Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Mythos Vader today, but of course the main head I want to display it with (Vader's helmet) has a HUGE chip because the seller did not package that head covered in plastic, and it was rolling around. GRRR.

Overall the rest of the statue is perfect, but I still wrote him on ebay and showed the photos. The price was not cheap however I doubt I'll get a Vader again at this price so I don't want to send it back over this, but do need a partial refund. Anyway, it really detracts from the piece but here it is.
IMG_5021.jpg
IMG_5022.jpg

And here is the chip on the helmet...
IMG_5017.jpg
IMG_5018.jpg

That frickin sucks. Could you color it black somehow so it at least doesn't show as easy?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That frickin sucks. Could you color it black somehow so it at least doesn't show as easy?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes it does :vader.

I am waiting for his solution (he did at least quickly respond and seemed sorry about it) so if he does some kind of partial refund I might just get some glossy model paint and try to do a little touch up on it. I was thinking a sharpie initially but the paint is a gloss black so it would still stick out.

What kills me is the two Anakin heads and the arm holding Vader's helmet I could careless about he had covered in plastic, but not this head. Frustrating for sure.

Nice purchased just a disappointing discovery when u unpack. Hopefully you can touch it up. Def should refund you something.

Thanks, the seller was quite understanding and legitimately felt bad. He refunded me $100 and with what I already paid it was a steal getting this statue for what I did, as bad as the chip on the helmet sucks.

Once I figure out the best way to go about covering the chip I think I will be happy with this purchase. Right now I'm glad I got it but will feel better when it looks better.

Thanks, the seller was quite understanding and legitimately felt bad. He refunded me $100 and with what I already paid it was a steal getting this statue for what I did, as bad as the chip on the helmet sucks.

Once I figure out the best way to go about covering the chip I think I will be happy with this purchase. Right now I'm glad I got it but will feel better when it looks better.

Do you mind me asking what you got it for?

I have a complete Darth Vader Mythos statue body along with color display box and shipper. I was supposed to destroy it when I got my replacement from Sideshow years back. I didn't and they didn't ask, so it's been stored away in my garage. It has a crack along the lower front cape/cloak that is on the left side below his belt. Easily fixed I would think. Is it possible to trade it here.

That is an easy fix, and getting a 100 back is a score. Just get some paint to match it and your fine! 100 was high damn! good job lol! I sold my Mythos a while back for over 900 I made out. Plus I got the IS Vader, I like that a lot better, however mythos was cool!

I have a complete Darth Vader Mythos statue body along with color display box and shipper. I was supposed to destroy it when I got my replacement from Sideshow years back. I didn't and they didn't ask, so it's been stored away in my garage. It has a crack along the lower front cape/cloak that is on the left side below his belt. Easily fixed I would think. Is it possible to trade it here.

Id love to get my hand on the statue itself. I always said if I could get a damaged body I would repaint it to just be black.

mmexport1534093384705.jpg
mmexport1534093370601.jpg
mmexport1534093379558.jpg
mmexport1534093375020.jpg
Modified the medicom ROTS Vader and try to post like the Mythos Status.

I wish I could get my hands on the corrected force grip hand. The stock version has one angled the same direction as the saber and it makes no sense.

Back