1/6 DID A80161/A80161S WWII US 101st Airborne Division Ryan 2.0 (Standard & Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r4.jpg
r5.jpg
r6.jpg
r7.jpg
r8.jpg

r17.jpg
r18.jpg
r19.jpg
r20.jpg
r21.jpg
r22.jpg
r23.jpg
r24.jpg
r25.jpg
r26.jpg
r27.jpg
r28.jpg
r29.jpg

r9.jpg

Brief Introduction​

Still remember the A80097/A80097S, Ryan that released in 2014? For those who have missed out of him, DID releases 1/6 WWII US 101st Airborne Division Ryan 2.0. There is the Standard Edition (A80161) and the Deluxe Edition (A80161S).

The 101st Air Assault Division, reorganized from the original 101st Airborne Division, was an elite air assault unit of the U.S. Army. The 101st Division was first constituted as an airborne unit in WWII and integrated into the airmobile division in the Vietnam War. Then it was established as the Air Assault Division, using helicopters to conduct air assault and rapid advance.

The headsculpt of Ryan is super realistic with expression. And He looks serious with deep frown.

Ryan is equipped with full set of standard configuration of WWII 101st Airborne Division. He wears M42 paratrooper uniform and trousers with MC1 helmet on his head and the jump boots on his feet. M1936 pistol belt and X straps are in use. On his right arm, it is the US Army 101st Airborne Division Patch. It is noteworthy that MC1 helmet is equipped with a leather chin pad, which effectively enhance the solidity of the helmet to avoid accidental impact trauma during airborne operations. The jump boots are made of genuine leather and have a very good texture.

Ryan carries the M1 Garand rifle, which was the primary weapon of the U.S. infantry during WWII. It was recognized as the best rifle of the Second World War since it is reliable, accurate and easy to disassemble and clean. In addition, Ryan also comes with a bayonet and an M3 fighting knife, both of which are portable and easy to attack the enemy. Coupled with two grenades, Ryan has a powerful combat capability.

All accessories for Ryan are fine and detailed, such as M1936 musette bag, the multi-functional shovel with cover, the M1910 canteen with cup, five storage bags, the watch and the dog tags.

You can DIY different dioramas with the six U.S. Rangers. It must be very spectacular. After waiting for 8 years, you definitely should not miss out of Ryan again!! Just order him now.

There are also deluxe version as well. You could check here.
PS: A80145 Captain Miller and A80141 Private Reiben that are show in the images are NOT included in A80161.

Full Part List

Base:

1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Open palms x 1 pairs
4 Gun-holding Palms x 1 pairs

Outfits:
5 M1C helmet with inner liner and net cover
6 M42 Paratrooper uniform
7 M42 Paratrooper trousers
8 T-shirt
9 M1936 X straps
10 M1936 Pistol Belt
11 Jump Boots

Accessories:
12 M1936 Musette Bag
13 Storage bag X 5
14 Shovel with cover (can be opened)
15 M1910 Canteen with Cup and cover
16 Watch
17 Dog tag X 2

Weapon:
18 M3 Fighting Knife and M6 Sheath (genuine leather)
19 Bayonet with sheath
20 Grenade x 2
21 M1 Garand rifle with magazine clip x 5

Insignia:
22 WWII US Airborne Paratrooper American Flag Invasion Arm Band
23 US Army 101st Airborne Division Patch x 1
24 Private first class rank badge x 2

r10.jpg
r11.jpg
r12.jpg
r13.jpg
r14.jpg
r15.jpg

r30.jpg
r31.jpg

r16.jpg

Full Part List​

Base:
1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Open palms x 1 pairs
4 Gun-holding Palms x 1 pairs
Outfits:
5 M1C helmet with inner liner and net cover
6 M42 Paratrooper uniform
7 M42 Paratrooper trousers
8 T-shirt
9 M1936 X straps
10 M1936 Pistol Belt
11 Jump Boots

Accessories:
12 M1936 Musette Bag
13 Storage bag X 5
14 Shovel with cover (can be opened)
15 M1910 Canteen with Cup and cover
16 Watch
17 Dog tag X 2
18 Flashlight (can be turned on and exchangeable with different color lens)

Weapon:
19 M3 Fighting Knife and M6 Sheath (genuine leather)
20 Bayonet with sheath
21 Grenade x 2
22 M1 Garand rifle with magazine clip x 5
23 Bazooka with shell x 2(metal)
24 M7 grenade launcher + M9A1 rifle grenade

Insignia:
25 WWII US Airborne Paratrooper American Flag Invasion Arm Band
26 US Army 101st Airborne Division Patch x 1
27 Private first class rank badge x 2

I want it! sculpt still is not all that I see the likeness a lot in some pictures but not great. It looks like the first sculpt put into a 3D program and they just played around with his face to give him expression.

The webgear is the big winner here major upgrade and is more accurate to the film and rifle grenades are always awesome.

not a big upgrade overall from 1.0 but I will still get this.

my 1.0 will become random paratrooper #36 so I can play with him on my desk.

