DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Probably better off buying a second loose figure. Only way I can think of is cutting along the upper half of the bubble with an exacto knife.

20181018_162808.jpg

My beyond joker

I've been checking eBay like a madman. Unfortunately, I just missed one that sold for around $80 USD. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to pay $80 to $120 for Bane.

I regret not buying Rogues Gallery for $120 when it first released. I didn't want Montoya or Poison Ivy and told myself "all these figures will get a solo releases"... Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Call me optimistic but I think they will release face expressions packs for freeze and ivy (hopefully with a much more accurate design) in the next wave. They may be postponing it as much as they can since the rogues pack is sold with a very high price and characters like Bane and Montoya would not be sold as much in single packs. So fingers crossed.

DC Collectibles has pretty much wrapped up their terrific action figure line based on Batman: The Animated Series.

In his review of a recently released Harley Quinn statue, long-time action figure reviewer Michael Crawford declared that the DC Collectibles "Batman: The Animated Series" action figure line is almost dead. Does anyone think he's right, or is this just a premature assumption? Will the already announced upcoming figures (i.e. Grey Ghost, Two-Face, Scarecrow) be the last in this line?

In his review of a recently released Harley Quinn statue, long-time action figure reviewer Michael Crawford declared that the DC Collectibles "Batman: The Animated Series" action figure line is almost dead. Does anyone think he's right, or is this just a premature assumption? Will the already announced upcoming figures (i.e. Grey Ghost, Two-Face, Scarecrow) be the last in this line?

I think it is just about over. We might get a few more figures from The New Batman Adventures (most likely Penguin and possibly Mad Hatter and Scarface) but not much else. A few Animated Series figures too but it is getting close to the bottom of the barrel for both. While there are probably literally 100 characters that appeared on the shows at some point most of them will never get figures. It seems as if DCC believed Montoya and Alfred were hard sells on their own so I wouldn’t be looking forward to a Leslie Thompkins or Rolland Dagget anytime soon. As cool as Hugo Strange or Rupert Thorne or Tygrus might be I just don’t think DCC sees them selling well enough to warrant creation. If the line continues I think it will mostly consist of repackagings and recolorings of existing figures, mostly Batman, Joker and Harley. Possibly a rerelease of Ivy, Bane, and Freeze from BTAS since they have already been tooled. So my best guess at what has the best chance at release are:
TNBA Penguin
TNBA Mad Hatter
TNBA Ventriloquist and Scarface
TNBA Batwoman
BTAS Clock King
BTAS Lock-Up
BTAS Baby Doll
Some version of Bruce Wayne

... and I honestly think most of those are pushing it unfortunately.

I think DCC will be putting their resources into more Justice League and Superman Animated figures going forward.

i think the Justice League figures are doomed to fail; subscription AND price + shipping? That makes the figures too costly when they were available for 23.00 bucks to all who bought the BTAS and TNBA figs.

And we will be lucky if we get the Scarecrow, Two-Face, Grey Ghost, HARDAC Batman and Batcycle figs next year. I wouldn't put it past the new head at DC Collectibles to scrap everything as it doesn't give them the numbers they want. I've always been an optimist about the lines I collect, but I'm very honest when I see the end being neigh.

Just for the sake of contradicting myself, as I've seen several reviews:

Does anyone on the forum have the DC Sub service that would be willing to help a fellow collector out? I want to get those terribly overpriced JL figures but can't since I reside in Mexico City. I've tried to get them through eBay, but they are even more expensive.

Are the figures limited per sub or can you buy as many as you want? So, if someone can help out and there are not restrictions. Please DM. It would be much appreciated.

I think it is just about over. We might get a few more figures from The New Batman Adventures (most likely Penguin and possibly Mad Hatter and Scarface) but not much else. A few Animated Series figures too but it is getting close to the bottom of the barrel for both. While there are probably literally 100 characters that appeared on the shows at some point most of them will never get figures. It seems as if DCC believed Montoya and Alfred were hard sells on their own so I wouldn’t be looking forward to a Leslie Thompkins or Rolland Dagget anytime soon. As cool as Hugo Strange or Rupert Thorne or Tygrus might be I just don’t think DCC sees them selling well enough to warrant creation. If the line continues I think it will mostly consist of repackagings and recolorings of existing figures, mostly Batman, Joker and Harley. Possibly a rerelease of Ivy, Bane, and Freeze from BTAS since they have already been tooled. So my best guess at what has the best chance at release are:
TNBA Penguin
TNBA Mad Hatter
TNBA Ventriloquist and Scarface
TNBA Batwoman
BTAS Clock King
BTAS Lock-Up
BTAS Baby Doll
Some version of Bruce Wayne

... and I honestly think most of those are pushing it unfortunately.

I think DCC will be putting their resources into more Justice League and Superman Animated figures going forward.

I am more into tnba than btas, so i hope dcc can release figs like hatter, penguin, calendar girl, clayface, gcpd characters and others. It will be sad if i don´t see more of this line

I’m interested in seeing all of those movies done in that style lol.

Your work is awesome! Is there any way I can buy high resolution digital copies of the work?

Thank you!! I never sell original digital copies of my work (as it then gives the recipient the ability to reproduce/sell it on themselves) but I do occasionally sell prints of my work. I'm aiming to get more stuff available for sale soon and update my TeePublic store too. :)

I've already posted here months ago but since we are in theme I like to draw and sell BTAS stuff too :D Not SFA quality but I have a lot of fun to draw Bruce Timm style! :D If anyone is interest can check my TeePublic too. It's in the banner below ;) Here's a free Harley sample in Suicide Squad theme :p (sorry for the waterlogo, I've already had enough of bad experience without it on the internet -.-)

Senza titolo-1.jpg

Those were all drawn by me. You can check out more on my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/batmantheanimatedfan/

Incredible work :thud: Awesome, awesome stuff :bow

I've already posted here months ago but since we are in theme I like to draw and sell BTAS stuff too :D Not SFA quality but I have a lot of fun to draw Bruce Timm style! :D If anyone is interest can check my TeePublic too. It's in the banner below ;) Here's a free Harley sample in Suicide Squad theme :p (sorry for the waterlogo, I've already had enough of bad experience without it on the internet -.-)

View attachment 431009

Good stuff too!!!!!!

Back