D'Hoffryn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy to see him and like Dave said, this makes me think there is more to come. We'll get Giles eventually. They have to hold some on reserve.

Never thought we'd see this figure from SSC. I'm thrilled. One of my favorite characters by far. As for accessories, aside from the talisman, how about D'Hoffryn's wedding present?

I'm half way through the second season of Buffy... when does THIS baddie step into the picture?

Protozaius said:
I'm half way through the second season of Buffy... when does THIS baddie step into the picture?

Season 3 I believe. He plays an important role in the story of the Anya character who also shows up in season 3. Actually the best thing about them choosing to make him is they pretty much *have* to make an Anya soon. Otherwise there's no point to making him. And if they make Anya they might as well make Giles and Dawn too, since they'd probably be more popular.

Protozaius said:

We first meet D'Hoffryn in Season 3's "Dopplegangland." He appears again in Season 4 in "Something Blue, "Season 6 in "Hell's Bells," and in Season 7 in "Selfless."

Andy Umberger, who played D'Hoffryn, also appeared in two of Joss Whedon's other shows, as Dr. Ronald Meltzer in the Season 1 Angel episode "I Fall To Pieces," and as Durtmunder Captain in the Firefly episode "Serenity."

wvb.jpg

I hope Giles is a sure thing. But I'm not taking it for granted. I did that once and now I don't have a Faramir. :(

Yeah. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that nothing is sure.

I expect to get a Giles. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

There are many cool Buffy villains, but I've always been more into the core characters. They were what made me fall in love with Buffy when it started airing.

I kind of expect Anya before Giles at this point, because of D'Hoffryn. That's another reason why I was so disappointed when I saw the new figure announcement. Anya isn't a favorite character of mine, so I won't buy her. I always felt she was just a Cordelia replacement.

I think the fact that we're getting these "lesser" characters is a good sign of SSC's faith in the line's long-term viability. Giles will se plastic.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm glad we're getting another demon. I'm not a casual collector, but if I were looking at the line from the outside I'd see a cool monster - not a tweedy guy in suit.
As Spike said: Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life pass before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea?

gls.jpg

so when is

so when is this guy gonna be available to order? It seems the preview has been up a while longer than usual.

I would think we will see the pre order in tomorrow's newsletter.

Wow, I really can't wait. I am so excited about buying a figure that I don't really want, just so that Sideshow MIGHT do the figures that I really do want, sometime in the dim, distant future.:banghead

Here I am, brain the size of a planet and all I can do is moan about the lack of a tweedy, English Librarian dolly. Had you told me this 27 years ago, I think I would have ended it all then!!!!!:horror

OK I promise this is my last moan....................why is my nose growing mommy?

Murderofcrows71 said:
so when is this guy gonna be available to order? It seems the preview has been up a while longer than usual.
I did go up a bit early last week, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Hopefully it will be up for order this Friday.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

i love this figure,we should get anya/anyanka now!!
i would have preffered giles but this looks cool and im getting it.

just imagine a lovely hells bells anya:peace

At the bottom of a huge pile of paper that I've just cleared from my desk, I found a list of "wants" that I prepared about a year ago. (It was a very large pile!). The list was of Buffy figures that I hoped Sideshow would produce over the next couple of years:
The Good guys were Xander, Giles, Cordelia, Anya and Tara.
(Oz must have already been announced)
The Bad Guys were: Drusilla, Darla, D'Hoffryn, The Judge and Caleb

So I must eat humble pie and say that I did want D'Hoffryn after all and was merely disappointed by the timing v. Giles. In fact overall Sideshow are doing a pretty good job of working their way through that list.

Due respect!

I apologise for having become a whingeing pom/moaning Brit!!!!!!:angelsmil

Giles and Cordelia are the only two must haves left for me when it comes to Buffy...(I would love a Jenny Calendar...but I don't expect her, so I don't count her). They've made most of the best bad guys, IMO - Drusilla, Spike, the Master, Darla (though I hate the outfit).... The mayor was a major big bad, but I don't think he would be all that good of a figure.

I dislike a lot of the later season characters though, like Dawn, Anya, etc, and thought a lot of the villains were horrible. I'm biased there... I'm not sure how many Buffy figures I'll end up with because I have a few left I want to buy, but my Buffy collection will no doubt represent the first seasons of Buffy and not the later seasons.

Back