DarkCrownToys 1/6 Scale Burning Souls Chapter 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyekye

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I stumbled upon a 'puppet photographer Aj' photos on Weibo site.
The figure looks freakin' awesome, so I did some digging.
Apparently it was announced in 2021 February. It was limited set of 365 and kinda expensive. However, it was sold out in one day.

And it sounds like it's now being released.
I guess I can only look at the cool images now.

006c43sxgy1gn5mlfb7gzj30q61ivqv5.jpg

61ef2b3agy1hb0xoek7dnj20u01407d6.jpg

61ef2b3agy1hb0xofi1xwj20u0140dp9.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xogekmhj20u0140tio.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xokl6wtj20u0140gug.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xoiv9acj20u0140wo8.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xojsc1aj20u0140gut.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xocywlnj20u0160jzq.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xodp56aj20u0160jyl.jpg
61ef2b3agy1hb0xohaf78j20u014010r.jpg

And these are promotional images with Also awesome looking base.

Attachments

• 006c43sxgy1gn5mb76r0jj31110q64qp.jpg
    006c43sxgy1gn5mb76r0jj31110q64qp.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 006c43sxgy1gn5mb6r199j31110q61kx.jpg
    006c43sxgy1gn5mb6r199j31110q61kx.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
So I found a website still taking pre-orders for the deluxe (with base)
I pre-ordered and paid via Paypal. It sounds like they got it in stock since the order page changed to processing.
Then nothing for a week. I messaged them, I emailed them - Nothing.
I found their Ebay seller account, I sent message via Ebay account asking to respond to my email/messages - otherwise I'll have to cancel the order.
The next day, they canceled my order without asking.
I asked them to keep my order if they are getting the item for sure. - No answer.
I went back to their site, and they jacked up the price....(+ $200)
Another site to boycott (BrothersHobby - WTH)

Brothers Hobby has been around a long time and sometimes they offer figures that no one else sells at retail. I had a similar experience with them in that I ordered a figure for like $700 that had been on the market for at least a year or two. They sold it to me at the price quoted, but then jacked up the price for future customers. Bottom line, I have always gotten what I ordered from them and the shipping has not been outrageous

Brothers Hobby has been around a long time and sometimes they offer figures that no one else sells at retail. I had a similar experience with them in that I ordered a figure for like $700 that had been on the market for at least a year or two. They sold it to me at the price quoted, but then jacked up the price for future customers. Bottom line, I have always gotten what I ordered from them and the shipping has not been outrageous
Very interesting. So I should order it and just wait without bothering them?

And pay the extra money? That is your choice. Bottom line is this figure is not out yet, so any seller can claim anything. This will also be a super limited run, so when it does come out, even unreserved figures will go fast or just in the Asian market.

Pay the extra money if you need a guarantee you will get the figure, or keep an eye out online for any other retailer that may offer it. or ebay, but that is a big risk for a figure like this

And pay the extra money? That is your choice. Bottom line is this figure is not out yet, so any seller can claim anything. This will also be a super limited run, so when it does come out, even unreserved figures will go fast or just in the Asian market.

Pay the extra money if you need a guarantee you will get the figure, or keep an eye out online for any other retailer that may offer it. or ebay, but that is a big risk for a figure like this
Oh the figure IS OUT from earlier this month.
I think it's being released in small batches. And it looks like the shop is raising the price with every new batch.
I've never dealt with small production or so-called 'Art figures'
Other bigger online shops carried the figures from Dark Crown Toys a while ago, but they stopped carrying them. Maybe because of delays and complaints?
Now BrothersHobby seems like the only place taking orders. And maybe that why they have the attitude..
I just thought this particular figure looked cool, so I'll deal with it just once and try one more time.

Oh the figure IS OUT from earlier this month.
I think it's being released in small batches. And it looks like the shop is raising the price with every new batch.
I've never dealt with small production or so-called 'Art figures'
Other bigger online shops carried the figures from Dark Crown Toys a while ago, but they stopped carrying them. Maybe because of delays and complaints?
Now BrothersHobby seems like the only place taking orders. And maybe that why they have the attitude..
I just thought this particular figure looked cool, so I'll deal with it just once and try one more time.
Hi, any news from them? I love this figure so much, but this shop makes me so nervous; they keep raising the price regardless of their terrible service. Man, If it weren't for this beautiful piece, I would have let them get out of my life long ago.

