Dark Horse Direct/1000toys 1/12th HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised. He showed up today.
abd03d146060f2653034f77dfc5219b6.jpg
7ad259cb46095a76115b20fb4e15ce7a.jpg
5fb63ca0490eac84261580a215ae2dee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Finally got mine today, and I have some very mixed feelings about it.

While it's a very nice figure, it's incredibly hard not to compare it to the Mezco version that was released 12 years ago.

This new figure is visually more accurate to the comics, but the stylized Mezco Hellboy still has more texture and "personality" to it.

And here's the weird part: having the two figures right in front of you, the Mezco Hellboy feels considerably more solid and and well made; the coat is heavier and nicer and the accessories are much more detailed

And yet, the 1000 Toys Hellboy costs $120 compared to the Mezco's original price of $25. (At least that's what I think I remember paying for it.)

At the end of the day, it's a really nice Hellboy figure and I do really like it, but it feels massively overpriced, especially compared to the Mezco version.

hellboy_fig1.jpg

Last edited:
I still havent got my exclusive, emailed DH, and they said they are doing it in order of preorder, I ordered quite late nearly at the end, and they reckon it will arrive end of july , start of june, bit of a joke I think. I asked them how may people got the exclusive, and they replied 2800.

Mine arrived but I've been on vacation all week and won't be home until tomorrow. I want to like it but it really seems underwhelming, especially in that comparison photo. The RHOD looks so cheap, like a Lego block.

My Chinese copy arrived this morning. Plenty of accessories (flames sword, horns...). Fromm the pictures it looks 100% similar to the real one. Honestly, it’s a great figure, but problem not worth the asking price.

Ok Guys tried to contact them on FB regarding if this line will continue, and no response, they seem to have a very poor PR people, anyone have any info, I suppose well see something next week hopefully.

Agreed. DH exclusive seems better. Not worth a rebuy for a t-shirt.

Not sure what this PX business is? And will DH do an Abe exclusive?

I believe it's possible since there have been many versions of abe they can do. If they decided to do Abe battle damaged it would be cool hell had they done a BD Hellboy with new head sculpts and torn coat and different accessories that might have been worth the buy. But so far I'm cool with this release now i can't wait for Lobster Johnson. It's only right that they start making more characters from the comic.

PX is like the distributor for comic shops (from what I understand), and they get exclusives. It meant a lot more when people shopped for toys in Toys R Us more rather than ordering online, also these types of toys will never hit regular stores, so yeah, doesn't mean much. Amazon has even gotten PX exclusives before, they're available at like every site.

Back