Statue Darth Vader Premium Format (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not egregious, but the gap between his shoulders and the bottom of the dome "shikoro" or whatever is a bit more than I'm used to.

View attachment 586542
That’s what I think is definitely throwing off the neck. 🤔🤔 I am with you tho, not egregious enough to just pass. Looks really good otherwise. Just posted some HTs for sale today so I can buy this

Annoying this is showing on preorder when it is shipping. Would love to use the 10% in stock coupon. Yes, I know they probably haven't shipped all orders, but still...

Annoying this is showing on preorder when it is shipping. Would love to use the 10% in stock coupon. Yes, I know they probably haven't shipped all orders, but still...
They’ll have that coupon again Black Friday and this should still be in stock by then with 4500 made.

Got mine on Friday and it's a really great piece in person. I actually like the base as it's different from the other Vader offerings and give you a definite Kenobi or Rogue One vibe. Light ups are really nice, although I wish the chest box just turned on with the main switch and not a HT-esque buried switch. I'll never light it up anyway so no big deal. Honestly, between this and the Iron Studios ESB Vader I have, I'm leaning toward this. I might actually looking into parting with my IS Vader depending on what he's getting on the secondary market...

I’d get this if it werent for that terrible base that doesn’t even appear in the original trilogy. Would it kill them to make a subtle base? Jesus Christ
In person I think the base looks really great. Mine is up on my highest shelf which about six feet up so I don't see the top of the base Vader is standing on, just the sides. To me it's a great representation of him in his castle from either R1 or OWK...

IS 1/4 Vader still best 1/4 Vader statue. SS needs to step up their dome sculpts and arm positions. Even the LSF has terrible sculpt.

The more pics I see the more I think the thing that bugs me is the amount of space between the bottom of the helmet and his shoulders.

My brain is just so used to seeing the helmet closer. I wonder if a simple mod to this, be it to the neck itself or padding the shoulders would help.

Various Vader Visages:
8Zf3hMEwft.jpg
QEVrlWcw31.jpg
1TdhZrsqri.jpg
R7yRn5HViV.jpg
5KAauMfXgp.jpg
XleJiBCg1v.jpg

The new PF:
DIrqf1qobH.jpg

Mind you, angles matter, but still. From down below this looks pretty good:
eW0vhW6V0T.jpg

Problem with a lot of Vader product is the dome is cut on the bottom straight across. SS loves doing it especially. Bottom of the dome is rounded and cut straight which gives the appearance of it looking short. SS needs to stop doing this.

Got mine on Friday and it's a really great piece in person. I actually like the base as it's different from the other Vader offerings and give you a definite Kenobi or Rogue One vibe. Light ups are really nice, although I wish the chest box just turned on with the main switch and not a HT-esque buried switch. I'll never light it up anyway so no big deal. Honestly, between this and the Iron Studios ESB Vader I have, I'm leaning toward this. I might actually looking into parting with my IS Vader depending on what he's getting on the secondary market...

I have it now too and while I really like it the Iron Studios is still king. Some of the sculpted details of the IS like the leather suit are just superior. Not a big knock against this statue though, it's still great and I love having the contrast of both ANH and ESB Vader and also an action oriented pose versus a more regal one.

The more pics I see the more I think the thing that bugs me is the amount of space between the bottom of the helmet and his shoulders.

My brain is just so used to seeing the helmet closer. I wonder if a simple mod to this, be it to the neck itself or padding the shoulders would help.
Yeah…I was verrry close to ordering this but after seeing online pics and some videos the back of the helmet bugs me too much tk be comfortable dropping $700 on this. Guess I’ll be waiting for the Mythos afterall

My 1/4 HT Vader and IS 1/4 Vader make it hard to justify any of these. Not feeling this one enough to buy it. Ah well.

Back