DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Private Jackson 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures buddy. I bundled this with Upham through Timewalker. Which means I won't get Jackson for awhile.

Jackson arrived and I think the sculpt is pretty good. It is a 7.5 - 8 out of 10. Definitely recognizable, unlike the Sgt. Horvath sculpt pics that we've seen from the pre-order pics. I also think it looks significantly better than the Facepool sculpt, at least compared to those pre-order pics. We'll have to wait for in-hand photos to fairly compare the two.

Paint apps are very good if not a bit on the heavy side, but Barry Pepper did have some redness around the eyes, in many scenes.

Uniform is basically the same as the previous DiD figures (Caparzo and Reiben) for the most part, so I won't go into those here.

The figure may be slightly too tall, based on the actor's real height but I don't think it will be a big issue.

I won't be setting this one up for some time, so here are several pics of just the head sculpt.

DiD Jackson 2.jpg
DiD Jackson 3.jpg
DiD Jackson 4.jpg
DiD Jackson 5.jpg
DiD Jackson 6.jpg

Did anyone buy both the DID and Facepool? If so, would you kindly post photos side by side of the figures, especially the head sculpts? Thoughts on the figures?

Here in Japan, the Facepool figure is about ?10,000 ($100) less than the DID, so I?d like to see or hear from who ever has both in order to make a better decision. From the videos currently online and the few pics, I?m unable to get a good impression on the Facepool with all the equipment on, including the helmet.

Had my eye on this figure for months and finally bit the bullet now that he's available in UK stores. My current 1/6 collection is all Hot Toys, so looking forward to seeing how DiD compares!

You won't be disappointed, Vanguard, the quality is definitely there but it may be a gateway figure into getting the rest of the squad. If so, your wallet will get significantly lighter...

:wink1:

You won't be disappointed, Vanguard, the quality is definitely there but it may be a gateway figure into getting the rest of the squad. If so, your wallet will get significantly lighter...

:wink1:
Oh yes, I'm already kicking myself for missing out on Reiben and Miller! :slap

Reiben is still available out there but Miller (DiD or Facebook) are unfortunately, more difficult to find at a "reasonable" price.

The good news is that you may be able to piece one together with loose parts, as those are still available. That was what I was doing with Caparzo, as I missed out on the boxed figure, originally. But I eventually got lucky finding one on Ebay for a decent price. So the loose parts that I initially picked up will go towards building Mellish, as Facepool's Upham figure (deluxe) brings a Mellish head sculpt. DiD may come through yet but nothing announced as of today.

My advice is, if you planning to build the squad, to go ahead and pre-order Horvath and Upham, guaranteeing those two at a good price (several places provide a pre-order discounted price) and then work on the missing ones.

I took some quick out-of-the-box side-by-sides with my cellphone.

I definitely appreciate the DiD sculpt more in person. Side by side, you can see where DiD sculpt’s details are highlighted much more aggressively to the point where it’s almost like he is wearing makeup. Alone, however, I think it works well and is a good representation of the actor.

I’ll probably keep FP watchtower display but will sell the figure. The only reason I’ll keep the FP is if I see any bits or pieces I want to keep.
ADD5DE96-D0D0-45D1-AE0D-255705766197.jpeg
37444FDE-81DD-44C5-A847-FD1FF35FA050.jpeg

Reiben is still available out there but Miller (DiD or Facebook) are unfortunately, more difficult to find at a "reasonable" price.

The good news is that you may be able to piece one together with loose parts, as those are still available. That was what I was doing with Caparzo, as I missed out on the boxed figure, originally. But I eventually got lucky finding one on Ebay for a decent price. So the loose parts that I initially picked up will go towards building Mellish, as Facepool's Upham figure (deluxe) brings a Mellish head sculpt. DiD may come through yet but nothing announced as of today.

My advice is, if you planning to build the squad, to go ahead and pre-order Horvath and Upham, guaranteeing those two at a good price (several places provide a pre-order discounted price) and then work on the missing ones.
I'll get back on the hunt for Reiben again, thanks FlyAndFight for the great suggestions. Might be a case of watching the ebay like a hawk for Miller but those I've seen so far have been pricey.

FP's Upham is looking really promising but DiD's Horvath just...doesn't look right - I might hold out and see if FP follow suit with a better sculpt. Still waiting patiently for either company to give Wade a go :impatient:

Also Jackson arrived! I haven't had the time to unbox him properly but I am bowled over by the attention to detail and quality of the accessories. Definitely on par (and beyond) with Hot Toys. The sculpt is excellent too though I agree with PH@Ben that the paint work is a bit heavy - such a minor gripe though when he is otherwise an excellent figure!

Congrats on getting Jackson!

As for Reiben and Miller(s), definitely set up a Search or watch notification on Ebay. That's how I was able to get Caparzo. You never know. Someone may post a good "Buy it Now" or "Best Offer" auction.

Definitely waiting on Wade and Pvt. Ryan himself. Hopefully they are announced soon.

My jackson finally arrived he's amazing only thing innacurate about it compared to the movie is the canister for the longer scope, facepool has the edge on just that part. This one also has the best head sculpt so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 64
Back