Damon Lindelof is writing a Star Wars movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll believe this is happening when they're actually in production. Lucasfilm just throws teams together and 'hopes' it works with any of these movies. This is a studio that gave Rian Johnson TLJ because he came in and gave them a pitch they liked. Not a pitch for Episode VIII, just a random pitch. And they were like, cool, here's the hero generations grew up with and adore, please go ruin him!

The whole Patty Jenkins situation characterises this process as sheer ineptitude even long following the sequel trilogy.

I'll believe this is happening when they're actually in production. Lucasfilm just throws teams together and 'hopes' it works with any of these movies. This is a studio that gave Rian Johnson TLJ because he came in and gave them a pitch they liked. Not a pitch for Episode VIII, just a random pitch. And they were like, cool, here's the hero generations grew up with and adore, please go ruin him!

The whole Patty Jenkins situation characterises this process as sheer ineptitude even long following the sequel trilogy.
I loved the X-Wing book series and old X-Wing and TIE fighter games. I was quite interested in her movie. I think it was going to be set in the ST era though which dampened my enthusiasm somewhat but still, a proper X-Wing movie could have been amazing but uh oh, here comes KK and the dreaded "creative differences"...

I loved the X-Wing book series and old X-Wing and TIE fighter games. I was quite interested in her movie. I think it was going to be set in the ST era though which dampened my enthusiasm somewhat but still, a proper X-Wing movie could have been amazing but uh oh, here comes KK and the dreaded "creative differences"...

I was also pretty optimistic about an X-Wing squadron focused film, but then WW84 showed the cracks in Patty Jenkins being left to her own devices...

We already saw what the other half of mystery box productions, JJ Abrams, did with the Sequel Trilogy. Not sure we really need Lindelof to come in and crap on star wars as well.

Not sure we really need Lindelof to come in and crap on star wars as well.
Even not knowing anything about this potential movie, I already know I have zero interest in seeing it.

The only Patty Jenkins film I've seen is Monster. Not seen any of the Wonder Woman films though so her being the director didn't set off any alarms for me.

I take it this WW84 was pretty bad.

Who knows, maybe it's worked out for the best.

I still want to see an X-Wing movie from someone. Maybe Gilroy when he's done with Andor...

Even not knowing anything about this potential movie, I already know I have zero interest in seeing it.

The only Patty Jenkins film I've seen is Monster. Not seen any of the Wonder Woman films though so her being the director didn't set off any alarms for me.

I take it this WW84 was pretty bad.

Who knows, maybe it's worked out for the best.

I still want to see an X-Wing movie from someone. Maybe Gilroy when he's done with Andor...

Yeah WW84 was dreadful. I wouldn't mind Gilory getting some more Star Wars work thrown his way. As much as I enjoy it though I feel like we still need some of the space western adventure that stuff like Mandalorian brings though. Lets just steer clear of the BOBF, Obi-Wan stuff :slap

Yeah WW84 was dreadful. I wouldn't mind Gilory getting some more Star Wars work thrown his way. As much as I enjoy it though I feel like we still need some of the space western adventure that stuff like Mandalorian brings though. Lets just steer clear of the BOBF, Obi-Wan stuff :slap

The Mandalorian and Andor is the only Disney made Star Wars content I like, so I'd happily take more of both.

A Gilroy made gritty mature movie about X-Wing pilots sounds pretty good to me.

You bloody watch it turn out that the X-Wing movie I want is the very same movie being written by that hack Lindelof.

I loved his Watchmen and Leftovers (and of course Lost), but not sure I trust his instincts as much when it comes to franchises like Trek and SW.

But if it's a standalone movie and not a full trilogy then I suppose it can't hurt things too much...

They could just never do another Star Wars movie or TV show and I would be fine with it. But. . .no way whatever this guy makes will be worse than Solo, the prequels, or Rogue One, so give him a shot, I say.

Not the screenwriting genius behind Prometheus! How do these idiots keep on failing up all the time, they're worse than politicians!
Not to defend Lindelof but he didn’t write the original script, that was Jon Spaihts. DL rewrote it, to what extent exactly we don’t know other than what they tell us in the press.

He’s hit and miss based on what I’ve seen. As someone else said his original work is better than his franchise work, he’s probably not the best choice as he wears his fanboy on his sleeve waaay too much.

Yeah Prometheus was not his fault. He just got brought in because Scott wanted to rework the existing script. No different than tons of writers do, often uncredited. And I actually enjoy Prometheus. Those two dummies who spend the night in Mumm Ra's tomb might be the dumbest cliche horror trope characters in history but in the other movie that's happening Fassbender is playing the **** out of a creepy android role and Snoopy Whatsherface gives birth to a nightmare.
That said, I still think DL's SW movie will be garbage.

They could just never do another Star Wars movie or TV show and I would be fine with it. But. . .no way whatever this guy makes will be worse than Solo, the prequels, or Rogue One, so give him a shot, I say.
I agree with the sentiment that no more Star Wars is really needed. But I said the same thing before The Mandalorian too so what do I know?..

Yeah Prometheus was not his fault. He just got brought in because Scott wanted to rework the existing script. No different than tons of writers do, often uncredited. And I actually enjoy Prometheus. Those two dummies who spend the night in Mumm Ra's tomb might be the dumbest cliche horror trope characters in history but in the other movie that's happening Fassbender is playing the **** out of a creepy android role and Snoopy Whatsherface gives birth to a nightmare.
That said, I still think DL's SW movie will be garbage.
Prometheus is absolutely AWESOME!..

Back