D'Hoffryn up for preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order is in. :banana

Looks awesome!!!:google

I can't believe that it's got a 2 piece limit since it's a SS exclusive figure. I guess SS learned from their mistake with Der Kindestod.

Bonehead15 said:
My order is in. :banana

Looks awesome!!!:google

I can't believe that it's got a 2 piece limit since it's a SS exclusive figure. I guess SS learned from their mistake with Der Kindestod.

What is this mistake you speak of Mr Bonehead? Der Kinderstod has to be in the running for best figure of the year. With a big edition size for an exclusive, Sideshow can easily up the limit if they want. Making D'Hoffryn available with a two piece limit means less collectors will own one. lol Of course, derrrrr, they will own two.

I am eagerly awaiting the newsletter to see if Sideshow reveal whether or not a regular will be released. I want it spelled out clearly, not implied with ambiguos word play. If they were allowing some for overseas distributors, like they did for Der Kinderstod, I would be posting a banana, right now, too.

Thanks for the link! I haven't received the Sideshow newsletter for this yet and I'm always paranoid that everyone will want it and they'll sell out quickly!! I ordered two of them, one for me and one for my daughter. Still want my Giles but D'Hoffryn looks great and my daughter was super excited about this figure and definitely wanted this one! And thank you Sideshow for allowing me to buy two figures this time. I've hated the "limit 1 per customer" policy that you have recently started doing it. It makes it hard for me to get the two figures I always need to get!

creecher said:
What is this mistake you speak of Mr Bonehead? Der Kinderstod has to be in the running for best figure of the year.

I agree Creech. He's my vote for best 1/6 SS figure of the year. :bow

I was talking about Der Kinerstod's 1 piece limit not the actual figure. With an edition size of 2,000 I can't believe that SS had a 1 per person limit on Der Kinerstod. It's just a fabulous figure. With D'Hoffryn, SS learned from their mistake and upped the limit from 1 to 2 per customer. I think that the Buffy monsters have more overal appeal to 1/6 collectors than the human figures. I'm sure quite a few non-Buffy fans will be picking up D'Hoffryn eventhough they aren't Buffy fans.

Sorry for the confusion Creech.:eek: :angelsmil

I love his feet, it looks like he's wearing a pair of those big novelty bedroom slippers. :p

I wish (no pun intended) I could get more excited about this guy because he has a really cool headsculpt, but he just doesn't grab me.

yay! too bad theres only 750! I wont be able to pick this up in time. The sculpt is beautiful, the outfit is also nice but it doesnt hang right to me. I wish I could get it...sigh Guess you cant have it all...

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear that this is the only version to be offered. Der K also had the exclusive "XXXX1" in his product number.

I'm so glad they are able to do figures with such incredibly low edition sizes. I can't imagine there's much profit in it. More of a "from the fans/for the fans" kind of thing. Hopefully he'll sell out quicker than Luke and generate some buzz for the Buffy line.

Sideshow sure know how to apply a hammer lock.

No need to say sorry Bonehead. I did get it eventually and it made for a lead in to my post. What to do? Now I really am confused. I just don't have the dollars leading up to Christmas. The sculpt is just great. Who exactly comprises the Gore Group?

creecher said:
The sculpt is just great. Who exactly comprises the Gore Group?

exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. Man its hard to accept there no way I can get this.

Ordered!

My order's in, and since D'Hoffryn isn't due til 2nd quarter of 2006, there will be a bit of break between everything coming out in the 1st quarter and I won't be sweating this one. Love the figure, love the accessories! :banana

THIS IS REALLY A GREAT FIGURE, ALTOUGH Im NOT A FAN OF THE SERIE, IVE PREORDERED IT, CAUSE HE LOOKS AWESOME!!! I MIGHT ALSO ORDER DER KINDERSTOD , SINCE EVERYBODY HERE HAD SUCH NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THE FIGURE...

Shaihulud said:
I MIGHT ALSO ORDER DER KINDERSTOD...
YOU WON'T BE SORRY, SHAIHULUD!!!

Great job!

I really like the sandaled feet, it's something we've not seen before, but logical and a wonderful contribution to the character of the figure.

D'Hoffryn's robes changed a bit from episode to episode, and this is a nice variation, albeit a bit a bit stiff in the drape. I like the addition of the hood — is it actually big enough to fit over those horns?

The accessories are pretty much as expected, though I'm disappointed the talisman he gave Willow in "Something Blue" is not included, as it's more character-specific. The wedding present is fun, though the ribbon is the wrong color — it was a blue-violet in the ep. And, it would have been great to see him on a taller body, as D'Hoffryn always appeared to loom over everyone in his presence.

It would have been easy to knock this figure out without much attention to detail beyond the head sculpt. The Gore Group and Team Sideshow really got creative on this one and produced another outstanding addition to the line!

Anyanka next, please!

anyk_bnnr.jpg

Looks great, my order is in! And I was surprised that they allow you to order two now, I accidentally put two of them in my cart. I think they should allow people to order two for items that aren't likely to be instant sellouts, unlike the Star Wars figures.

I ordered as well. I also like the wedding gift accessory. The sandled feet do look very good and are a nice touch from the typically shoed feet of the other figures.

Shaihulud, you will not be disappointed if you order DerKindestod! I recommend the Master as well if you don't already have it.

I have preorder him as well even though I haven't gotten to the episode with him in it yet. I'm seeing the Buffy seasons in order and I'm up to the middle of season 2 having just seen the episodes where Angel loses his soul and Oz finds out he's a werewolf. VERY cool stuff!

I'm SO glad I bought Werewolf Oz at SDCC or I'd be combing Ebay for him.:banana

I'd REALLY like to get Der Kindestod now but I'm going to have to wait... I've got Christmas gifts to buy (read: for OTHER people). I hope he can stay to stock until the next year... he's not on the "Low Quanities" list is he?

I went to the Gore Group site and saw that they are also responsible of the 1/4 Grevious. They have some wonderful in progress pictures of him. He is going to be awesome! Too bad I'm going to have to cancel.:banghead

Back