DarkSide: John Howe Signature Edition - The Witch King 1:4 & 1:3 (LOTR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since this piece seems to be the one they'll be releasing first, here's its own thread. Look HERE for the general license announcement thread and video.

hzL1Oef.png

If it does light up, seems like an added cost feature I would rather not have to pay for :lol maybe with this also being 1/4, this will get the value of the OG PF to go down some and I can buy that instead of this one

DarkSide Collectibles Studio said:
Good day to all our Tolkien fans.

We are pleased to share with you our approved designs of our first statue from the Lord of The Rings Morgoth Collection: The Witch-king of Angmar 1-4 Statue.

For months our production team has been working closely with John Howe to pose and design the most accurate version of the Witch-king in a stunning representation of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Holding his deadly skull-braker in one hand and his deadly sword on the other the scene is captured magnifically. The statue features interchangeable sword with flames and without.

With a surreal detail in the clothing and armor we are confident that all middle earth collectors will be satisfied.
We created a base which is a tribute to the character. The upper part represents the Pelennor fields ground and features the sword and helmet of fallen Theoden.

The lower part has been designed based on the original designs of John Howe for Minas Morgul and captures stunning details that are not even visible on screen. Minas Morgul the stronghold of the The Witch-king is surely the definitive base of the character.

There can be no Lord of The Rings without the appearance of a Ring of Power thus The Witch-king and Minas Morgul are bounded by the Ring of Power given by Annatar to the leader of the 9 before the forging of The One Ring.

DarkSide Collectibles Studio as true Tolkien fans we are here to deliver to all Middle Earth collectors a series of statues designed with the core essence of Tolkien’s legacy and not just a fancy scene.

Implementing information from the original books and the movie we aim to deliver true Artifacts worthy of the Legacy of Tolkien’s masterpieces.

Expected Release Date - December/January 2021

EUROPEAN ELITE MANUFACTURER

37VNx6J.jpg

345B4YK.jpg

MKbcwuL.jpg

Eu7UZ1e.jpg

9r1FtSQ.jpg

Qu3dLex.jpg

If it does light up, seems like an added cost feature I would rather not have to pay for :lol maybe with this also being 1/4, this will get the value of the OG PF to go down some and I can buy that instead of this one
Yeah, I would like to follow that path too. SS PF is an excellent statue, nice to have in the collection.

"The Witchking of Angmar"
Teasers...
1/4 Scale Statue & Ultra Limited 1/3 Scale Statue by DarkSide Collectibles Studio
EUROPEAN ELITE MANUFACTURER

JVZM1hx.jpg

FqY02qj.jpg

mEUTl1d.jpg

bykquiu.png

"The Witchking of Angmar"
VIDEO TEASER 2...

1/4 Scale Statue & Ultra Limited 1/3 Scale Statue by DarkSide Collectibles Studio

EARLY ACCESS RESERVATIONS (no payment is required) UNTIL MARCH 25th. ALL EARLY ACCESS REGISTERED COLLECTORS WILL HAVE A PRIORITY UPON RELEASE FOR PRE ORDER.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR NAME, SURNAME, COUNTRY, SCALE PREFERENCE UNTIL MARCH 25th TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS:
[email protected]

Facebook video

[/QUOTE]

Eh. Looks good but something about it is just kinda boring for me, which is on par with the other pieces DS have released or put up for PO so far. I can’t really put my finger on what it is. I think I like that the P1 pieces are more dynamic and show movement in the cloaks/clothing. I was curious which helmet was more accurate, this or the P1, and after rewatching the scene on YouTube where he attacks Theoden and Eowyn I didn’t realize that it changes back and forth literally from shot to shot. In some shots the front mandibles taper down and meet at a point just like the P1, and some other shots they are more open like this statue. A weird continuity thing I had never noticed after 20 years.

Eh. Looks good but something about it is just kinda boring for me, which is on par with the other pieces DS have released or put up for PO so far. I can’t really put my finger on what it is. I think I like that the P1 pieces are more dynamic and show movement in the cloaks/clothing. I was curious which helmet was more accurate, this or the P1, and after rewatching the scene on YouTube where he attacks Theoden and Eowyn I didn’t realize that it changes back and forth literally from shot to shot. In some shots the front mandibles taper down and meet at a point just like the P1, and some other shots they are more open like this statue. A weird continuity thing I had never noticed after 20 years.
Yes, it is very strange. I saw that years ago when I got my SS PF and ended up heating the helm to get the points to close as I prefer that look.

Back