Darth Dennis? Man Cave

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to build a custom display for some half scales and 1/4s what type of wood did you use just normal plywood and 2x4?

Also who made and or how did you make the glass case? I want to encase my hot toys infinity gauntlet and nano gauntlet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Really late reply to these questions. Sorry, don't come here often :)

Anyway, the shelves are all made with standard 2x4s and drywalled. I didn't use any wood for the shelving because the 2x4 studs were close enough together that the drywall can support anything. The glass case I got from a place called https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/. I had to make the bottom portion out of finished plywood and paint it black. Good luck!

Congratulations brother, that looks heavenly. Pure collector's heaven on earth.

I wish I had a basement. Amazing collection and awesome setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time finding acrylic to make cases for these.

Everything online is roughly 300+. Might just buy a sheet and built it my self.

What thickness are your acrylic cases?
58fda9a9bded574aa28e47c30fea576b.jpg

Plenty of online Youtube DIY videos. I haven't made one yet, but when it comes time I will. I think most are around 5mm thick.

Depends on size and shape too.

Plenty of online Youtube DIY videos. I haven't made one yet, but when it comes time I will. I think most are around 5mm thick.

Depends on size and shape too.
I'm just looking for a box to drop over them. I don't think it's hard to glue then togeather. Just gotta find the materials.

Ive just built myself an acrylic cube, it was fairly straight forward. The plastics company I used cut the acrylic to size and I used Methalyene Chloride (Plastic Weld) and a syringe, just a tiny bit between the 2 sheets and capillary action spreads it down the seam. Just be mindful its nasty stuff but used in a ventilated area with a mask and eye protection it should be fine. It melts the plastic to bond it together, so be careful not to use too much as it can mark the acrylic, or in my case it melted the mat I was working on which left a mark on the acrylic.

Ive just built myself an acrylic cube, it was fairly straight forward. The plastics company I used cut the acrylic to size and I used Methalyene Chloride (Plastic Weld) and a syringe, just a tiny bit between the 2 sheets and capillary action spreads it down the seam. Just be mindful its nasty stuff but used in a ventilated area with a mask and eye protection it should be fine. It melts the plastic to bond it together, so be careful not to use too much as it can mark the acrylic, or in my case it melted the mat I was working on which left a mark on the acrylic.
Awesome thank you. What thickness did you get?

Did you use mitered corners ?

Any photos ? Interested to see how it turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the nicest man cave i've ever seen! Incredible! Can we get married or become roomies? LOL

it really looks like a toys showcase store instead of a home. looks like TC has lots of space.

why not go into aquarium shops and ask for a glass case to be made? they are heavier but anti scratch.

why not go into aquarium shops and ask for a glass case to be made? they are heavier but anti scratch.
Costs a crap load more. I'm skipping the case right now due to covid. Prices and demand are sky rocketing.

When I built cases for my architectural models, you only need 1/4" for something as large as that gauntlet. 3/8" if you want to do something like what you see in SS booth. I wouldn't mitre the corners as the sanding will make them more milky. Unless of course you want to try to lightly polish them, which you can do with butt or lap corners as well. As mentioned, just use the weld and get it with the syringe bottle they sell with it. Don't be overzealous and let the capillary action do the work. Voila, you will have a case in no time.

Back