks like they won't be doing a complete figure of him. Just to be safe, I've started picking up some loose items to build him up.

I have not ordered Horvath in the hope that FP or someone else announces something better. The lighter paint apps does improve the look as I thought the darker shadowed beard wasn't good. I too ordered FP's Upham. If it comes out near as good as the proto I would be happy. DID would have to do something extraordinary for me to cancel the order. The Mellish sculpt coming with Upham doesn't give me confidence in more figures.

I PO'd this Horvath and will also hope for a 3rd party or FP improved sculpt. I have the DiD Caparzo and Reiben, but FP Jackson and Miller. PO'd the Deluxe Upham. The team is coming together.

I PO'd this Horvath and will also hope for a 3rd party or FP improved sculpt. I have the DiD Caparzo and Reiben, but FP Jackson and Miller. PO'd the Deluxe Upham. The team is coming together.

:hi5: Yes! I think we still need Wade the medic and Ryan, himself, to pretty much complete the squad and display. Unless DiD announces a Mellish, we'll have to work with the sculpt that comes with the deluxe Upham and build a figure around it.

One could go nuts adding additional characters such as those portrayed by Dale Dye, Bryan Cranston, Ted Danson, Paul Giamati, Dennis Farina, Nathan Fillion etc... Even "Steamboat Willie" could be added.

I received an email from the online shop that I pre-ordered Horvath from and it said that he will be shipping out in October. Anyone that ordered directly from HK will definitely get theirs earlier. Looking forward to seeing more pics and reviews then.

Even in uniform it's hard to tell who this is suppose to be. The head on its own is anyone's guess.

Imminent arrival at Timewalker....i believe next week.
I received an email yesterday from Battlezone Hobbies that he should be receiving his allotment of Horvath figures this Friday and then ship them out once he has completed shipping of two other figures. I'm assuming that it will take at least another week before Horvath is in the mail to me.

Back