Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don’t know how they are going to do it, also considering parts of this story were included in DD season 3 (but not Karen’s drug addiction and spilling the beans on Matt). The only way to do this story is no holds barred but I just can’t see that happening.
Maybe should‘ve kept it on Netflix

I love DD, but I just don't trust Disney. I hope they prove me wrong, but they haven't yet in Phase 4 except for NWH and that only half counts.

Much of Born Again was already mined for Season 3 of Netflix DD, more people really need to watch that.
While it's great to have the lead Netflix cast back, the inevitable tonal shift to Disney+ is a legit concern.
Also if using the same cast and supposedly ongoing story, not sure why they didn't just re-hire the season 3 writers to keep DD going, instead of completely switching gears?

Unless this is a reboot, then call it that. Not a continuation.

Already Kingpin when appearing in Disney's Hawkeye was somewhat oddly reintroduced and used for a different take, cartoonishly powered up, and simultaneously punching-bag clowned.
6h86hq.gif

While it was great to see D'Onofrio back as Fisk, out the gate Disney's take on him was to see and use him as a one note joke.
Feels like such a different character, already, makes me a bit concerned for the rest.

Further the continuing Daredevil Disney showruners can now almost to easily (and lazily) write off any other character and plot inconsistencies , as - it's ok because these are actually "variant" versions of the characters, from a Multiverse.

If that's the case that's fine, yet they should just call it a reboot from the go, with no pretense it's a season 4 continuation of Daredevil.

That said, while the shift might be jarring, and doubt they can get to the level of quality Netflix did, judging by other Disney+ shows so far, still looking forward to see what they do come up with, and hoping the best for the cast of the original series, theirs was the show that deserved another season the most, it is great to have them back! :wink1:

Last edited:
Fans just need to move past the fact that Netflix DD was hard R and MCU is for families.

Disney owns the character not Netflix.

We will NEVER EVER get the gritty Netflix version in the MCU.

Time to move on from those needs lol

Attorneys at outLaw ....

DD in SheHulk trailer.
6nr6cr.gif

Is there yellow in that costume?

6nrc7t.gif

Last edited:
Fans just need to move past the fact that Netflix DD was hard R and MCU is for families.

I mean I'll move on, but that involves just not bothering with it.

With the parental controls on Disney+, we might come close to having a gritty series in the MCU but I agree that it won't be like Netflix's version.

All I can say is I dread what Disney will do to Daredevil…

Disney+ does not have a single decent Marvel series. Not one even worth watching. While Daredevil season 1, 2 and most of 3 is inarguably the greatest live action superhero series ever made.

First look at Disney's Daredevil!
6nr6cr.gif

Do we need a thread merge here? - Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Is there yellow in that costume?

6nrc7t.gif
8xnc6e1mehd91.jpg

6nu8tj.jpg

Not sure if that image is over saturated?

6nubig.jpg

I do somewhat like the nod to his original look, but hope it's just temporary. And he goes back to the all red.

Although his starting out proto-hero all black Zorro look, with the blood stained taped fists, has become my favorite, if they'd just add some more red throughout, D's to the chest, stenciled red horns splatter outline to the black bandana, I could go for it being an alt. regular look.
marvel-2018-nycc-marvels-daredevil-season-3-poster-for-autograph-1136342.jpeg

6o68nm.jpg

6o67mk.gif

Last edited:
All I can say is I dread what Disney will do to Daredevil…

Disney+ does not have a single decent Marvel series. Not one even worth watching. While Daredevil season 1, 2 and most of 3 is inarguably the greatest live action superhero series ever made.
To each their own, but I think that's an overly harsh assessment. Wandavision, Loki, and Hawkeye were all excellent I think. The rest were various levels between good and passable.

To each their own, but I think that's an overly harsh assessment. Wandavision, Loki, and Hawkeye were all excellent I think. The rest were various levels between good and passable.
After seeing Hawkeye and what they did to kingpin, frankly, I’m not being harsh enough.

Yea those Netflix shows never seemed like they fit into the mcu despite them making comments that it was. I just never saw it that way. I’m fine with that universe just being a pocket universe of sorts . Seems like agents of shield isn’t all that canon either .

I thought I saw somewhere that Disney+ will have an R rated section because they’re adding Deadpool and Deadpool 2 to streaming soon

Yup ... they already have (as of last Friday). Logan is on there, too.
Plus, all of the Netflix shows have been on there for months, and they're all rated TV-MA.

Back