Detolf Floors and Backdrops for Iron Man, Batman, Star Wars, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke314pi

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My toy store has teamed up with a local printing company to make some really nice display backgrounds, and these are now available for order. I thought I would show you what we've got already, and ask for suggestions on what other backgrounds you would like to see.

Each display has been designed and scaled to work with 1/6 scale figures. Even if you don’t have a Detolf shelf, these backdrops can be used in almost any display. Each backdrop measures 15”x15” and the high resolution graphics are printed on thick semi-gloss photo paper.

Click any image below to view a larger image:

We offer these backdrops unmounted, or optionally you can have us mount them on industrial foam board. The foam board is also 15”x15” and can sit inside of a Detolf shelf, or on any shelf that is tall enough.

If you are interested in having 4 backdrops printed, in order to fill your entire Detolf shelf, we offer 4 backdrops at a discounted price. We also offer custom printing services if you have high resolution graphics and would like us to print them on a backdrop for you.

Standard backdrops are $24.99 each, but if you buy 4 it drops to $79.99 total. You can check out all of our displays here: https://lukestoystore.com/1-6-scale/

Last edited:
Re: Detolf Backdrops for Iron Man, Batman, Star Wars, etc.

Here is one mounted on foam board, set inside the Detolf (click any image to view larger):

And here is what they look like mounted on the back of the Detolf with tape or display putty:

Here are two more displays that we can't list in the store for copyright reasons:

If you would like to order one of these, simply order a custom backdrop (or a set of 4), and mention one of these when you order.

And here is a video I made showing the features of these displays:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqajE5_UCuI[/ame]

Do you guys have any suggestions for other backdrops you would like to own?

Last edited:

We are now offering 1/6 scale Detolf Floors as well! These are high resolution prints on thick photo paper, produced by the same professional printer that does our wall displays. These are on matte finish paper instead of glossy - I tested it both ways, and the glossy paper was very distracting for floors, even with textures that are meant to be glossy.

I have 10 designs to choose from, with everything from dirt floors to metal grates to concrete slabs, and you can also send your own images to use. As with the walls, there is a discount for buying 4. These are also cheaper than the walls because they are not as tall. You can find these new floor displays here: https://lukestoystore.com/1-6-scale-detolf-floors/

t800-01_zps94709384.jpg

Last edited:

Cool.saw it in fb too

Very cool. I'll keep them in mind when I finish up my display.

Really nice! Some nice armory with lot of guns would be nice! Like this:
zombie-2.jpg

weapons6.jpg

I have gotten a few PMs asking about image sizes for custom displays - they should be 3000 x 3000 pixels for maximum clarity. The bare minimum is 2000 x 2000 pixels.

Love the shield one i will be getting one soon for my avengers display.

Ideas.

Banes sewer layer
Cave entrance (bat cave)
Death star
Mos isley cantina
Chemical plant interior for 89 bats and joker
Hall of iron man armor

Very nice idea, though a little on the expensive side.

I would have hoped the $79 for the full set would include the foam backing.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Unfortunately the prices are due to the middle men - I don't have a large scale printer, or the materials for adding industrial adhesive to foam board. I know that standard adhesive causes bubbling, so I wasn't going to use that.

3 new backdrops in the store based on requests I have received via PM and email:

Boiler Room
display17_zps5e38516e.jpg

Abandoned Building
display18_zps64f35446.jpg

Above the Clouds
display2_zps63de8026.jpg

These are all available here in our store. And here is one new backdrop I can only share here since it is a screenshot from Aliens:

display15_zpsf8d56e0e.jpg

To order this backdrop in our store, choose the Custom Display or 4 Backdrops option and mention the Aliens corridor in the comments box during checkout.

Here are some new backdrops that customers have requested. Thanks for your orders so far! :)

Dojo
display25_zps945b01b1.jpg

Brick Wall
display22_zps89bdbced.jpg

Wrecked Building
display23_zps3f98f7a1.jpg

Vivid Sunset (for HT Luke Skywalker)
display24_zps42c10e65.jpg

Dark Forest
display21_zps85d60723.jpg

New York Rooftop
display19_zps6736823d.jpg

These are fantastic. Can you please do one for gladiators? A training ludus or game arena?

Getting real close to getting a background for Bats but having trouble deciding. I know which one I want for Man of Steel though.

These are fantastic. Can you please do one for gladiators? A training ludus or game arena?

Sorry I just spotted this post. I looked around online, but I couldn't find one that was high enough resolution and at the right angle. :(

Back