[Dark Toys] Axel Foley From Beverly Hills Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been no news from Redman since the moment they announced it on Facebook.

In fact there's been no comments by anyone on the announcement there for 46 weeks.

Is it typical for Redman to go dark like this with their previous figures?

Looks like this is getting released

TNS sent invoice out, due Jan 24th

Hoping this will not turn out to be the worst figure in my collection

Attachments

• GIFs-20231353439.gif
    GIFs-20231353439.gif
    288 KB · Views: 0
I just paid my Giantoy invoice for this! I'm really looking forward to this one! I've had a custom headsculpt just waiting for almost 2 years... Eddie is probably my favorite comedian of all time and I grew up on all his movies. It's going to be sick!

I just paid my Giantoy invoice for this! I'm really looking forward to this one! I've had a custom headsculpt just waiting for almost 2 years... Eddie is probably my favorite comedian of all time and I grew up on all his movies. It's going to be sick!

I didn't get my invoice from TNS.

Starting to worry now.

after deckard this time Ill wait until I see in hand pics

always wanted an Axel figure but I dont trust dark toys, im also hoping that at least it can be a decent set overall

Just got my tracking info from Giantoy so it won't be too long now.

This figure finally arrived! Happy with the body, clothes, and accessories, but the sculpts are pretty bad. I will be doing some "futzing" and adding the custom sculpt later today...
IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

This figure finally arrived! Happy with the body, clothes, and accessories, but the sculpts are pretty bad. I will be doing some "futzing" and adding the custom sculpt later today...
View attachment 619095
View attachment 619096
View attachment 619097

View attachment 619098
The neutral/slight smirk one isn’t too bad, a bit soft in terms of paint apps.
I really like the custom sculpt - that is Mr Murphy, not sure about it’s paint apps either 🧐
That smiling one - ouff 👀

I really like the custom sculpt - that is Mr Murphy, not sure about it’s paint apps either 🧐

agreed, the neutral expression sculpt (the one on the right) probably has the most resemblance to Eddie Murphy.

I wish the grinning one was better because thats the expression I think of from Beverly Hills Cop.

this 3rd party is more affordable than the customs but the tradeoff is the weak sculpt.

Thanks! The custom definitely looks better in hand. That last picture I took with my phone looks to have blown out some of the color. The picture above that one shows how it looks to the eye... Here it is on the shelf after some futzing
image_50448385.JPG
image_50383361.JPG
image_50782465.JPG

Are the clothes too big, or the sculpt too small?
I think it looks pretty proportionate. The pants are a little baggy for the 80's, but the coat is great. I do have the arms/shoulders flared outward a bit for the pose though...

Back