DARK TOYS DTM002 1/6 Scale ANTON DX Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received an email from TNS with reference to this figure.

Long time since I had anything from them so I haven't had one of these general emails before about delivery restrictions.

I'm not in a 'forbidden zone', but I wonder how long HK Post takes these days? My latest orders have been from One Sixth Kit who's been using 4PX, which takes 5 - 7 days.

Dear customers,

Please be informed that your previous pre ordered item: Dark Toys DTM002 1/6 ANTON deluxe figure will arrive next week and we are going to issue a paypal invoice for it.

However, due to the effects from coronavirus, HK post has suspended the shipping to certain countries as a result of a reduction of freight, therefore you may pay your invoice when shipping is resumed as we will notice you. Or you may pay your invoice now and we will reserve your package until shipping service resumes.

Meanwhile we can now only ship to: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, Poland, Mexico, Egypt, Japan, Philippines, Switzerland, Vietnam, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Portugal, Finland and Norway; local postal operations are still under the influence of the pandemic and delays in mail delivery are expected.

Please feel free to contact us if you are located in the country which is not mentioned above.

One more thing, please let us know if you have recently changed your delivery address as well.

Thank you for your continuous support. Stay safe!

--
Best Regards,
TNS Figures

Not sure if it's flash but jacket looks blue. Definitely looks like a good set though.

It definitely looks lighter than Star Toys', but it's also bigger and better fitting. The Star Toys is a bit snug.

Catch-22. Though the Dark Toys could be... darkened.

The smiling sculpt is weird looking.

It was a weird expression by Javier Bardem to begin with. lol

Hard to say for sure, but it looks like the same sculpt Star Toys used. It's almost certainly distorted by the camera, which is often the case when a retailer also takes a quick open box shot.

Will be fun to have both figures in hand and see what's best from each set.

Star Toys came with the russet coloured trousers, which would work with the shotgun (since the captive bolt gun goes only with the black trousers).

Actually came to say I got the email & invoice too. (TNS)

Idk, just from pre-order previews, I always thought the Dark Toys one looked better than the StarToys one.

The photo of the second head is too elongated (I am afraid the sculpt is worse than the Star Toys):
578ed02b26049bae6860b266fd193fcd--anton-vida-real.jpg

Colour wise, it is good enough (the ideal would be something in-between the two versions):
73b13e0895bde7f997f35078aa587d55.jpg

I think it's the fact it has a neck the position is off but maybe not so bad once fitted. Looks like herman munster 😂

None the less looks main figure and sculpt paint look great.

An unboxing review by ivenxian on the BBICN forum:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=378491
It just arrived today, and the character image is based on the killer Antong in the movie [Old Nowhere]. Simply take a picture and share it out of the box. The color box is not very big, does not occupy space, two-layer packaging, double-headed carving. The main character first felt that the head sculpt was okay, but it didn't collapse much. The highlight was that the smiley head was actually improved a lot compared to the official picture. It was a little surprise! It has a lot of images than the official image, and it seems that the manufacturer has improved in the later period. The weapon gas bottle is made of alloy. The body used in general feels a bit unsuitable and not very good. You need to upgrade it yourself in the later stage. The other accessories will not be shot one by one. Let's take a look.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

Comparing these sculpts with Star Toys' to see if they differ more than just one lacking a neck isn't easy, as ivenxian's shots look unreliable, in that they're over lit and possibly distorted. However, I get the impression that the smile is broader on Dark Toys'.

The profile shots are more conclusive as the hair strands are different between the two companies.

Horrible pictures, I mean.. is it that hard??

Standard sculpt looks bad in these pictures, we need more to assess if Deckard will suck too :ROFLMAO:

Horrible pictures, I mean.. is it that hard??

Standard sculpt looks bad in these pictures, we need more to assess if Deckard will suck too :ROFLMAO:

They're the first and only person to post in hand photos on BBICN, and was probably to eager to snap the pictures and get them uploaded.

Their words are probably more telling than the images, though they come through Google's translator. They seem to be saying that the standard sculpt didn't downgrade much from the proto, and, "The highlight was that the smiley head was actually improved a lot compared to the official picture."

I ran the text through a different translator and got this, which makes some parts of it better, and others worse:

The main character first feels the head sculpture is OK, not so bad, the highlight is to find that the smiling head is a lot better than the official chart, a bit of a surprise! Compared with the official image a lot, seems the factory later is improved. Weapon inflatable bottles are alloyed, the general use of the body feel a bit bad, is not very good, need to upgrade themselves later on, the other accessories will not be shot, let's put together

Think the jacket and shirt is not as good as Star toys. The regular head looks as good as a custom head for $800 though

Anyone had any further movement on the figure from TNS?

Haven't heard or seen anything since paying the balance on 17th October.

Still nothing from TNS, and no response to an email yet. :impatient:

I knew they could be awkward, and this order was a last resort option at the time.

It has been my experience with Asian sellers post Covid that selecting the slowest/cheapest shipping method could delay delivery upwards of 2 months.

In other news, I was able to get the Star Toys version of this character from a site called One Sixth Corner last week and it is on its way to me now

It has been my experience with Asian sellers post Covid that selecting the slowest/cheapest shipping method could delay delivery upwards of 2 months.

In other news, I was able to get the Star Toys version of this character from a site called One Sixth Corner last week and it is on its way to me now

It would be nice if they actually put the figure in the post. :lol

Back