Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can say this is a continuation if they want, but it wont matter if they adopt the usual MCU tone.

That's my concern, great to have the Netflix cast back, yet the tonal shift to Disney is a legit concern.
Kingpin was already clowned in Hawkeye. (used as a cartoon inflatable-punching-bag)
6h86hq.gif

While it was great to see D'Onofrio back as Fisk, out the gate Disney saw him and used him as a one note joke, it felt like a different character.

Sadly if that's their approach, the continuing Daredevil Disney showruners (and fans) could lazily write off any other character and plot inconsistencies from the previous show, as it's ok because these are actually "variant" characters, from a Multiverse.
It just becomes a lazy excuse.

If that's the case, they should just call it a reboot from the go, and not pretend it's a season 4 continuation of Daredevil.

Last edited:
Could be that they're reframing the Netflix seasons as part of the Multiverse. So the same actors can play new versions of the characters without reference to the events of or even the tone of the Netflix show.

Could be that they're reframing the Netflix seasons as part of the Multiverse. So the same actors can play new versions of the characters without reference to the events of or even the tone of the Netflix show.
**** the multiverse, cheap cop-out.

As it stands I have 0 faith in this project, or any upcoming MCU project to be honest.

Probably, which is good as they don't have to reboot or necessarily retcon or refer to other events as it might have played out differently in that universe. Let the fans decide which one is canon for them

This is going to have to be a continuation since the netflix show is directly tied to the MCU universe, right?

They've already introduced Matt and Fisk from the netflix series in other MCU properties.

But didn’t they kinda change Kingpin’s background/history in Hawkeye? Like shoving 20 squares into 1 round peg.

Didn't season 1 reference the battle of New York in Avengers 2012? And I feel like there were individual references to Hulk and Thor. So I don't think that show considered itself separate from the wider MCU - it's just that, as with Agents of Shield, the referencing only went one way.

Oh yes they did, but they were such fleeting references, more like passing comments. They didn't really impact or drive the story. The Daredevil series successfully existed on it's own despite being part of the wider MVU and having those small references thrown in. Somebody could watch the series without seeing any MCU movies and still get a good story from Daredevil.

I guess what I mean is, I hope there are no explicit or literal occurrences of grand scale mystical or space elements in this series. I want Daredevil to continue existing on it's own.

Last edited:
Probably not lol. I must have filled in imaginary blanks, I just couldn’t work out if he was out of prison why on earth he was working in a basement, it just didn’t gel to me.
Probably got out somehow during the chaos of the snap.

Bring on Bullseye! Would love to see that lunatic in live action
If you haven't you should actually watch the series (unless you just mean under the Bullseye moniker), his was one of the better tragic story arcs and downfalls. He's already a much better developed "villain" than anything Disney put out.

6kkbr7.gif

Would love to see him back for S4, though I don't have high hopes for Disney's likely more generic take.

This supposed "continuing" show is being set up to garner two possibly very divided audiences, those that watched, and want to hold true to what was developed at Netfix, and those that will jump on with the Disney take, thinking why are they bothering to reference a show I didn't even watch, and won't care about what came before.

Last edited:
Had no idea it is based on the frank Miller story arc..That was one of my favorite storylines for DD

this could be mindblowing intense..How will Disney handle the adult content and violence of the storyline :eek: :eek:

I honestly don’t know how they are going to do it, also considering parts of this story were included in DD season 3 (but not Karen’s drug addiction and spilling the beans on Matt). The only way to do this story is no holds barred but I just can’t see that happening.

I don't care about how they portray anything. Let's be honest guys. The best news out of this is the fact we'll be getting lots of new Daredevil figures.

Back