Here's a screenshot I took of ToysTV live from the event.

Ryan looks very natural and a first shot of Upham which he does appear shorter than Miller next to him so DiD is paying attention to his height

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.50.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.51.02 AM.png

I took Ryan 1.0 out of the shelf to play with him this morning and took some pictures. I take back what I said about minor upgrade on the sculpt, the 2.0 sculpt is miles better than 1.0 now that I compare them.

I'm also glad for this 2.0 because the helmet liner is just bad on this old one it's a lot smaller so to compensate I had pulled it more and the materials started peeling on it. I'm also pretty sure the strap was defective as in the metal clip was placed upside down from the factory.

besides the overall helmet and straps being better on 2.0 there is also a major improvement with the chin strap, 1.0 has no definition and the 2.0 actually is shaped and is the proper length.

The 1.0 also has trouble holding the bazooka and it's not just the pegs (one I've replaced with a HT peg) it's the overall hands are not designed to hold it and the new one looks to have a better griping hand for the bazooka.

DiD has also given ryan the movie accurate E tool, webing and the correct amount of ammo pouches and I do like the newer dark brown corcoran jump boots.

Curious why DiD gave him the american flag arm band he didn't have that in the movie and I'm pretty sure the 82nd AB were the only ones to use the armband flag In Normandy untill Market Garden.

Heres ryan 1.0 when he found out he was being replaced
IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

I took Ryan 1.0 out of the shelf to play with him this morning and took some pictures. I take back what I said about minor upgrade on the sculpt, the 2.0 sculpt is miles better than 1.0 now that I compare them.

I'm also glad for this 2.0 because the helmet liner is just bad on this old one it's a lot smaller so to compensate I had pulled it more and the materials started peeling on it. I'm also pretty sure the strap was defective as in the metal clip was placed upside down from the factory.

besides the overall helmet and straps being better on 2.0 there is also a major improvement with the chin strap, 1.0 has no definition and the 2.0 actually is shaped and is the proper length.

The 1.0 also has trouble holding the bazooka and it's not just the pegs (one I've replaced with a HT peg) it's the overall hands are not designed to hold it and the new one looks to have a better griping hand for the bazooka.

DiD has also given ryan the movie accurate E tool, webing and the correct amount of ammo pouches and I do like the newer dark brown corcoran jump boots.

Curious why DiD gave him the american flag arm band he didn't have that in the movie and I'm pretty sure the 82nd AB were the only ones to use the armband flag In Normandy untill Market Garden.

Heres ryan 1.0 when he found out he was being replaced
View attachment 591575
View attachment 591577
View attachment 591578
View attachment 591580

Still a very good looking figure though, and will make a fine "random paratrooper #36", taking backstage to Ryan 2.0.

Not a homerun but I like it better than FP's. Without the helmet he's kind of odd looking. With the helmet the likeness improves. He's definitely an improvement over 1.0. Like that Upham is coming.

From the posts I'm reading, 2.0 is the superior version.

I only have Captain Miller (Tom Hanks) but I will add Private Ryan (Matt Damon) to the collection.

DiD has done it again, to me! I just received Facepool's version and now DiD announces theirs. Yet another figure that I will preorder and compare to FP's, selling off the one I like less.

By the way, I definitely prefer DiD's head sculpt.

From the DID Official Private Group:

Qu Rachel

Admin
4xpYDl8Bbdc.png

· 6 mins ·

The headsculpt of A80161 and A80161S 1/6 WWII US 101st Airborne Division Ryan 2.0 has been updated. We will release the painted version soon. The pre-order deadline will be extended to Aug 24th. Thank you for your support.

didr1.jpg
didr2.jpg

Too bad they couldn’t do this for the Tim Sizemore figure that doesn’t look even remotely like him.
I don't know.. In my opinion Horvath looked pretty good to me in person, he also set up very naturally and I added padding to his gut to fill it out more like he was in the movie and he looks really good I'm very happy with it, If anything I wish Reibens looked slightly better.
IMG_1639.jpg

I think Horvath just looks too young. Even DID tried a repaint of the sculpt and while it helped some, the underlying sculpt just isn't a home-run.

Reiben is another one that is just OK to me. But both capture the essence of the characters and are recognizable as to who the characters are.

Unsure if I will replace the FacePool Ryan with DiD's version. DiD's head sculpt seems to capture Matt Damon a bit more accurately.

I think Horvath just looks too young. Even DID tried a repaint of the sculpt and while it helped some, the underlying sculpt just isn't a home-run.

Reiben is another one that is just OK to me. But both capture the essence of the characters and are recognizable as to who the characters are.

Unsure if I will replace the FacePool Ryan with DiD's version. DiD's head sculpt seems to capture Matt Damon a bit more accurately.
Now that you say he looks a little young I can agree on that aspect I think the way you position the helmet plays a huge role in the likeness. if you're content with the facepool but still want this I'd say just wait for DiD to release a picture with the helmet on this new painted sculpt.

but you should still get it anyway, you know you want that wood and metal M1 Garand again.

Back