Statue Darkside Collectibles: Terminator 2 - T-800 on Motorcycle 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are taking the mick, pushing their luck to see how many do end up paying silly amounts. Sideshow 1/4 collectible you get for around $300 - $500, that awesome dam toys terminator was around $500. so why the hell is this soo much? ok $500 for Arnie, base with lights and a bike another $700 that's $1200. any more can't justify it. Ok so its got his signature? so did CM T800, Also SS T3 Art, but the didn't add an extra $1000. on top.

I think they are taking the mick, pushing their luck to see how many do end up paying silly amounts. Sideshow 1/4 collectible you get for around $300 - $500, that awesome dam toys terminator was around $500. so why the hell is this soo much? ok $500 for Arnie, base with lights and a bike another $700 that's $1200. any more can't justify it. Ok so its got his signature? so did CM T800, Also SS T3 Art, but the did add an extra $1000. on top.

I think all the licensing might have hurt this some. Besides Arnie, you have Harley and who knows what else. Arnie's signature should have added $100 and I think it's going to be autosig anyway. I would have been more interested if this had been a T1 license. As it is, I just used the money I didn't spend on this to order the Iron Studios giant X-Men/Sentinel diorama, which incidentally was only $1699.

I was interested.....until the price was announced.:thud: **** that. For that ridiculous price, I expect Arnie himself at my front door handing me the box.:lol

And the Arnold Schwarzenegger signature being a reprint and not a real personalized signature is absolutely insane in the description that make it sound like it's a real signature. Don't trust this company at all

I think the company is legit, just a bunch of amuters running it. They should hire me to correctly guide them, lol. On thee Facebook page they are justyfiing the price by saying that the price is due to the fact that no one in 30 years have made a arnie on a bike because its such a complicated difficult process and expensive. To which I thought that's a load of BS. Just look at prime studios or as making those transformers with soo much detail and so many more complex statues out there. Also looking at prices of CM, Queen studios stuff or even Prime 1 studios, makes them sound like a bargain. This company is just out to rip off any die hard collector. No need to rush and order this they will have this I stock all the time at that price.

DarkSide Collectibles Studio said:
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
PRESS RELEASE

SIDESHOW BECOMES THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR FOR DARKSIDE COLLECTIBLES STUDIO?

DarkSide Collectibles Studio? welcomes an exciting new partnership with the global pop culture pioneer Sideshow!
Through this new collaboration, Sideshow will become the exclusive distributor of DSC Studio? items from fan-favorite franchises and licenses such as Star Trek, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil.

Since its inception in 1994, Sideshow has become the most prestigious and high-end collectibles company manufacturing statues and figures inspired by movies, comics, and pop culture characters. The company also distributes a variety of carefully curated products from other luxury collectibles makers, turning Sideshow.com into the premiere destination for fans looking to expand their own collections, no matter the fandom.

DarkSide Collectibles Studio? is a member of E.M.A. Legendary Collectibles Group Limited based in Europe. The company was founded in 1999 with the main purpose of selling and distributing collectibles. In 2018, the company expanded its business by signing manufacturing contracts with Studio Canal, Oak Productions, Paramount, CBS, and CAPCOM. The mission of DSC Studio? is to develop limited edition, highly detailed artifacts and offer the ultimate collector?s experience.

To celebrate the achievement of this new partnership, DarkSide Collectibles Studio? will debut two new statue launches through Sideshow.com, including the Leonard Nimoy as Captain Spock 1:3 Scale Museum Statue from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, and the T-800 on Motorcycle Limited Signature Edition 1:4 Scale Statue from Terminator 2: Judgment Day. The release date in Sideshow is Monday, 4th of November.

2char

What the? Are they insane? No way I will pay that much money for a piece like that. Especially cause they are totally unknown at this point. 2500euro? They lost their mind.

Lol that's what I said. Nearly fell off me chair!

I wonder if anyone has even placed an order yet for it. I know 1 so far, some dude from facebook.

To their credit, they are standing tall and answering all the criticism. Some companies just blow off comments they don't like, but they are making an effort. Not sure their answers are worth a hill of beans. I asked them on Facebook if making the bike diecast would make more sense from a breakage point (all those little polystone pieces, yikes) and from a price point. They said they could have done that and then given it cheap clothing instead of full sculpt for half the cost, but then it would be a cheap toy instead of a work of art.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see this selling well...especially on the PO side. You're taking a big gamble on an unknown company without seeing what a production piece looks like. Plus it just looks off. Also, what Harley doesn't have chrome on it? Looks to me like it's all painted silver.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see this selling well...especially on the PO side. You're taking a big gamble on an unknown company without seeing what a production piece looks like. Plus it just looks off. Also, what Harley doesn't have chrome on it? Looks to me like it's all painted silver.

They keep saying that they are using the same production facilities as XM and Prime 1. The quality should be the same regardless if it's a start up company or not. Not a defense of them by any means though. Still a ridiculous price.

They keep saying that they are using the same production facilities as XM and Prime 1. The quality should be the same regardless if it's a start up company or not. Not a defense of them by any means though. Still a ridiculous price.

That's interesting. I thought P1 operated their own factory. Unless they have outsourced recently.

Don't know about XM/Prime 1, they may have said so, but I did see them state they're using the same factories Cinemaquette/ECC do. Perhaps that's what you meant?

I would really like this, I just hope another company makes it at a more realistic price.

These are some pictures from Dario Barbera's FB page. He's the one who painted it. I have some of his stuff and it's excellent. I doubt production pieces would match this, but he does look better there. I still can't pay that price though.
73001316_2739409872777276_3333878757617303552_n.jpg
73251427_2739409699443960_9094070968371904512_n.jpg

Back