DID Corp: Generation War: German WH Unteroffizier "Fried" 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chambea1114

Super Freak
Reaction score
DiD is doing Friedhelm Winter the younger brother from the Generation War Mini-Series! It looks really good, excellent likeness in my opinion. Hopefully, they do his older brother too.
134751zwvcnzp4uv4vve95.jpeg
134738r52jp5uls2bhqoko.jpeg
134728rmmud5n635k6vn5d.jpeg
134738qbpw3bbobc5icew3.jpeg
134722basakksaxlaeewnw.jpeg
134729uz8x33x0ww0iim8w.jpeg
134730houunszvzyrbv402.jpeg
134742r5kni8hngw99hwcw.jpeg
134727k3ur7mj7zpg775c3.jpeg
134725f776nzuewaunaeu3.jpeg
134724di2m0m444csiccbm.jpeg
134720dwlegfgtlkgx0dek.jpeg
134723bsri57qsr71iu0ng.jpeg
134740mftf7ukvbvzvxgiv.jpeg
134743eyccu2u2wc4cxrxc.jpeg
134743zl47667ub76dzk7z.jpeg
134744v51jyjwfjedk1wkw.jpeg
134746ogg5vxxtt5xxi0lx.jpeg
134745oglvrvmh8kvz766m.jpeg
134747t8y8i8j545ujnjn7.jpeg
134747ai56w6wrx63nw7zw.jpeg
134750ewc66fi8f8cf8f8w.jpeg

When DiD teased the unpainted photo on the BBICN forum people recognised it and referenced the mini series. I think that was the first time I'd heard of Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter.

I immediately sought it out and watched it. It was pretty good, if unsurprisingly bleak.

DiD will surely make his brother, Wilhelm. I wonder if they'll also make a DRK nurse Charlotte?

Generation War Charlotte.jpg

Years back Dragon Models made a nurse, but the body and sculpt were bad even in those days, and DiD feel like the natural heir to DML.

While I'm back into WW2 German military I'm trying to stay in the realm of the North African campaign, so will very likely pass on Fried.

It is definitely a slippery slope, especially in that these WWII figures are usually less expensive than a regular Hot Toys figure.

I'll only be pulled in if it is an aviation themed figure, such as the recent Marseille and Hartmann figures. I hope that they continue the line with additional Aces and from different countries. Would love to add a Richard Bong, David McCampbell and Frances Gabreski for the US, as well as Douglas Bader and Johnnie Johnson for the RAF. Plus, more German aces such as Werner Molders, Gunther Rall and a new Adolf Galland.

It is definitely a slippery slope, especially in that these WWII figures are usually less expensive than a regular Hot Toys figure.

I'll only be pulled in if it is an aviation themed figure, such as the recent Marseille and Hartmann figures. I hope that they continue the line with additional Aces and from different countries. Would love to add a Richard Bong, David McCampbell and Frances Gabreski for the US, as well as Douglas Bader and Johnnie Johnson for the RAF. Plus, more German aces such as Werner Molders, Gunther Rall and a new Adolf Galland.

There's a bit of a panic over on the BBICN forum today about the future of product depicting the Axis forces.

The translation is rough, but I think it refers to Alibaba and Taobao blocking listings for Japanese and German figures and models. The obvious targets for DiD would be their 3R range, but there's fear that it will also cover regular German forces too. While retailers would still be able to continue to sell independently of Alibaba and Taobao, the shrinking market or collateral damage might mean a difficult future for Chinese companies like DiD.

According to insiders, in the past two years, Ali has received a large number
of complaints about the military models of World War II, especially the Japanese military models of World War II. Combined with the many Japanese-related social incidents that occurred in China in the second half of the year, Ali finally decided to use AI. Starting from keywords, large-scale bans and removals of related World War II model products are carried out.

Generally speaking, the reasons for the recent ban have ranged from Japan's involvement in the German army to the entire axis of World War II, from assembled models to soldiers and other peripherals.

With World War II Since the announcement of the closure of the most influential community forum, the Jagged Forum,
Xianyu has also begun to rectify recently. Many users have received various penalties for violations.
Japanese soldiers have been banned from Xianyu, and the German army, especially DID and its 3R ,
Due to being too realistic, Hitler, Himmler, Goering, and Goebbels have all been banned. It
can be said that their faces cannot be revealed, and their numbers are also included in the list of violations,
such as GM640, you just put a number and a landscape map It is also true that the
Italian soldiers are not known because there is no manufacturer to produce violations;

at present, Taobao can sell all kinds of German soldiers normally, and most of the Japanese soldiers are banned,
but today Taobao official platform Qianniu proposed new regulations, which may In the future, all soldiers from the Axis camp of World War II will not be able to sell it;

for DID manufacturers, it doesn't matter if their products have been sold to get money, but it must be the major merchants and players who will be affected
. The transformed Facebook, the rookie Yuzhan Dao, and the self-owned brand of God of War play. Due to various violation penalties, the merchants have a backlog of goods, and the toys cannot be turned into
rotten hands.

, This is also the most important.
If there is no bad master in the mold play circle, it will not be far from Liangliang. Where should the players of World War II go?
What should the soldiers of World War II do?

Attention 3R players, DID should be reminded to hurry up and release other characters,
otherwise no one will do it if they want to play generals in the future. It is already a sure thing that this brand will be banned from the entire network.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=381021

DiD and any other company producing these types of figures needs to simply continue production of their figures and remove Alibaba, Taobao (whatever that is) from their resellers list and they'll be fine. Other shops will end up profiting from this. Forums prohibiting conversations regarding these figures will slowly become irrelevant as members simply move to other forums that allow coverage of these figures.

By the way, what nationality will be next to be banned? Axis Italian figures? How about American military figures? Australian? South Korean? Chinese??

Personally, I have no interest in displaying a figure of Hitler or Himmler, for example, but have German pilot figures on display. On a similar note, I am a scale model builder, mostly aircraft models and have noticed that some modeling forums do not allow the swastikas' found on German WW2 aircraft. I've also seen it happening on some flight simulation forums as well as the sims, as well. I believe that one shouldn't ignore the past but learn from it.

Very nice releases. Glad I'm not doing WWII anymore! :lol
I am a bit confused with DiD's release though... the uniform is a later model, but it still has the white piping on the collar (for NCO's if I'm not mistaken), which was removed during or shortly after Barbarossa. I watched the series a long time ago, so I can't remember if it's accurate to it.
Also, DiD made a figure with the older brother's sculpt, but I think they put it on an W-SS figure.

Very nice releases. Glad I'm not doing WWII anymore! :lol
I am a bit confused with DiD's release though... the uniform is a later model, but it still has the white piping on the collar (for NCO's if I'm not mistaken), which was removed during or shortly after Barbarossa. I watched the series a long time ago, so I can't remember if it's accurate to it.
Also, DiD made a figure with the older brother's sculpt, but I think they put it on an W-SS figure.

It's accurate to the series:

Fried.jpg

Back