Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I don’t think anyone is going to get their head smashed by a car door many times, I think there is the potential for a decent amount of brutality given what we have seen in other MCU films and tv shows. So maybe one car door smash rather than twenty?

While I don’t think anyone is going to get their head smashed by a car door many times, I think there is the potential for a decent amount of brutality given what we have seen in other MCU films and tv shows. So maybe one car door smash rather than twenty?
The MCU has a very specific tone though, and I’m kinda tired of it at this point.

Unless this is a direct continuation of the Netflix series and adopts everything that made it so special then I don’t really see a need for this.

To me the Netflix Daredevil is probably the best superhero series ever.

Get excited guys, these lead writers have an amazing track record!

CD3F2BF7-BEE8-4DDB-8D4D-00D72CD3E50C.jpeg

Get excited guys, these lead writers have an amazing track record!

View attachment 577998
You just broke my sarcasm detector! I needed it later today.

I think in terms of live action I can’t think of any great super hero show. Some like Daredevil came close, but there were definite periods where it ground to a halt and keep repeating its themes without moving forward. Keep hearing great things about The Boys, haven’t got to it yet.

Is this a continuation or a reboot?
I'm glad to get more DD with this cast, but concerned of the possible tonal shift. Hope all the leads are returning.
Why couldn't they just get the writers from Season 3?

Last edited:
Will it have Karen Page ugly-crying with snot running out of her nose for half the runtime like the Netflix series did?

If so, then sign me up!!

If this is true, then this is great news;

Disney's New Daredevil Series Will Reportedly Be A Continuation Of The Original Netflix Series

This does make sense, especially seeing as they have just launched all three seasons of the original show on Disney+. Plus the fact that the Netflix series was, and continues to be, extremely popular and is a definitive take on the character for many.

The third season ended with such promise for an epic Daredevil/Bullseye story. I hope we can now finally see that in all it's glory as originally intended. Hopefully this is not a Disney sanitised version. Prepared for the reality that it will be, though.

Although, if it is indeed a continuation of the original Netflix series (and therefore technically part of the MCU), I hope it doesn't necessarily make reference to things like Thanos or The Snap or any other grand scale space/mystical stuff. Daredevil works best at a more grounded level - comic book and TV series alike.

I'd prefer Disney make their own, unrelated MCU show so there's no risk of them ruining the legacy of the Netflix show. I just don't trust Disney, as none of their MCU shows have been in the ballpark of Daredevil. I'm happy to be wrong though.

Although, if it is indeed a continuation of the original Netflix series (and therefore technically part of the MCU), I hope it doesn't necessarily make reference to things like Thanos or The Snap or any other grand scale space/mystical stuff. Daredevil works best at a more grounded level - comic book and TV series alike.
Didn't season 1 reference the battle of New York in Avengers 2012? And I feel like there were individual references to Hulk and Thor. So I don't think that show considered itself separate from the wider MCU - it's just that, as with Agents of Shield, the referencing only went one way.

I thought NF Daredevil had some truly great moments but the writing kinda meandered and fell apart at points, character inconsistency, lack of payoffs etc.

Even so, I agree with those who have no faith in Disney to give us a resonant and consistent series.

Didn't season 1 reference the battle of New York in Avengers 2012? And I feel like there were individual references to Hulk and Thor. So I don't think that show considered itself separate from the wider MCU - it's just that, as with Agents of Shield, the referencing only went one way.

Yeah I remember Wesley in season one mention the words "suit of armor and magic hammer" :lol

Back