Hi, any news from them? I love this figure so much, but this shop makes me so nervous; they keep raising the price regardless of their terrible service. Man, If it weren't for this beautiful piece, I would have let them get out of my life long ago.
I don't know much about the Dark Crown Toys or BrothersHobby shop..
Above user Bacon! mentioned he used the shop before, so I'm just trusting him for now (And Paypal 180 days buyer protection)
It seems like the shop receives a small batch (like 1 deluxe and few regular) each month and bump up the price 200 USD for their next batch.
Lat time I sent them email complaining their slow service and they just cancelled my order and refunded my money.
This time, I'm gonna just wait until they send the item. (If they actually do)

Only other option is Ebay which seller charges twice much already. (BrothersHobby also have Ebay account)

I don't know much about the Dark Crown Toys or BrothersHobby shop..
Above user Bacon! mentioned he used the shop before, so I'm just trusting him for now (And Paypal 180 days buyer protection)
It seems like the shop receives a small batch (like 1 deluxe and few regular) each month and bump up the price 200 USD for their next batch.
Lat time I sent them email complaining their slow service and they just cancelled my order and refunded my money.
This time, I'm gonna just wait until they send the item. (If they actually do)

Only other option is Ebay which seller charges twice much already. (BrothersHobby also have Ebay account)

Thanks for letting me know, i think i will try my luck this time because this figure is worth all the waiting, and i need it in my hands so I can sleep peacefully at night, damn..... Please update here if you get any news from them, thank youu <3

Last edited:
Firstly, I would not recommend BrosHobby to anyone after the order for this figure. Myself and 3 others who ordered this figure have had a lot of hardships the last year up until the release of it. Their CS is absolutely horrible. When asked for order updates they completely ignore you....for weeks to even months on end. This was the case for myself and the 2 others I've been in contact with who also ordered this figure years back.

Atrocious to nonexistent customer service and a complete hassle to get simple responses or updates regarding your order. That is what Brothers Hobby has given me during the last 1.5 years.

Their website also doesn't reflect changes to orders once deposits are paid from what I have experiencd. So that coupled with their complete lack of responses to questions or requests doesn't sit well.

I have the figure now. Thankfully nothing is wrong with it and I didn't have to deal with any replacement as that is a giant hassle. Multiply that by 10 if having to do it with BrothersHobby. The figure is a true work of art and for the original retail I paid back when it first went up for PO years ago, it is completely worth it.
Whether or not it's worth the recent grossly marked up prices Brothers Hobby is now charging, that is a different story however...

But more than likely, a figure like this will definitely be in demand in the coming years so one can only imagine what prices may end up being in the future.

It's such a shame that Brother's Hobby have a close connection with DarkCrownToys and that is why they're the main place this figure was able to be ordered from that also ships to other countries. I wonder if this will be the case for the future of this line as there are 3 more figures planned for it, the next being a woman.

After several inquiries sent on their site contact us tab, multiple emails to their CS team and FB messages to their page about updating my order info as I moved to Texas during the time this figure was in production and needed to update my address- in the end Brothers Hobby stated they will ban me.

Lol, lovely customer service and business model.
They provide horrible service, completely ignore many people for very long durations of time and then when you've voiced any complaints with this "service", they ban you?
AVOID.

I just wish the entire process leading up to be having this figure wasn't filled with annoyance and frustration due to Brothers Hobby.
Looking at their current ratings, it's apparent several people are voicing complaints about their experience as well.

If you're somehow able to get this figure elsewhere and for a not far from OG retail price, don't hesitate. It's that good.

Haven't had any time from work to take pics yet but I'll update when I do.

Firstly, I would not recommend BrosHobby to anyone after the order for this figure. Myself and 3 others who ordered this figure have had a lot of hardships the last year up until the release of it. Their CS is absolutely horrible. When asked for order updates they completely ignore you....for weeks to even months on end. This was the case for myself and the 2 others I've been in contact with who also ordered this figure years back.

Atrocious to nonexistent customer service and a complete hassle to get simple responses or updates regarding your order. That is what Brothers Hobby has given me during the last 1.5 years.

Their website also doesn't reflect changes to orders once deposits are paid from what I have experiencd. So that coupled with their complete lack of responses to questions or requests doesn't sit well.

I have the figure now. Thankfully nothing is wrong with it and I didn't have to deal with any replacement as that is a giant hassle. Multiply that by 10 if having to do it with BrothersHobby. The figure is a true work of art and for the original retail I paid back when it first went up for PO years ago, it is completely worth it.
Whether or not it's worth the recent grossly marked up prices Brothers Hobby is now charging, that is a different story however...

