DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soundtrack is out on iTunes and Amazon. Whee!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4RtvPe5wY0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4RtvPe5wY0[/ame]

Finally saw this. Brilliantly done and a step up in quality from other DC animated movies. Too bad we didn't get this in live action, starring Michael Keaton, instead of TDKR.

If Keaton did agree to do a live action version, ala WATCHMEN, who would play Superman? Dean Cain (whose Superman hit TV shortly after Keaton's Batman was on the big screen) or Brandon Routh (since he was essentially playing Reeve's character and Supes doesn't age, anyway)?

I love Keaton's Batman, but I never wanted to see him as TDKR Batman. I always liked the idea of Unforgiven era Eastwood in the role, which, if that did happen, could've had Reeve reprise his role as Superman. If a TDKR film happened now, I don't know who would play Batman. With that being said, though we had many disagreements about whether or not he'd be a better Superman or Batman, I'd have to agree with Karamazov's sentiments he stated in the JL and MOS 2 threads: Jon Hamm would make for a great TDKR Superman.

Please don't kill me, DiFabio.:lol

If a TDKR was to happen now, and a former Batman actor was cast in the role, they'd offer Bale the bank. It would be interesting to see Routh take up the role of Superman with a bit of artificial aging. But at this point, I'd bet that if they're ever going to do it, it would be a decade down the road with Cavill and Affleck.

If a TDKR was to happen now, and a former Batman actor was cast in the role, they'd offer Bale the bank.
Problem with that is TDKR used just enough material from RETURNS to make Bale's casting in a straight adaptation, redundant. How many God damn times is he gonna retire and fake his own death?

Problem with that is TDKR used just enough material from RETURNS to make Bale's casting in a straight adaptation, redundant. How many God damn times is he gonna retire and fake his own death?

Honestly, I thought TDKR set up the real TDKR perfectly. Robin becomes Batman until he reaches a point where he dies or gets injured and Bale returns to flesh out the whole TDKR storyline. Sure there'll initially be some similarities, with him being rickety, the mustache shaving, etc., but once Miller's story kicks in, those similarities would be left in the dust.

Bale's only 39 or 40, though, isn't he? Wasn't TDKR Bats in his 50s? In any case, I don't foresee them even attempting it until well after whatever their Cavill/Affleck/DCU plans are are done. That being said, that could be quite a hit if they actually did it, in a way similar to how Dr.Mirakle's idea would've been now or a few years ago; 2028 comes around; the MCU and the DCU are both done and over with; suddenly, WB and DC punch audiences everywhere right in the nostalgia by announcing that, after 15 years, Christian Bale will be returning to the titular role that made him a household name in "The Dark Knight Returns."

My only thing is: how could they make it cohesive with the universe that Nolan built? The mutants were far from realistic, and Superman and Joker's presence (the latter being something of a predicament that even suspension of disbelief can't fix) would certainly throw a wrench in things. Unless, of course, they just pulled a "Never say 'Never' Again," and had the same guy return to a different continuity.

Bale's only 39 or 40, though, isn't he? Wasn't TDKR Bats in his 50s? In any case, I don't foresee them even attempting it until well after whatever their Cavill/Affleck/DCU plans are are done. That being said, that could be quite a hit if they actually did it, in a way similar to how Dr.Mirakle's idea would've been now or a few years ago; 2028 comes around; the MCU and the DCU are both done and over with; suddenly, WB and DC punch audiences everywhere right in the nostalgia by announcing that, after 15 years, Christian Bale will be returning to the titular role that made him a household name in "The Dark Knight Returns."

My only thing is: how could they make it cohesive with the universe that Nolan built? The mutants were far from realistic, and Superman and Joker's presence (the latter being something of a predicament that even suspension of disbelief can't fix) would certainly throw a wrench in things. Unless, of course, they just pulled a "Never say 'Never' Again," and had the same guy return to a different continuity.

Have JGL play Joker. He looks enough like Ledger (hell, that's who most of us thought he was playing when initially cast) and given time, he'd nail the speech pattern. He just needs to copy Tom Waits like Ledger did. Except for being right-handed he was a good Willis in Looper.

I got the deluxe edition of this a while ago and has the ultraviolet copy with it, but I can't use it as it's only useable in the US. Does anyone know if there's a way to use it in the UK? Maybe with a US account or something?

I'd just create a US based Gmail, and a Flixster account with said Gmail and a US location. Then, follow the directions, and you should be good. Don't fret, though; you aren't the only one with problems, Russell. It's telling me I can't enter the codes on my iPhone (it's not compatible with this device), so I don't rightly know what to do, either.

On a side note, I finally picked this up tonight. My Target had 3 of the steelbooks still in stock (2, now:lol).:rock It's a fantastic addition to the collection. I haven't watched it, yet (saw both parts separately previously), but the steelbook is kickass, and I'm digging the art cards.

I'd just create a US based Gmail, and a Flixster account with said Gmail and a US location. Then, follow the directions, and you should be good. Don't fret, though; you aren't the only one with problems, Russell. It's telling me I can't enter the codes on my iPhone (it's not compatible with this device), so I don't rightly know what to do, either.

On a side note, I finally picked this up tonight. My Target had 3 of the steelbooks still in stock (2, now:lol).:rock It's a fantastic addition to the collection. I haven't watched it, yet (saw both parts separately previously), but the steelbook is kickass, and I'm digging the art cards.

Thanks for the advice dude, I might give that a try. Would like to have the ultraviolet copy on my iPad for at work.

I've tried to use uv codes on my phone before and it says I can't input them because it's a mobile device, but can on my iPad. Then once it's in the collection I can watch it using my phone. So just try inputting the code on a computer or tablet or something.

Tried this and it didn't work, the site still seems to recognise me as being in the UK despite being signed into an American email address. If anyone knows of a way I can redeem this in the UK I'd appreciate any help. If not it's not the end of the world, just thought it'd be cool.

Is it a service or a download? I've never redeemed one of those ultraviolet slips.

Back