DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Private Jackson 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all got that right. He's next.
FB_IMG_1604315666963.jpg

The sculpt looks great. I have the Facepool version pre-ordered but I'm thinking I need to hold off on pre-ordering any others until I see DiD's offering. The problem is that they sell out quickly while on pre-order status.

The sculpt looks great. I have the Facepool version pre-ordered but I'm thinking I need to hold off on pre-ordering any others until I see DiD's offering. The problem is that they sell out quickly while on pre-order status.

DiD rarely if ever drop in value, they're a reliable flip if you need to.

DiD rarely if ever drop in value, they're a reliable flip if you need to.

Good point, but I'm not willing to buy two figures for each character. Facepool's figures are top-notch. Uniform, kit and even sculpts are excellent. If the DiD sculpt is better, I can always just get that parted out.

What I find strange is that DiD seem to be following Facepool with the same character releases instead of choosing different characters, in order to get their initial slice of the pie. They've done it with Miller and now Jackson. They could have released a Sgt. Horvath, Medic Wade or a new Pvt. Ryan and they would have no current competition for pre-orders.

If you are referring to the Facepool figures selling out; I noticed that too. However, I also noticed they they tend to pop back up as available not too long after release. That could be due to the DID announcements.

As far as quality Facepool isn't bad, but I think DID's quality is better. I would buy DID and use Facepool for parts. I just recently purchased the shirt for Miller and compared it to the first DID "Millers" release. There really is not comparison. The DID shirt is better. The real buttons are better than the snap ons. The draping of the shirt is more realistic. It sits better on the body. The collar insignia pins are cut sharper and cleaner.

The shirt I purchased was serviceable and the price was good, but I still prefer the original DID shirt.

Yep, I was referring to the Facepool figures, too.

Very interesting info regarding the DiD shirt. I've got the DiD Reiben figure and think it is very good. I just wish we had a better idea which figures each company was planning on releasing.

I'm with you on that front. I was close to ordering the Facepool Miller, if only for parts. When I finally decided to pre-order he was sold out. I was then surprised to find out about DID's newer version. I ended up ordering DID's. I did pick up Facepool's sculpt which I thought was pretty decent. Once I received it it was nicer in person. I think DID's Miller is better than Facepool's, but DID's still looks a bit too old for movie.
I considered ordering Facepool's Jackson, but I wasn't completely sold on the figure as a whole. The Jackson picture looks promising and I already have Reiben and Caparzo.

I've got Facepool's Miller and DiD's Reiben but Caparzo is still on pre-order. That was one that came out earlier this year and yet hasn't been received by the online shop that I ordered from. Weird.

I think DiD's Jackson sculpt is at the very least better painted than Facepool's, at least based on the prototype pic. I pre-ordered FP's Jackson only. Not the tower diorama piece, as I want to display the figures standing together. But that dio piece really captures those ending scenes perfectly.

What is your opinion on the Caparzo figure? Based on the pics and YouTube videos that I've seen, I think they captured Vince Diesel's character pretty well.

It's a good representation of the character. I'm not "wowed" by him, but he is needed as part of the team. If we can get the whole team I'm sure I'll appreciate him more.

Interesting to hear your guys' takes on these figures. It's pretty unusual to have such similar quality in identical lines released at the same time isn't it? I'm one-and-done with Miller, but SPR was always begging for a whole line, it's well past due. If these sell well maybe we'll see the Band of Brothers line expanded too.

I'll be honest, I would much rather have the BoB line, if possible. I realize that it would be impossible to capture every main character in 1/6 (just too many) but that series holds a special place for me.

In the meantime, I did order the deluxe Winters figure and already had "two" of the old DiD Winters figures plus the "Albert Ross" one.

Has anyone done Platoon figures since Hot Toys? There in need of an update and I would love to see DID or Facepool make Taylor, Barnes, and Elias which Hot Toys never gave us.

That would be great. Sideshow had the largest set of Platoon figures but those surely are costing a pretty penny in the secondary market. Hot Toys couldn't even complete the big three.

A new collection from DiD or Facepool would surely be eagerly picked up by collectors. Would look amazing with today's level of detailing and paint apps.

Funny how movies resonant differently in each of us. I like Full Metal Jacket, but don't want figures. Platoon if we get them great if not I'm okay. I've never seen Bob. SPR just hits me in all the right spots. I want figures. Same with Gladiator.

Funny how movies resonant differently in each of us. I like Full Metal Jacket, but don't want figures. Platoon if we get them great if not I'm okay. I've never seen Bob. SPR just hits me in all the right spots. I want figures. Same with Gladiator.

Never seen "Band of Brothers"?? You owe it to yourself to watch that incredible mini-series. And don't binge watch but take at least a few days between episodes to mentally and emotionally digest them. I remember watching it when it first aired, every Sunday night, and spending a week mulling over each episode, waiting for the next episode.

It was something that was on my radar, but I just never made the time to watch it. You sir may be the devil in disguise. Opening doors I may not want to venture into for financial reasons.

It was something that was on my radar, but I just never made the time to watch it. You sir may be the devil in disguise. Opening doors I may not want to venture into for financial reasons.

If you like SPR, I think you'll like Band of Brothers.

Back