DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have to ask if a thread is dead…you probably have your answer.
I think problem is rather the figure line than the threat. Haven't been active for quite a while, but came by every now and then to check if new figures have been announced. And all I saw were re-released figures and Customs. The Line is dead, not the Threat. Why talk about something that doesn't bring any news to talk about?

I forgot about this forums, hope you guys are doing well! Any new DCC figure added to your collection?
Hi, I buyed some Mcfarlane dc multiverse figures : Killing Joke Joker and Batman Year two with diorama. I'm waiting if Mcfarlane will release some Batman adventures continue figures as Catwoman or some other which Dc direct annouced before to be delated :unsure:

I hope they stick close to the DC Direct format, look and feel so there’s at least an aesthetic continuity. I was wasn’t impressed with the earliest McFarlane renditions of the BTAS Batmans that looked like aberrations!

Omg, I can’t believe this is finally happening 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Cat woman version 2 😍😍

Attachments

• E47244E7-D606-4EE3-840C-724C67773E75.png
    E47244E7-D606-4EE3-840C-724C67773E75.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 0
I picked up Catwoman from GameStop the other day just for the Selina Kyle headsculpt.

Funny, the line began with TNBA Batman and BTAS Catwoman and now the line ends with TNBA Batman and BTAS Catwoman.

So was that McFarlane Toys deal solely to move produced stock they couldn’t sell after going under?

It feels like DC Direct hasn’t done anything actually new since then, just cranking out statues and figures that were solicited before their plug got pulled. I’m curious to know if we could see this line continued somehow, even if there’s only a handful of BTAS characters they could still do.

So was that McFarlane Toys deal solely to move produced stock they couldn’t sell after going under?

It feels like DC Direct hasn’t done anything actually new since then, just cranking out statues and figures that were solicited before their plug got pulled. I’m curious to know if we could see this line continued somehow, even if there’s only a handful of BTAS characters they could still do.
The new page punchers 7” figures based on Bermejo’s art are under the DC Direct label and not the DC Multiverse/McFarlane banner.

Well, there's only a handful of figures they could still do when you view it through the prism of collectors who got into the line in 2015. Seven years is a long enough time to get the best of both worlds: focus the line on new collectors and sprinkle in the previously unmade characters for the long time collectors.

They could re-release a lot of these with minor improvements, new headsculpts / expressions, unmade accessories. They could include accessories with them that were dropped from production. The straightjacket or the Mask of the Phantasm poster cape to name just two. They could finally do a BTAS Batboat, the GCPD Police Car, SWAT Truck, Batcycle with Robin, etc.

So is CatwOman the real end of the BTAS the adventures continue line for real? I mean it was canceled and then all of a sudden the “lost” shipment finally arrived giving me hope but I’m not sure 😭

Back