Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This always happens -- first run or two of these knock-off heads are great and well painted, then once word is established they start using cheaper, faster painters... and the castings will get sloppier over time as they burn the cast.

That said, the head is still a huge improvement over the original.

Just arrived. Will be fixing up Deckard later today. Out of the package it looks 10x better.
65AFD479-B857-4B2F-9B57-A973EBCB27FA.jpeg

I received my second Deckard sculpt late last week and while there are some very very slight differences in paint apps, it is the eyes that are really painted differently, particularly the color. The new one is trying to capture the lighter, greener shade. The original's eyes are darker.

The original (on the left) does appear to have slightly better detailing overall, in the paint work. You can tell in the hair and eyebrows, along with some additional variations in skin tones. But both look good in-hand.

Deckard sculpts sm.jpg

Yeah, I think you can see the beginnings of the falloff pretty clearly here, Fly. Not just the eye detail, but the eyebrows are much simpler now, the hair color is flatter, less 5 o'clock shadow.

Yeah, I think you can see the beginnings of the falloff pretty clearly here, Fly. Not just the eye detail, but the eyebrows are much simpler now, the hair color is flatter, less 5 o'clock shadow.
Yep, I agree. Those were my exact points in comparing the two. But to be honest, the differences are quite slight, in hand. I would still recommend picking one up, as it is a definite upgrade over the stock sculpt.

I've reordered the recast head off AliExpress three times already, but the seller never follows through with shipping it on time, which is unfortunate, because they had it up for $23.

Back