But more than likely, a figure like this will definitely be in demand in the coming years so one can only imagine what prices may end up being in the future.

It's such a shame that Brother's Hobby have a close connection with DarkCrownToys and that is why they're the main place this figure was able to be ordered from that also ships to other countries. I wonder if this will be the case for the future of this line as there are 3 more figures planned for it, the next being a woman.

After several inquiries sent on their site contact us tab, multiple emails to their CS team and FB messages to their page about updating my order info as I moved to Texas during the time this figure was in production and needed to update my address- in the end Brothers Hobby stated they will ban me.

Lol, lovely customer service and business model.
They provide horrible service, completely ignore many people for very long durations of time and then when you've voiced any complaints with this "service", they ban you?
AVOID.

I just wish the entire process leading up to be having this figure wasn't filled with annoyance and frustration due to Brothers Hobby.
Looking at their current ratings, it's apparent several people are voicing complaints about their experience as well.

If you're somehow able to get this figure elsewhere and for a not far from OG retail price, don't hesitate. It's that good.

Haven't had any time from work to take pics yet but I'll update when I do.
Like I said above, I totally understand your statement. Apparently this is the only shop you can order this item from US, and that's the only reason we have to deal with this nonsense.
Their mentioning of 3 more character coming is a good news and bad news for me.
Hopefully some other better/ more decent shop carries the next items from DarkCrownToys...

Looks like next one is the female Ninja version
006c43sxgy1go4de03xrej314x1reqv5.jpg

340955700_554526496780206_8152863556426476237_n.jpg

I just got mine about a week ago and its definitely a beautiful piece. The only thing i wish was done better. Is the body piece that goes into the skull. the tendrils are way to delicate.
Like I said above, I totally understand your statement. Apparently this is the only shop you can order this item from US, and that's the only reason we have to deal with this nonsense.
Their mentioning of 3 more character coming is a good news and bad news for me.
Hopefully some other better/ more decent shop carries the next items from DarkCrownToys...

Looks like next one is the female Ninja version
View attachment 633663
View attachment 633664

I just got mine about a week ago and its definitely a beautiful piece. The only thing i wish was done better. Is the body piece that goes into the skull. the tendrils are way to delicate.
Did you get yours from brothers hobby? If yes, do you mind posting your order number? you can X-out the last number.

Just received my deluxe set! (#36XX)
The base is huge!
This is hands down the best 1/6 scale figure I got to this date! Very impressed!
Will do some photo-shoot tomorrow.

I still don't understand brothers hobby's way of doing business. They never sent me shipping notice. It just came to my door today, and I checked to realize it was shipped 5 days ago.
Kinda sad people have to go throu them to order Dark Crown Toys items...
arrived01.jpg

Last edited:
got some time to do some photo-shoot of this awesome figure.
PXL_20230506_095305423.jpg

PXL_20230506_100239571.jpg

Kagekura Review_01 by kyewans, on Flickr

Kagekura Review_02 by kyewans, on Flickr
Comes with 2 Base board. small one, you can put in the Detolf.
Kagekura Review_03 by kyewans, on Flickr
Size comparison
Kagekura Review_03B by kyewans, on Flickr
Base Figure parts
Kagekura Review_04A by kyewans, on Flickr
Weapon parts
Kagekura Review_04B by kyewans, on Flickr
Various Head parts
Kagekura Review_05 by kyewans, on Flickr
Possible different combinations using head parts
Kagekura Review_06 by kyewans, on Flickr
Base figure on Magnetic Stand
Kagekura Review_07 by kyewans, on Flickr
The chest armor can be detatched
Kagekura Review_08 by kyewans, on Flickr
Amazing details on base body and Armor pieces
Kagekura Review_09 by kyewans, on Flickr
More detatcheable armors (even the tiny face on the back can be detatched - was using magnet)
Kagekura Review_10 by kyewans, on Flickr
Few pack-in stuff. stickers and serial number
Kagekura Review_11 by kyewans, on Flickr
Base figure
Kagekura Review_12 by kyewans, on Flickr
Figure on Deluxe Skull base
Kagekura Review_13 by kyewans, on Flickr
Very happy with the figure.
  • Design: 100 points
  • Sculpting:100 points
  • Articulation: 100 points
  • Accessories: 100 points