DAM "Task Force Ranger" - "Operation Gothic Serpent" - 1993 Somalia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
A number of years ago, Dam (I assume they eventually became "DAMTOYS") released a number of figures in their "Task Force Ranger" - "Operation Gothic Serpent" - 1993 Somalia series.

I always regretted passing on these, as at the time, my collecting focus had shifted to Hot Toys and their movie related figures. Some time ago, I started looking into this set and have been on the hunt for affordable figures from the series. I was recently fortunate enough to find two of the figures for a fairly good price:

- Chalk Leader 75 Ranger (based on Josh Hartnett as Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann, US Army Ranger, leader of Chalk 4.)
- Delta Force Team Leader (based on William Fichtner as SFC Jeff Sanderson, who is based on real Delta Force operator SFC Paul Howe.

The figures are surprisingly good by today's standards and I have a possible head sculpt replacement for Fichtner. Have to test it out.

I'm still on the hunt for the remaining figures. Hopefully I get lucky and find them for a decent price, as well.

Here are just a few pics of the figure and a couple of mine. (Just arrived today so haven't had a chance to set them up yet.):

130209ptcpooieuveukiel.jpg

2220266zgxo7r7uc7orcdc.jpg
130221hw3cucuowzpxx60t.jpg
DAMdelta47.jpg
DAMdelta01.jpg

DAMdelta28.jpg
IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg
IMG_3333.jpg
IMG_3332.jpg

I remember those figures (and the "Tears of the Sun" set they released as well). They really are quite impressive to this day.

Awesome pick ups, great to see how much you really did deep dive into Military figures even going backwards.

I've already talked about how much I adore these figures from one of my top 5 films and have already shared one of these pictures but here's another one.
IMG_1348.jpeg
IMG_1360.jpeg

Great looking collection, Chambea!

Would love to eventually pick up the rest of the set but I am WAY over-stretched, as far as the hobby funds go. (although I would pick up a "Hoot" immediately if I found a good deal...)

Back