Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been an open secret for years, and not even a secret in the beginning because it was announced officially, that DAM Toys was one of VTS' brand names. Since VTS are holding a RE licence through their DAM brand it was surprising enough that they even risked making an unlicensed RE figure that was so identifiable with themselves.

But then VTS has gotten away with making unlicensed figures for so long, while also gaining licences through the more 'reputable' face of DAM, almost daring to get caught. Maybe companies are genuinely ignorant about the connection, or merely turn a blind eye as long as there's no infringement of their own properties.

However, with the creation of the EKUAZ name it's evident that even VTS has a line they won't cross.

Ekuaz isnt tied to the other two studios, whatever their reason for doing this it most likely was to recoup loses incurred by the figure's production, the license, and lack of being able to sell product. I guess the covid thing screwed them hard, and the contract for the license didn't extend to compensate? I'd love to ask them why this sorta thing happened, but I doubt we'll get an answer for years, if ever at all.

20b5b6a67c5c9c8c05de91ce58ad9f57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to sell this if anyone's interested, preferably within the UK as international shipping is pricey.

well, i went ahead and ordered this from SSC. seemed to be the best price and i had some reward points. all reviews have been good and if we get more RE figures at some point, this will be HTF in the future. thanks for the pics here showing how to load up the belt - now i do not need to search for screencaps.

Not confirmed but they haven’t giving any updates on the license or any kind of teasers. There’s a 3rd party Claire coming out…. You can always sell it if we do we a damtoys version.

Not confirmed but they haven’t giving any updates on the license or any kind of teasers. There’s a 3rd party Claire coming out…. You can always sell it if we do we a damtoys version.
They was the same way with Leon, other than the non specific licence announcement we didn't hear anything until Leon went up for preorder. Many people thought that Leon was cancelled too so at this point i am going to try and stay patient and hopefully.

They was the same way with Leon, other than the non specific licence announcement we didn't hear anything until Leon went up for preorder. Many people thought that Leon was cancelled too so at this point i am going to try and stay patient and hopefully.
That’s all you can do. I preordered the 3rd party Claire so I won’t be looking for one later… plus if we get a damtoys I can always customize the 3rd party one.

who is the manufacturer for the 3rd party claire? i have been out of the loop for a bit. thanks.

I found it. the UB-Toys version I assume.

Back