DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ But this animated movie has nothing to do with Nolan's version of the character...so how could it be a better adaptation to Nolan's version of the character?

Might be a long shot but does anybody have the digital code for either part 1 or 2 and not plan to use it? I have the blu ray but didn't come with a digital copy and would love to get it on my iPad to watch when I'm at work. If anyone could help out I'd really appreciate it. :)

finally watched both parts!
it was good but man the movie was all over the place.
did you guys find batman super violent?
I guess I am used to the batman from animated series.

overall great animated.
ohh yeaa Robocop is not a good voice for batman.
kevin conroy FTW !

finally watched both parts!
it was good but man the movie was all over the place.
did you guys find batman super violent?
I guess I am used to the batman from animated series.

overall great animated.
ohh yeaa Robocop is not a good voice for batman.
kevin conroy FTW !

guess you never read Tdkr

mVb1Z.gif

I'll probably get a lot of hate for this but ever since I was a kid, I never found the graphic novel to be that special. I do have lots of respect for it, but I always thought it was overrated.

The movie on the other hand, was pure gold. I was pleasantly surprised how well the book was adapted to a another medium. Both parts stands out as my 3rd favorite Batman movie behind Mask of the Phantasm and Tim Burton's Batman.

This is what I've been waiting for. The Deluxe Edition coming out on Oct. 8th is a seamless 148 minute cut + some new extras.

I'll probably get a lot of hate for this but ever since I was a kid, I never found the graphic novel to be that special. I do have lots of respect for it, but I always thought it was overrated.

The movie on the other hand, was pure gold. I was pleasantly surprised how well the book was adapted to a another medium. Both parts stands out as my 3rd favorite Batman movie behind Mask of the Phantasm and Tim Burton's Batman.

Boo this man :lecture

I do like the idea of seeing the whole thing as one movie and will probably buy this deluxe edition but I think it works really well as a two part film. The first part ends really well and they have a different enough feel from each other. I don't know, I think they just work well as a two part movie. Kinda like kill bill.

As far as the graphic novel goes, I always preferred Miller's "Batman: Year One" to "The Dark Knight Returns." But for some reason, I feel just the opposite about the animated adaptations. I can't really explain why. I liked them both and both are pretty faithful adaptations, but I really liked "The Dark Knight Returns" movie quite a bit more than "Year One."

With TDKR, I was worried about how Batman' s internal monologue being cut would negatively affect the movie. It's one of the elements that I loved about the graphic novel. But I found that as the movies progressed, I didn't really miss it. With Year One, I found Ben McKenzie' s voice kind of grating and lifeless. But I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

With TDKR, I was worried about how Batman' s internal monologue being cut would negatively affect the movie. It's one of the elements that I loved about the graphic novel. But I found that as the movies progressed, I didn't really miss it. With Year One, I found Ben McKenzie' s voice kind of grating and lifeless. But I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

I found that to be the case with Weller in TDKR.

Boo this man :lecture

Yeah boo to you too. :lol Sorry, I love the graphic novel and I think it's an all time classic, but just a tad overrated. Didn't help that Miller had to make Superman and idiot to make Batman look good.

As far as the graphic novel goes, I always preferred Miller's "Batman: Year One" to "The Dark Knight Returns." But for some reason, I feel just the opposite about the animated adaptations. I can't really explain why. I liked them both and both are pretty faithful adaptations, but I really liked "The Dark Knight Returns" movie quite a bit more than "Year One."

Year One was an amazing graphic novel but a terribly dull movie. As far as adaptations goes, TDKR is probably the best there is, despite not having Batman internal monologues (that would have killed the pacing).

I found that to be the case with Weller in TDKR.

Go listen to Michael Ironside doing TDKR Bats and cry at the missed opportunity. Seriously, Ironside was perfect. Why did DC went with Weller?

Go listen to Michael Ironside doing TDKR Bats and cry at the missed opportunity. Seriously, Ironside was perfect. Why did DC went with Weller?

I don't doubt it. Ideally, I would've preferred Conroy, but Ironsides is pretty much there but more gravely - which is perfect for an aged Batman. I'm wondering if it was a scheduling conflict because I don't see Ironsides costing more than Weller.

The soundtrack will FINALLY be released on October 8th. The most anticipated soundtrack this year for me! :yess:

Back