Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish we'd gotten more out of DAM, their Leon was great, and if that Hunk really was theirs he's cool too, little innaccurate but 85% there. Would've loved to see them do Carlos.

Trying to hold out for Damtoys, but they don't seem to do female figures much.... tempted to buy those 3rd party Ada and Claire sets.

Trying to hold out for Damtoys, but they don't seem to do female figures much.... tempted to buy those 3rd party Ada and Claire sets.
I don't think thye have teh license anymore, and we still don't know why HUNK was 3rd party. I would go for the best 3rd party Claire at this point, the one I think Project A posted was teh best version, it's not out yet though, right?

Just got Leon, and it's surprisingly a keeper.
Now to find a place for him with some environmental accessories.

Thank you for all the posts on "how-to" gear up the belt.

IMG_20210905_223705~2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, @faker .
I didn't get Hunk ... because it wasn't under DAM / VTS :dunno(got bad experience with new studios/brands).
I'm good with having only Leon, but if they announce others I would definitely consider getting them.

Last edited:
Thank you, @faker .
I didn't get Hunk ... because it wasn't under DAM / VTS :dunno(got bad experience with new studios/brands).
I'm good with having only Leon, but if they announce others I would definitely consider getting them.

Not sure if you've followed the discussion in this thread but that Hunk figure is very likely from DAM, they just released it under a new name to get around licensing. I'd guess that they made a prototype for Hunk and Capcom didn't want to release it, or it was easy for them to build the figure using the molds from Leon so they made it as a way to get more money out of their investment without having to pay royalties.

Thank you, @faker .
I highly recommend him if you're into RE collectibles (if you can still find him for a decent price). The "Reaper" is definitely not one to miss!
And I think most collectors that have him can admit there are very many (good) Damtoys type coincidences with that figure. Pretty sure Dam had a lot to do with the production.
The only downside is some of the belt-latch type clips break easily. Just something to keep in mind when setting him up.
And also the head/helmet mod, which is super easy to do. (y)

20210619_015038.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, @faker .
I was with you in the same boat, until I found out that "ekuaz" is probably DAM and there was some issue with the licensing given how weird capcom is with the resident evil merch rights.

He has teh same body, weapons, armor parts, guns, and even retooled leon hands. Having him in hand, it's clear he's from the same place as Leon. Same quality, same feel. Only downside is his chest rig isn't yellow, the clips are a bit inaccurate, on it, the holster isn't black, and the helmet/gasmask is not 1:1 to the game.

Seems like a lot wrong, but honestly, he's a real great figure and too close to pass up, he's going for a mint now though.

Thank you all for the suggestion. Yes, I have read and also believe that ekuaz is DAM - but this was after the release.
I don't see it being sold locally at all and don't really prefer ordering from aboard - so might have a look again later this year.

Thank you all for the suggestion. Yes, I have read and also believe that ekuaz is DAM - but this was after the release.
I don't see it being sold locally at all and don't really prefer ordering from aboard - so might have a look again later this year.
Welp good luck friendo, I saw a couple for semi reasonable prices on ebay, but I don't know if they're still there. I'm loving this figure, real shame it didn't come out officially with minimal change, but what can you do? At least you got Leon, who is equally as good!

Does anyone know if there are any chances of this going out of stock soon at Sideshow? I was lucky enough to nab Claire after joining the waitlist but don't want a similar thing happening with Leon despite him being in stock for years!

Damn I hope they announce the RE 4 line. Kinda funny but hot toys kinda started with those old school re4 figure way back. Very brittle bodies. Hot toys did a great job with that line. Made lots of characters and variants. Sad they are so absorbed into Disney now but I remember fondly about how they would be quick to make re figures from the games and movie

Damn I hope they announce the RE 4 line. Kinda funny but hot toys kinda started with those old school re4 figure way back. Very brittle bodies. Hot toys did a great job with that line. Made lots of characters and variants. Sad they are so absorbed into Disney now but I remember fondly about how they would be quick to make re figures from the games and movie
I'm still mad they never did anything with the MGSV license. That game was far from perfect but Venom Snake is a fantastic design.

It was all so exciting back then. HT just showed off all of the line at a convention without any proper warning. Good times.

I was at Sideshow's booth when they were just unwrapping them to set them up. Awesome surprise.

Those were the days lol. Such a cool line . Re5 had a great line aswell. Hell even re6 got some good figures

Back