Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TV-MA is not the same as a "hard R."

It seems that basic cable can get away with almost anything.....multiple "F-bombs," and graphic gratuitous violence, and even steamy simulated sex scenes, but they'll use CGI if they have to in order to make sure nobody ever sees a glimpse of bare woman's nipple.

That tiny detail seems to be the line that separates basic cable and the "paid cable" channels in the United States.

People from other countries will probably think I'm exaggerating, but hey, remember: our country was founded by Puritans after all.

As far as concerns about tonal shift, It's not about ratings; nudity(which was minimal to none) or violence (which is not much more than Disney has), I'm talking about losing the actual better developed plots, better choreographed fights and action, compelling character arcs, more interesting and empathetic villains and foils.
To become more Disney caricatures of themselves, which is what we saw happen to Kingpin, used as a joke out the gate.

Last edited:
This and Blade are my most anticipated release in Phase 5.... I agree, i'm a little worried about how they portrayed Kingpin in Hawkeye and who knows how Echo is going to change him further... we'll see.

This will be MK territory. I don't see the violence getting any worse than that. Deadpool 3 might be the only new material that goes R. But to replace the violence, there will be more superhero abilities like leaping from building, CGI hearing, interacting with other street level characters. Just think of Kingpin in Hawkeye, absorbing a car at full speed, arrows in the chest, and an explosive at close range. They didn't show the bullet to the head.

I just need that classic red DD suit, Kingpin and perhaps a comic Cage and Ironfist look. I'll take a Classic Punisher big time. With 18 episodes, you never know who will show up. She Hulk has 9 eps and you've already seen Hulk, Abomination, Wong and DD.

This will be MK territory. I don't see the violence getting any worse than that. Deadpool 3 might be the only new material that goes R. But to replace the violence, there will be more superhero abilities like leaping from building, CGI hearing, interacting with other street level characters. Just think of Kingpin in Hawkeye, absorbing a car at full speed, arrows in the chest, and an explosive at close range. They didn't show the bullet to the head.

I just need that classic red DD suit, Kingpin and perhaps a comic Cage and Ironfist look. I'll take a Classic Punisher big time. With 18 episodes, you never know who will show up. She Hulk has 9 eps and you've already seen Hulk, Abomination, Wong and DD.
Yeah I was thinking which other characters they might bring from the Netflix shows (and actors please as they were all pretty good).

Yeah I was thinking which other characters they might bring from the Netflix shows (and actors please as they were all pretty good).
I'd take all of them. I don't think I disliked one single supporting actor. But regarding Iron Fist, pretty obvious fans don't like Finn Jones. Feige should have a talk with him about it. Maybe the direction/writing made him unappealing and a new direction would be better. Or if he isn't interested, to just cast someone different. CGI/stuntmen might make him more Iron Fisty like he should be. That's the only tough call with the whole Netflix Marvel.

As I've posted before, I'm not a big comic book guy. I read Spiderman and Xmen in the 80's but that was it. Watched very little of the comic book movies that have swarmed cinemas in the last 20 years.
70's Superman, 89 Batman, Xmen 2, The Dark Knight is more or less the only ones I watched. Recently watched The Batman. That was OK. Could have stood to be 30 mins shorter though.
I did however, watch DD on Netflix. That show was great.
Not interested in the Disney version though.

67514022-B1F4-4ABC-ABD3-931985DD2F9A.jpeg
8DCE2FB2-7606-4F08-A4C7-1E4295BAC7A9.jpeg

From the Shulkie thread, legit red-flag worth reposting here-
So Netflix has Daredevil for 4 years and uses all practical effects.

Disney puts him in his suit for one trailer and his first appearance is awful cgi flip

400728-676FF0BF-FFEC-47A6-B851-D230DBD3EBC9.gif

******* Disney
Watch as the action transitions from the practical gritty, real weight fights the series was known for and celebrated, to the supernatural weightless caricature powers.

As far as concerns about tonal shift, It's not about ratings; nudity(which was minimal to none) or violence (which is not much more than Disney has), I'm talking about losing the actual better developed plots, better choreographed fights and action, .....

Last edited:
From the Shulkee thread, legit red-flag worth reposting here-
Can’t wait to see him going down a corridor, camera cuts with every single movement of his body, hitting people once and watching the drop to the floor as he (a normal man with heightened sense) doesn’t break a single sweat.

6p5cj2.gif

d0ff97b2-8e8d-4a67-a35a-cd44fb2ddeb4-jpeg.593089

ATTACH=full]593089[/ATTACH]
Never thought I would dig that look in live action form, but I actually do without seeing it in full.

Maybe this is the fallout from Bullseye where he needs a different look to separate himself from the other suit.
Agree, that's likely how they'll play it. Last time anyone saw the Red it was Bullseye/Poindexter.
So this is Matt starting over.
Although I do hope the red & yellow is just the first arc, as he eventually reclaims and goes back to the all red (red & black).

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see him going down a corridor, camera cuts with every single movement of his body, hitting people once and watching the drop to the floor as he (a normal man with heightened sense) doesn’t break a single sweat.
I so hope you're wrong but on every level believe you're probably correct.:cautious:

https://thedirect.com/article/daredevil-disney-netflix-show-exclusive
"using a less-serious tone than Daredevil."
we get to see a lighter side of that character."
That's fine so long as it's mostly for the She hulk cameo, if he's put in some awkward/funny situations, both as a hero and a lawyer. Though as long as he reacts to these outrageous situations as his recognizable self, and not dumbed down just for a laugh.
As such, Daredevil's lean towards the lighter side of things may be more indicative of the show itself than the character going forward. ...it seems that She-Hulk's less serious approach won't necessarily extend into the tone of Daredevil: Born Again
And hopefully that last bit is true, and it won't extend into Born Again.
Rumors have already suggested that not only will Daredevil be a significant part of the show, but also that he will be back in a red and black costume to boot. .
Yes, likely the red and yellow is only for his re-intro, and he inevitably switches back to the red and black going into his own series arc in Born Again.

Last edited:
The reason I like his yellow red costume reveal is because I can’t believe they actually made that corny comic book outfit work on the screen lol

Back