Statue Darth Vader Premium Format (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine in the same pose. Very underrated pose I think. Most probably have the lightsaber out but this one has such scary presence.

Yes... Scary presence is a good way to put it. Its my pose of choice but I have used some of the other switch outs from time to time. Now that I have the three Stormtroopers I only use the non lightsaber pose that we are talking about.

I have the same, no lightsaber out, but my hand is the outside as yours is under like him crushing something. Mine is him throwing something.

I like that Hand when the other is holding the saber. I used that pose for like 6 months.

I like that pose, but the cabinet I have would only let me use the saber pose.

As for Iron Studios Vader it indeed received the Statue of the Year 2017 award at Statue Forum. And it is better than all other Vader statues out there so far. Definitely better than any Sideshow Vader, including Mythos, which is one of Sideshow's best Vader statues.

View attachment 513832

Ive had this piece since 2017???

Wow time flies. Such a great piece. Still feels fresh and new.

Ive had this piece since 2017???

Wow time flies. Such a great piece. Still feels fresh and new.

Yeah the IS is a fantastic piece, got him for like 800 dollars in January 2021, got him set up in my 80s spot. For space I dont use the lightsaber pose takes up way to much space. I like the short height base, gives a good dimension of the statue size itself

IMG_8551 by Steven Evans, on Flickr

I'm curious to see what the rumored switch out head for this will be. That and the price could determine my interest.

You say English is your third language but you had decent grammar before.

Genau richtig! Jetzt kannst du Pfeife aber mal in meiner zweiten Sprache schreiben, da Deutsch leichter als Russisch ist. Dann sehen wir ja, was f?r eine gro?e Nummer du bist. Wobei Spanisch kann ich auch noch ganz gut. Englisch hatte ich nur in der Schule, 6 Jahre ungef?hr falls du das verstehst! Falls nicht, bel?stige mich einfach nicht mehr!
Geh mir am besten einfach aus dem Weg, du schreibst sowieso viel zu viel, komm mal schneller zur Sache und mach nicht immer ein auf Belehrungswissenschafftler nur weil du bei der Armee, vielleicht derjenige warst, den man am besten rumkommandieren konnte!
Jetzt erwarte von dir, General Matt das du auf Deutsch zur?ckschreibst ansonsten bist du wirklich eine Lachnummer mein Freund :cuckoo:

But there is a couple of things I would change with IS piece no doubt about it, it isnt a perfect piece. Maybe queen studios or prime 1 will look into Vader that will wow ppl

Nice to hear that! What u dont like on the IS one?
To me was the biggest problem the Mixed Media items (My biggest problem is the Cape it is to long and to wide and i dont like the fabric that IS use and i got glue on the belt and light up flickered and the black/silver paint didn't harmonize so well) but its an really good statue all the way.
I dont think that Prime 1 or Queen Studios have interessting in getting a Star Wars license because SW is not very popular in Asia.

You say English is your third language but you had decent grammar before.

The sentence structure in english is different than in german. in german we have a lot of more words to describe what we do, that makes it difficult to always use the correct word in English in connection with the following words. i dont know if you can understand that but i can't explain it better in english.

To me was the biggest problem the Mixed Media items (My biggest problem is the Cape it is to long and to wide and i dont like the fabric that IS use and i got glue on the belt and light up flickered and the black/silver paint didn't harmonize so well) but its an really good statue all the way.
I dont think that Prime 1 or Queen Studios have interessting in getting a Star Wars license because SW is not very popular in Asia.

The light up features are hell to put on, if I could engineer a light up feature I would do what someone else done and have it all come on with a remote controls, but Im not talented to do that, now the cape Im fine with the cape, it suits the style they were going with and ive set my cape up just how I want it, now I would take that over any sculpted cape.

The cape chain is plastic trash, and it?s so bad and I wish they did what sideshow done with their ROTJ Vader cape chain. The chain going around the cape def felt like cutting corners on such a simple piece and is a pain the backside to put on, but the light up features are never practical for any major statue company

This light up feature someone engineered would make this statue a 9/10 piece but the cape chain and light up features holds this statue back from being perfect, but sculpt, design, base and swap out features out numbers the small problems I have with this statue, as I never turn the lights on anyway. Plus it gives the option for space of not needing the lightsaber

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ax-iMCwrY&t=305s

The sentence structure in english is different than in german. in german we have a lot of more words to describe what we do, that makes it difficult to always use the correct word in English in connection with the following words. i dont know if you can understand that but i can't explain it better in english.

Wow ...what a mental case. Truly embarrassing to read this rambling. Can we please have a moderator remove his posts. They're excessive spamming at this point with no relevance to the topic and are cluttering the thread.

Wow ...what a mental case. Truly embarrassing to read this rambling. Can we please have a moderator remove his posts. They're excessive spamming at this point with no relevance to the topic and are cluttering the thread.

Agreed!

The light up features are hell to put on, if I could engineer a light up feature I would do what someone else done and have it all come on with a remote controls, but Im not talented to do that, now the cape Im fine with the cape, it suits the style they were going with and ive set my cape up just how I want it, now I would take that over any sculpted cape.

The cape chain is plastic trash, and it?s so bad and I wish they did what sideshow done with their ROTJ Vader cape chain. The chain going around the cape def felt like cutting corners on such a simple piece and is a pain the backside to put on, but the light up features are never practical for any major statue company

This light up feature someone engineered would make this statue a 9/10 piece but the cape chain and light up features holds this statue back from being perfect, but sculpt, design, base and swap out features out numbers the small problems I have with this statue, as I never turn the lights on anyway. Plus it gives the option for space of not needing the lightsaber

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ax-iMCwrY&t=305s

The IS fabric cape is in fact excellent for its purpose, not accurate, but good to futz to your liking. It is slightly larger than necessary but again you can put realistic looking folds and a natural flow into it and will look great in the end, and unique from statue to statue. And if you use a steamer on the IS cape, the final result will be amazing, as it is very easy to remove the creases compared to other fabrics. Not to mention the beautiful snow weathering on the cape.

As for electronics, I only use the 3 batteries in the base (Panasonic Eneloops) which light up the saber and the ground reflector light, never cared to use the tiny cell batteries for chest box and belt (just tried them once to see if they work).

The plastic chain is accurate to screen used garden/landscape plastic ties, and to be honest I didn't have that much trouble putting the cape on, despite removing it a few times for steaming.

Vader cape chain 1.jpg

The IS fabric cape is in fact excellent for its purpose, not accurate, but good to futz to your liking. It is slightly larger than necessary but again you can put realistic looking folds and a natural flow into it and will look great in the end, and unique from statue to statue. And if you use a steamer on the IS cape, the final result will be amazing, as it is very easy to remove the creases compared to other fabrics. Not to mention the beautiful snow weathering on the cape.

As for electronics, I only use the 3 batteries in the base (Panasonic Eneloops) which light up the saber and the ground reflector light, never cared to use the tiny cell batteries for chest box and belt (just tried them once to see if they work).

The plastic chain is accurate to screen used garden/landscape plastic ties, and to be honest I didn't have that much trouble putting the cape on, despite removing it a few times for steaming.

View attachment 513992

I actually forgot the chest piece even lights up! The lightsaber has a really nice look lit up, at least it did six months ago which was the last time I turned it on.

official pics look a lot better

If I didn't have IS Vader, I'd probably get this.

Light up saber, swap out arms and a wired cape.

Back